The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't think they were too keen on him the first time he was there. I'd take him, but I doubt we could afford him and I'm not sure where exactly we'd fit him in.

There's money to spend if the right player is identified. Being honest, he would need to take Sibbalds position and I don't see that happening.

23 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Can only speculate the kind of cash Dundee had him on. They aren't exactly known for being too prudent though.

The same Dundee that refused to match the offer Falkirk made to Nathan Austin? 

That Dundee? 

ETA : FWIW - Harkins is meant to be on somewhere around £1800 a week. We offered him a two year deal on 75% of his current wage to bring him in line with others at the club and give him an extra year security. It was never rejected or taken off the table. If it's true about he can leave, he'd be a great signing for you. 

Edited by Deeboy

8 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

ETA : FWIW - Harkins is meant to be on somewhere around £1800 a week. We offered him a two year deal on 75% of his current wage to bring him in line with others at the club and give him an extra year security. It was never rejected or taken off the table. If it's true about he can leave, he'd be a great signing for you. 

I agree he would be a great signing for any Championship team.

Only 2 teams will have players on £1000+ pw and I can't see 1 signing him.

Unless he drops his wage demands which seems weird considering he turned down £1400 at Dundee, it will be only Premiership or Hibs for him.

if he would take Sibbs place in the team, wouldn't that be the catalyst for Sibbs to push on again to reaffirm his position.  he's definitely a player I'd rather on our team, than against us.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Sibbald was pretty rank in patches last year, deservedly dropped, although that may have had something to do with being played out of position frequently.

He is never consistent enough IMO, and also comes across as barely trying in quite alot of games, although i dont think Harkins is the creative player we are missing

17 hours ago, Shooboax said:

A profit thats the point. First time in a couple of decades. Its the relevance of it. Managing responsibly. We're in good hands and with fan ownership. It will become all the more relevant for other Scottish clubs in the near future.

The first point I stated, tho ur educating me ?

You havent educated me regarding your claim that over 2000 fans handing over £20 a month to generate near half a million to make it a small trading profit.

So you are claiming the revelance for other clubs in Scotland is, get your fans to buy season tickets and also pay £20 a month to generate near half a million.

The proof is all there to see, that half a million has seen a small trading profit and promotion from the third tier at the third attempt.

I doubt many will say fifers havent turned things around, tho if they were willing to gamble last season with the future of the club, who is to say it won't happen again just cause it worked out last season.

If you are gonna educate me, then show me a link to the near half a million generated by over 2000 fans, if not keep believing the brain wash that comes out your club and also of every club each season.

39 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Does Lewis Kidd look like he will be the first team RB for next season? I thought muirhead was obviously being played out of position but always seemed capable of putting in a decent shift in that position.

I think it will be Muirhead Watson Luca Leahy

Houstie not one for making a lot of changes, thot Kidd didn't look at place at right back, tho did OK in midfield, early days tho

The midfield and attack is a quagmire of options, which can't be bad

Surely in the spirit of fairness dunfermline should repay the £12 million loan they received and benefited from (a loan they should never have got, only 600k paid back!) this would create a level playing field with no advantage gained from financial cheating....I could then respect the pars as our footballing rivals and not place them with certain other clubs who have financially cheated to gain advantage on the field of play!

How fortunate the pars chairmen was a former md of the bank they got the loan from (obviously not fortunate if you are a shareholder in the bank)

Let me tell you how administration works from the point of view of the fans.

It starts with lapping up the success of your team whilst other teams fans tell you how much debt you're in and you can't afford these players.
They continue with their fingers in there ears and pretending all is great.

Finally the shit hits the fan.
Administrators are in and this is when the fans start the poor us routine whilst looking for sympathy because it wasn't there fault.
You hear them crying that the only thing that's important now is they have a club to follow.

Once out of administration and with an incredibly small CVA behind them they start laughing at all those poor creditors that were screwed and don't really give a shit that other well run teams feel an injustice.
As long as they are going well and have lost all that pesky debt then everything is great with the world.

Edited by Gaz FFC

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think it will be Muirhead Watson Luca Leahy

Houstie not one for making a lot of changes, thot Kidd didn't look at place at right back, tho did OK in midfield, early days tho

The midfield and attack is a quagmire of options, which can't be bad

Fair play, i do believe he was brought in as a RB but if muirhead is gonna be more solid at the back then it can hurt giving Kidd a shot wide right in midfield to see how he copes in the league, i still think we need someone to play wide who can provide a constant quality delivery, saw on the dumbarton thread some fans praising smiths delivery, god knows where he has pulled that from, useless with us.