The Falkirk FC Thread

Love the optimism chief, but we'll be doing well getting one.
just hope it's a massive improvement on Craigen! 

I think there's a player in Craigen but he's not a winger. Played his 2 best games in central midfield and that's been about it. Will probobly come good next year when Sibbs is likely to be away & will get game time in the middle.

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think there's a player in Craigen but he's not a winger. Played his 2 best games in central midfield and that's been about it. Will probobly come good next year when Sibbs is likely to be away & will get game time in the middle.

Think Craigen can put a decent pass in, his delivery seems good. Can put good curl on it.

But he's slow as f**k, and decision making seems pretty poor too. How many times on Saturday did he put it backward to Muirhead, who's delivery is very poor? Shows bad awareness IMO.

If Sibbs does go, I'd like us to sign a like player to fill slot. We're already thin or creativity.

the warning signs for Craigen were there early on when the Raith fans were very 'meh' about him going to us. Believe they seen more of him on the pitch to judge than we have. Waste of a wage IMO.

Speak to any Patrick or Raith fans and they will tell you he's not a wide midfielder.

Feel sorry for him being stuck out wide but when he played behind a striker he scored the winning goal down at Ayr.

Pretty much. Plonk him behind the striker and you have a real player there.

We wouldn't need to sign anybody else if we played Taiwo, Muirhead and Craigen in the correct position.

Christ, we could even stick Leahy left mid and Hippo up top and really give teams something to think about. 

Actually, I prefer being predictably slow and boring. As you were gentlemen. 

55 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Speak to any Patrick or Raith fans and they will tell you he's not a wide midfielder.

Feel sorry for him being stuck out wide but when he played behind a striker he scored the winning goal down at Ayr.

This^^^

He will no doubt get released and be seen as a giant flop by many fans and not even his fault.

Get what folk are saying. But he seemed to brought into Alstons slot. Another gaffe by the gaffer. We didn't and perhaps don't need more centre mids.

seem to recall Arabs saying that was his downfall with them too. Seemed to bring in CM and flooded starting 11 with them.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Alston wasn't really a right mid either but he made a far better job of it than craigen ever will. The guy runs like he's in quick sand. Even if we stuck him in the middle we'd need to sign someone with pace and the legs to cover for him.

Totally agree. Alston had a bit of utility to be fair and done well at RM. had a bit pace, could find the net, would take defenders on and a decent cross.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Right. And you're entirely sure it was a serious post*?

*I know you can't make any assumptions wrt that page.

I genuinely struggle to differentiate between the trolls and the hard of thinking on that page. I really should stop following it.

38 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Some goon on the Facebook page posting 'leaked plans' of the 4th stand and saying he'd 'gladly stay in the Championship for 5 more years' to fund it. What planet are these folk on? :lol:

Where is the sense in the maths?

5 years in lower income Championship = 1 new stand. Who knew?

Someone gonnae tell Ayr and Dumbarton please.

Edited by Gaz FFC