The Falkirk FC Thread

Confirmed Grant's out for the season on the official site. Bowman too. Not a peep about Vaulks though.

Thats a shame for Grant. He's always looked really good and, while hes young enough to recover, its come at a time when he was probably looking at a decent move in the summer.

I might actually cry if Vaulks is out too :lol:

The first thing I'd be doing is offering Grant a new long term deal. Far more likely to sign it for future stability now that he's crocked and a move in the Summer is basically off the radar. Could turn a negative for 6 months into a positive for the next few years. Notice on the website there's nothing about what the injury is, how it happened etc. Pretty poor stuff from the club as usual.

I did wonder why Stenny had signed another keeper already after only having Bowman for what one match?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Other than for Bowman himself how is it bad news the keeper we loaned out for the rest of the season is unable to play for FFC again this season?

Since when was it anything other than bad news for anyone fracturing their leg? I'm sure his teammates, coaching staff etc. will be gutted for him. Not much luck for him getting two serious injuries in one season.

Losing Grant is a blow but not the end of the world. He will come back stronger I'm sure. The thought of Watson playing CH all season now is a scary thought

Vaulks has to stay I'm center mid for me. He's not a sellable asset at CH cause he's too short, needs as much practice in midfield as possible

Why would we want to sell him?

Our fans been conditioned into our best players being sold off and never build a team.

Play him where it best suits the team.

If that is midfield so be it. If it is CH, which with Grant injured and us having McGrandles, then I think that is best for the team play him there.

The first thing I'd be doing is offering Grant a new long term deal. Far more likely to sign it for future stability now that he's crocked and a move in the Summer is basically off the radar. Could turn a negative for 6 months into a positive for the next few years. Notice on the website there's nothing about what the injury is, how it happened etc. Pretty poor stuff from the club as usual.

I did wonder why Stenny had signed another keeper already after only having Bowman for what one match?

It is the ligaments in his knee. He did it at Livingston when he came down after heading a ball away. Missed Dundee, played at Ibrox with it then a scan discovered the extent of the damage.

Yes, thought smith had a poor game. Looked very different type of wide players. Smith as we know is head down and run, hippo looked a lot more tricky, but seemed to want to beat the man twice

Hipo? More like donkey! He was very greedy and will struggle with us

Since when was it anything other than bad news for anyone fracturing their leg? I'm sure his teammates, coaching staff etc. will be gutted for him. Not much luck for him getting two serious injuries in one season.

Losing Grant is a blow but not the end of the world. He will come back stronger I'm sure. The thought of Watson playing CH all season now is a scary thought

Well to be honest he wasn't going to play for FFC again this season as he was away on loan.

I fully expected him to be pumped in the summer after that.

Seems he's also a bit of an arse away from the pitch also.

Forgive me if I'm not too bothered from an FFC point of view.

For the lad on a personal level he gets my sympathy.

How did it happen anyway?