The Falkirk FC Thread

Over the piece, a better season.... Probably not. Given the stock you boys seem to hold the Scottish Cup in. (Not a dig it's fair enough you were choking to win it)

Do I think we were better than yous? Yes I do. League promotion is everyones priority. We finished higher than you over a whole season then beat you in the playoffs.

You can conveniently ignore these facts all you want or bleat about it only being two goals. But to be honest in terms of logic/reason that's about the same level as me saying "You only beat Rangers by one goal"

But what did you have to show for it at the end of the season? Nothing. Because you won nothing. We have a beautiful shiny Scottish cup and European football to show for our season.

Last season counts for nothing now. Hibs have lost 7 or 8 players (including their best player, Henderson) and brought in a reserve keeper and a pensioner. We've lost Alston and brought in Craigen to replace him along with Gasparotto to replace an ageing CB and two young prospects. Our team is stable and being improved upon whilst Hibs have a new manager doing a rebuilding job. Be interesting to see who they bring in but they'll take time to settle.

Hibs deserve great credit for their cup exploits last season but it is promotion they really need given their resources and fan base. Sadly in that department they failed miserably and we were the better team both in league position and play off games

Fact

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Should be at least 20/1. Falkirk have no chance.

You offering 20/1 ?

Lennon is an able replacement for the whimpering greeting Celtic tinted that left, never rated the previous one and reckon he'll be lucky to see out the season but will be interesting to see what Lennon bring. He couldn't pick his nose at Celtic and the money he wasted, long may it continue

Was confident before Danny re-signing of winning the league & now that has happened it only strengthens us further.

Hibs are poorer (currently) and in my opinion, United will struggle. You need more than a decent manager in this league.

2-0 up at half time in Coatbridge, Vaulks with a goal from outside the box and a McHugh header. Fairly dull preseason stuff so far. Watson, Vaulks and McHugh our best players so far.

What happened with Mehmet and the goals?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

2-0 up at half time in Coatbridge, Vaulks with a goal from outside the box and a McHugh header. Fairly dull preseason stuff so far. Watson, Vaulks and McHugh our best players so far.

players in 2nd gear most of it and got a fright, in the end up the class shown through, Im sure Houst will kick a few arses today altho its only pre season

I wasnt too impressed with Kidd at right back, thot he did not too bad last week, tho a lot can be said for the pitch

4-2 final score with Vaulks scoring a couple of crackers and Deniz making a few good saves, end of the day its a workout and thats all it should be based on with new players gelling in and fitness

Just now, gav-ffc said:

What happened with Mehmet and the goals?

no chance with either, he made two cracking saves in the lead to their second, free shot inside the box save then free shot again then goal, poor defending tbh hence my 2nd gear comment as we where lack lustre in keeping up in midfield