The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Am I mad to think we might be pretty fucking decent this season?

I'm sure a few of you thought that last season but I must admit Hartley looks to have tried to  improve most positions.  You probably won't finish as low as 8th this season. 

I'm sure Haber was with St Johnstone when we were last in the Premier and he was incredibly physical, big lad but he was very quick. 

From what I've heard injuries have done him a little bit, will be interesting to see if he can get over them this season. 

I'd still much rather have our squad than Falkirks but I'm sure it'll be a interesting season one way or another.... 

35 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm sure Haber was with St Johnstone when we were last in the Premier and he was incredibly physical, big lad but he was very quick. 

From what I've heard injuries have done him a little bit, will be interesting to see if he can get over them this season. 

I'd still much rather have our squad than Falkirks but I'm sure it'll be a interesting season one way or another.... 

He's completely different now. He used to make constant runs in behind with us, but a serious knee injury seemed to f**k his pace. He's adapted to be more of a target man, and seems a better player for it. 

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You know what you are getting with the Longridges, Craigen, Hypocrite etc. Solid, yet unspectacular, Championship level players.

We have gambled a bit however I am excited to see how we gel and would not swap our squad for yours.

Our team/squad is definitely an unknown commodity this season which for me makes it really exciting. We know it has the capacity to go wrong but I would much rather have this than rocking up next Saturday to watch a team full of championship jobbers who we already know won't get us out of this league.

Mate we’ve basically had your squad and trust me it’s pish

Don’t worry any duds will be swooped up by AJ in a years times.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Am I mad to think we might be pretty fucking decent this season?

Just a Falkirk supporter, we still need to improve greatly for me as much has been said we have used the cup games as friendlies, we are still nowhere near a finalised starting 11, performed well or had a stand out player so far for me.

We play like we have in cup/friendlies and ICT will destroy us on opening day

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Its been a long way from getting beat of Raith and pumped of Tranmere to beating seaside league teams in the cup and the Dundee mess.

Our league cup last season was glorious and see what happened to us, which kinda belittles my next point in that winning though breeds a winning mentality, it still does though as we hadn't really corrected last seasons defence mess and actually were weaker with no left back which was found out versus better teams in our league.

The big question I'd say for Pars is can Fais do it in the championship, his career so far reads superb third tier striker when odds are stacked with him, Hippo won't score the goals required playing up top in this league, his Dundee performance was what he was like with us up top in missing chances a proven striker would score. Hippo tho is a great signing when on his game and used correctly.

I'd be more confident going into the season next week tho with pars results in the cup tho.....

16 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Binning your youth system to sign guys like Haber? Fucking lol :1eye

Welcome to the championship, did you enjoy your relegation? Must be an awesome youth system you guys have... 

Fucking lol indeed. 

Our squad might well prove to be absolutely gantin. 

Bit at least it's new pish. Not some guy who came through hearts youth system and has spent the past 4 seasons jobbing for Stranraer and Raith. 

If this lot are pish we'll try again with a new mob of them later. As long as we don't go fucking about with an M8/M9 scouting system ever again I'm happy.

Around 9,500 in the game at Firhill. I think the score was 0-0 as I remember little about it apart from the large crowd. Replay was probably one of my favourite ever Thistle games despite us getting beat. End to end stuff and the atmosphere was electric.
Brockville at its very best, fantastic game.

Fasan

McGhee
Muirhead
Dallison
Brough

Petravicius
Kidd
Sammut
Turner

Lewis
Mackin

Hopefully we see both Haber and Greenwood at some point. Paton rested but Froxylias dropped from the squad it looks like.

Fasan

McGhee
Muirhead
Dallison
Brough

Petravicius
Kidd
Sammut
Turner

Lewis
Mackin

Hopefully we see both Haber and Greenwood at some point. Paton rested but Froxylias dropped from the squad it looks like.
I agree. There is a possibility he's gone 4231 again with Turner in the middle and Lewis on the left