The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed.

The fact that we haven't had the same luxury as Hibs with a large squad has meant Houston has had to keep it consistent which has worked well for us and had his hand forced on squad/team selection, this coupled with the quality the players produce together as a team has benefited the club and gives a sense of camaraderie among the them. The only downfall to having such a tight knit group is that a couple of injuries is all it takes to derail the consistency. I would love to be able to keep it the same going into next season, however if we manage to get promoted I'm not sure we currently have 11 men in this team that will make the step up and cope.

Don't take that as a negative post, far from it, more trying to be realistically optimistic or vice versa.

The small squad and injuries has gave us a few problems to deal with.

We've plugged gaps by playing players out of position.

Sibbs at left wing

Muirhead at Right back

Leahy isn't an left back

Last but not least McCracken is done but needs to play due to Grant.

The fact this bunch can finish above Hibs and be 2 games from the Premiership is quite amazing.

Ooooh look at you all angry.

Why has a discussion about Alston and St Johnstone got your attention anyway?

Where in that reply does it come across that I'm angry? I enjoy shouting down the shite a few of your support constantly post, it's ridiculously easy.

Not as bad as 1 of your players dropping a league to sign for a 4 year old club.

At least Alston is going up a level

They have a higher average attendance so are obviously a bigger club than us.

They have a higher average attendance so are obviously a bigger club than us.

Bigger club but currently not a more successful one. I'd reckon we're a bigger club than a few in the top flight but we're nowhere near as successful at the moment and that's what counts at the end of the day.

Bigger club but currently not a more successful one. I'd reckon we're a bigger club than a few in the top flight but we're nowhere near as successful at the moment and that's what counts at the end of the day.

Nah man.

It's all about how many B&Q/Challenge/Ramsden/petrofac cups you've won.

In February, Peter Houston said that Alston wanted a fresh challenge and probably wouldn't be at Falkirk next season. Has something changed since then?

I took from that the fresh challenge was Premier league fitba.

In February, Peter Houston said that Alston wanted a fresh challenge and probably wouldn't be at Falkirk next season. Has something changed since then?

Playing in the premier league would be the fresh challenge I'd imagine. In February I'd have still said that the chance of this happening with Falkirk were slim so it would probably be with another team, we have a great chance now so aye that has changed.

I'd say in a lot of Alston's time under Houston, he has been dropped or subbed during a game. He is now thought of nowadays as an important cog in the team and perhaps appreciated that little bit more by Houstie.

The story circulating is he'll stay if we go up but will leave if we don't, I personally feel he is away either way but would love to be proven wrong.

I know Perth pretty well having worked there for many years and I could never understand the lack of real support in the town for a club that have consistently punched well above their weight.

Fair do's to the core support but your club are farting against a hurricane trying to interest the locals.

Good club in a diddy town.

If we go up and he leaves then I doubt he'll be playing in the Premier league unless Hearts or Aberdeen or someone of that ilk comes in for him. If we go up then I reckon he'll either be playing with us in the Premier or have gone down south. If we dont go up then he'll either be at St Johnstone or down south. I cant see him moving to St Johnstone if we go up. 

I know Perth pretty well having worked there for many years and I could never understand the lack of real support in the town for a club that have consistently punched well above their weight.

Fair do's to the core support but your club are farting against a hurricane trying to interest the locals.

Good club in a diddy town.

In terms of attendance against local population, we're actually one of the better ones.

We lost a lot of supporters during the seven years we spent loitering around the First Division

In terms of attendance against local population, we're actually one of the better ones.

We lost a lot of supporters during the seven years we spent loitering around the First Division

Weirdly we have been down for 6 and I'd say we have a bigger support than 2010.

Weirdly we have been down for 6 and I'd say we have a bigger support than 2010.

Perth folk are funny folk though, and we did almost get relegated one of those seasons.

Don't talk shite, the only thing that matters to players is wages.