The Falkirk FC Thread

Off topic with regards to recent transfer activity but Arfield showing his quality again tonight like on Sky, with an outstanding goal

He has been consistent in a successful Burnley team for years (albeit relegated last season). It genuinely isn't surprising that he hasn't been selected for Scotland. From Crunchie to Sibbs knockbacks, no wonder there is some Bairns that don't give a toss about our national team

Tough to disagree. The only reason he isn't being picked ahead of James McArthur, Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, Matt Ritchie, Scott Brown, Graham Dorrans or Charlie Adam is institutional SFA bias against Falkirk.

Loy was also the worst penalty taker I've seen in my life.

Liked him as a player though and when I spoke to him he seemed nice enough.

ETA who the f**k names their kid Rory?

His maw like Lions or summit.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Loy always gave 100% but was he a predator in the penalty box? No he was not. I think both Baird and big Lee have more of a killer instinct and our goals for column this season shows that

Listen as much as I am very happy with Baird & the second coming of lee Miller (who don't forget Livingston didn't fancy)..Rory loy is a fantastic player as a number 10 ...he is not an out & out goal scorer but he will run all day & maybe lacks a finish at times but he is a very clever player who rarely wastes an ounce...ie he knows where to run & where to create space others can't see ...a fantastic player the likes of we will be lucky to see again...I would compare him to a lex grant or Ken eadie in a bairns jersey....maybe even a Kirkie Lawson

Loy was also the worst penalty taker I've seen in my life.

Liked him as a player though and when I spoke to him he seemed nice enough.

ETA who the f**k names their kid Rory?

His maw like Lions or summit.

Shares that with Mark Millar for me...

Keeping with recent transfer talk and my thoughts on Nathan Austin.

Young player who can finish, beat a player, has skill and quick feet, fantastic pace and I expect him to be one of the fastest players in Championship, can win balls in the air and hold the ball up.

Great signing and will do well.

fash isn't one of the fastest players in the league!! He is quick but nowhere near one of the fastest. He has benefited a lot from good coaches at East Fife. Loaning him back to East Fife will only aid his development. Games are the important thing at his age

Loy was our main man basically cos he would run the channels and bring others into play, at the time it was a good thing as we had sod all else, Baird although much maligned came in and did help, loy then got injured and stuffed our season, we didnt have enough quality in reserve, botti got a move to swansea on his cameo role in cup final, Morgan got a move to Airdrie where he is or was still regarded as shite!

One of the worst pen takers i remember in a falkirk shirt was God himself. Brilliant player but awful pen taker. Best i can remember was gunner mcwilliams closely followed by tam mcqueen.

Stainrod chose to miss the penalties for the greater good. Nothing else.

It was his choice. You will go to the burny fire for that comment.

Totally disagree loy was far more influential in build up play than either...my favourite player since stainrod

I bet I could rattle off more than 20 who for me would be ahead of Loy.

He worked hard I don't doubt that. He was decent but the best since Stainrod? Come on

Better than

Latapy

McAlistair

Farid

Taylor

Moss

Stokes

Higginbotham

Flynn

McGrandles

Sibbald

Keith

Crabbe

Barr

Miller

Coyle

Samuel

Hughes

Kerr

McQueen

McGovern

To name a few - no danger

Edited by Back Post Misses

Nice piece in today's Scotsman - an interview with Kevin McAllister. He sounds like a decent bloke.

Just finished reading that, great piece. His refusal to even go in to the Morrisons where Brockville once stood is superb.

Link here for anyone else whose not seen it:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/interview-kevin-mcallister-still-grieving-end-of-brockville-1-4002614

I bet I could rattle off more than 20 who for me would be ahead of Loy.

He worked hard I don't doubt that. He was decent but the best since Stainrod? Come on

Better than

Latapy

McAlistair

Farid

Taylor

Moss

Stokes

Higginbotham

Flynn

McGrandles

Sibbald

Keith

Crabbe

Barr

Miller

Coyle

Samuel

Hughes

Kerr

McQueen

McGovern

To name a few - no danger

I said my favourite player since stainrod it is of course a matter of opinion...you have guys in there that imo don't deserve to be above loy...Colin Samuel ? Scott crabbe? Never in a million years