The Falkirk FC Thread

We don't play with real wide players though. The full backs provide that width. Alston and Sibbald purposely play narrow.

More important positions IMO.

Going forward I would agree, but we get a lot of trouble defensively by having poor cover in the wide areas and the full backs get isolated. Not sure which position needs more attention - cover at LB?

Definitely think a replacement for Taiwo in central midfield would be the priority...we should have enough strikers but Bob mchughs tendencies to pick up injuries is something he's had all his career so far & might force us to find someone on loan...please don't ask Billy Reid this time though

It still amazes me that bowmans at the club given his off the field fuckups. Unlike rae etc his performances on the park dont make up for it. I'd like to see us sign a guy with a bit of pace to add nch to the options we have. If like saturday the likes of sibbald is struggling then pace off the bench could make a difference. The likes of smith and cooper dont bring much to the party unfortunately.

It still amazes me that bowmans at the club given his off the field fuckups. Unlike rae etc his performances on the park dont make up for it. I'd like to see us sign a guy with a bit of pace to add nch to the options we have. If like saturday the likes of sibbald is struggling then pace off the bench could make a difference. The likes of smith and cooper dont bring much to the party unfortunately.

Saw Alston pass the ball out wide on Saturday then run past Smith to chase his own pass. Ok the ball wasn't to Smith's feet but it annoyed me just the same!

Saw Alston pass the ball out wide on Saturday then run past Smith to chase his own pass. Ok the ball wasn't to Smith's feet but it annoyed me just the same!

Yeah I saw that too and wasn't happy, haven't noticed smith as being lazy before and unlike most I think he does add a bit of pace down the wings for us albeit I admit his final ball is hit or miss but that did piss me off at the weekend, wasn't interested.

This assassination of bowman s really fucking me right off ...yes allegedly the guy has been in a little trouble...anything deserving jail? Well clearly not...give the guy a break ffs. We have all been in stupid fights /done silly things & yes even done for drunk driving when we were in our 20s& early 30s let it fucking go....& before anyone waves hello Graeme etc I don't know the kid at all he may turn out to be utter shite like Andrews & Barclay before him or he may be the true successor to mick mcgoverns crown but the politically correct revisionism on here is pathetic...here's a great example...I'm very close to a guy that would never start any trouble ... I was with him one night & a drunk guy was laying it on thick with his wife...he let it go & let it go till chucking out time...the guy hit him square on the forehead when he was trying to go home then came in for the blows to put him on the floor...he hit him back in defence the guy hit his head on the kerb & died he got 3 years for manslasughter....got my point?

Edited by Bigbri Bairn2

Yeah I saw that too and wasn't happy, haven't noticed smith as being lazy before and unlike most I think he does add a bit of pace down the wings for us albeit I admit his final ball is hit or miss but that did piss me off at the weekend, wasn't interested.

Think his time on the bench has got him pissed off. A transfer is his answer to save his career

Sorry pal I posted that before I seen your egalitarian posts..yes I will be there always a good game between us... Obviously you have a weapon in Hemings & our defence is good in the air but slow...always thought our clubs can get good supports when doing well...looking forward to it boss...Rory loy was amazing for us but maybe not so good in the league above...one of the hardest working centres I've ever seen

Edited by distresseduke