The Falkirk FC Thread

Unless Sunderland & Watford release Nelson & Jakubiak (doubtful seeing as both signed extensions before they came to us) then I wouldn’t expect to see them again UNLESS it’s a loan deal.

Hartley said himself that any loan deals will be much later, ie July/August.

Makes sense to wait until July August when teams can evaluate and decide who is surplus to requirements, cant imagine the website being down completely in preparation of a marquee signing, hope I am wrong though

3 minutes ago, S-Bairn said:

Makes sense to wait until July August when teams can evaluate and decide who is surplus to requirements, cant imagine the website being down completely in preparation of a marquee signing, hope I am wrong though

nothing to get too excited about

Capture.JPG

Adam Johnson just been released from prison? Bainsford Bairn nowhere to be seen? Are we about to witness the first marquee signing from the don...

We have no chance. Livvy have first refusal on jail bird footballers. Besides they currently only have one sex offender on their books, and Johnson would give their side a better balance in that respect.

I'm not overly keen to get Nelson back. I'd rather have a proven goalscorer beside Jakubiak or Lewis. Nelson and Jakubiak are too similar for me, and I don't see it being a league winning strike force.

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'm not overly keen to get Nelson back. I'd rather have a proven goalscorer beside Jakubiak or Lewis. Nelson and Jakubiak are too similar for me, and I don't see it being a league winning strike force.

Nelson and Jak are quite different as footballers IMO.

Might have missed this elsewhere but Sibbald signing for Livi according to Beeb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304749

Meanwhile, Livingston are close to signing midfielder Craig Sibbald, who is out of contract with Championship outfit Falkirk. 

The 23-year-old progressed through the Bairns' youth ranks and scored five goals in 29 appearances last season.

56 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

To be honest I'm rather the same. I'm sure he would be better with a pre season under his belt with us as it took him a while to get going, but I don't think he set the Heather on fire. Certainly lots of effort from him which was great to see after the first half of the season. I just don't have the buzzing feeling for him to sign on again and would be neither here nor there really. 

2 minutes ago, 51 Bairn said:

Meanwhile, Livingston are close to signing midfielder Craig Sibbald, who is out of contract with Championship outfit Falkirk. 

The 23-year-old progressed through the Bairns' youth ranks and scored five goals in 29 appearances last season.

That's wild. Can't imagine they'd be offering him more cash but who knows. Doubt it'll go down very well on here or in general with the fanbase. Not sure how I'd feel about it personally - would probably kid on like I wasn't bothered and he can make whatever choice he sees fit on here, then I'd get a couple of cans in me and call him every name under the sun to the lads down the boozer.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's wild. Can't imagine they'd be offering him more cash but who knows. Doubt it'll go down very well on here or in general with the fanbase. Not sure how I'd feel about it personally - would probably kid on like I wasn't bothered and he can make whatever choice he sees fit on here, then I'd get a couple of cans in me and call him every name under the sun to the lads down the boozer.

If thats the level of his ambition he can f**k right off. (Secretly I am gutted and a wee bit embarrassed).

If he goes to Livi then fair enough. I couldn't care less and he will just be another ex player. I thought he could have maybe got a better club but it's still a step up to the league above and he might see it as a chance to showcase himself with a chance of a move to a bigger club in the same league.

We move on as a club and support whoever PH brings in to replace him.

This is silly no matter how you look at it.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If thats the level of his ambition he can f**k right off. (Secretly I am gutted and a wee bit embarrassed).

In a nutshell, GB.

I wonder if he got his fingers burnt by not landing a deal at, cough, fucking Luton Town, and has played it super-safe this time. I mean he won't even have to move house.