The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Wee Lewis's questions are always the same. Don't blame him mind. 

Can't exactly say "Well that was fucking embarrassing Paul.. are you considering your position?"

Aye so hes hardly going to have kicked the shit out the manager then which was my point.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

And our U20s finished bottom of the league last season, which was their last year of existence.  And our ladies team are currently bottom of their league, ten points adrift of safety.

I watch all of those teams, every week, sometime three or four times a week depending on what matches are on. And I'm sick fed up of walking out of a stadium having seen the team in navy blue not only getting beat but often playing badly.

Do anyone else wish they'd been feckin born in Barcelona? :(

We'd only have opted for Espanyol though. :(

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

.......and that is the kind of procrastination that will be the death of us. Hartley cannot sort it. He is the problem, not the cure. This group of players (regardless of how you choose to coach and deploy them under Hartley) will fail.

Therein lies the problem - how can anyone expect to come in and fix the mess that Hartley has created.

we have a squad of non football players, all of whom are on one of two year contracts. And there's no youth to fall back on.

i honestly think he's set the club back by years. Division one more likely than premiership in our immediate future.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No id much rather have watched us pump queens today and come on here with my tail between my legs to be honest.  Would be nice to see a few folk coming on and saying look i was wrong lets get this clown out the door though. 

If that's aimed at me, as I think it might be, then there's no danger of it happening.

I can just imagine the conversation on Monday morning. I'm just boarding the team bus for the trip to Brechin and the reserve game against Aberdeen when the manager walks up and says "So what's this about you going online and demanding that I get sacked?" :death

Err no, I don't think so

I didn't think we were as bad as many feared and tried to be positive. Sadly, today did not make for happy viewing.  

Guest Back Post Misses
very risky if so. the stadium emptied at 75 minutes today ringing with boos and chants of Hartley must go. he's lost the fans now.

it says it all really when the biggest encouragement from our stand today was the ovation dobbie and Harkins got when they came off

Have to see what this next couple of days brings

They can work as hard as they like all week, they can pay “attention to detail” wrt Dobbie til the cows come home, but when our players are miles off the required standard, it won’t change the outcome.

Not prepared to drop standards? Pull the other one. Wonder how far into the season he will go before he stops calling it “not the start we wanted”. Can’t he see how slow and ponderous his defence is?

He's clueless and deluded, comes out with the same crap every week and does not have the ability to put this right - his continual failure to learn from the same tactical mistakes he has made for the past 6 weeks is evidence of this. Stevie Wonder could see this and if the board can't, then we're fecked.

I won’t go to Dingwall, but I will be in Ayr. Sadly, not out of hope, more out of a morbid sense of curiosity to see if this can actually get any worse.

Dead simple, defence plays way too deep because they’ve no pace through the middle. It results in a massive gap between the defence and the forwards that the midfield (who are not the quickest either) cannot hope to bridge. Dallison doesn’t want to defend, he wants the midfield to do his job for him. No mate, you mark your man, take responsibility. Hartley needs to recognise this. If the defence sits too deep, it concedes the whole park to the opposing team.  We should have done that to queen of the south. Dobbie doesn’t have the legs from the half way line.!

personally, I’d put Russell to centre defence for a bit of pace, drop  dallison and put robson to left side.