The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Hibernian will absolutely fucking pish this league this season, zero doubt about it.

Apologies to the dece Falkirk fans amongst us xxx

Got to agree with this, it's not looking like we'll be as strong this year and I'm quite confident that Lennon will have the team harder to beat that Stubbs did.

Onto us, as I said a few weeks back our  lack of ambition in terms of signings will cost us.

We're probably at least 2 high quality signings away from being anywhere near close to match last seasons standards. We're not likely to see them though.

Just watched a bit of yesterday's game as couldn't make it. Looks like we are in for a season of penalties every 5 minutes! Why do we still Baird up top on his own? I can't think of once that we have played well using him up there. He was rotten towards the end of last season and looks like the same now. We're in the odd position now of having a lot of players but weaker looking than last season. We need some spark in the middle and I think this needs to be the season when Sibbs properly goes for it and takes control of games when we're struggling.

1 hour ago, southstand_bairn said:

Just watched a bit of yesterday's game as couldn't make it. Looks like we are in for a season of penalties every 5 minutes! Why do we still Baird up top on his own? I can't think of once that we have played well using him up there. He was rotten towards the end of last season and looks like the same now. We're in the odd position now of having a lot of players but weaker looking than last season. We need some spark in the middle and I think this needs to be the season when Sibbs properly goes for it and takes control of games when we're struggling.

Yeah I actually thought Sibbs was possibly our best yesterday. He was harrying and pressing the ball all the time and breaking up their play a fair bit. He seemed to add a bit aggression tail end of last season too. Hopefully he can work on this.

I felt Kerr wasn't at the races yesterday too, which didn't help us at all. Going to be a long season unless some players raise their game a lot.

rankin looked OK, no more thank ok but his first game so will get better as he gels.

Austin looked tenacious without having the end product. I'd think a run of games might help him a lot but it's quite a big step up for him so no need to rush him.

Edited by BountyBairn

The issue with Sibbs taking charge is he's still getting shunted onto the left wing, he does a decent job there but it's tough to run the show from a wide position.

Can't find the stats for assists, but last season Alston scored 10 in the league and Vaulks got 6. I'm not convinced Craigen and Rankine will make the same contribution, so it's up to other players to step up or we're in for a tough season. 

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Yeah I actually thought Sibbs was possibly our best yesterday. He was harrying and pressing the ball all the time and breaking up their play a fair bit. He seemed to add a bit aggression tail end of last season too. Hopefully he can work on this.

I felt Kerr wasn't at the races yesterday too, which didn't help us at all. Going to be a long season unless some players raise their game a lot.

rankin looked OK, no more thank ok but his first game so will get better as he gels.

Austin looked tenacious without having the end product. I'd think a run of games might help him a lot but it's quite a big step up for him so no need to rush him.

Sibbs has probably seen what's happened with vaulks and Alston and the pennies finally dropped that he's going nowhere soon with falkirk.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sibbs has probably seen what's happened with vaulks and Alston and the pennies finally dropped that he's going nowhere soon with falkirk.

AFAIK Sibbs would be quite happy to stay at Falkirk. He's an actual fan, local lad, one of our own. This may have meant he's maybe not been as focused Developing himself than the others. If he comes along this season it will be because of his drive and hard work to do well for us, not cause he's playing for a move IMO.