The Falkirk FC Thread

So we now have a manager no fan wanted managing a team of players that may well be the most inept collection of bodies to wear a Falkirk shirt. It can only get better. Hopefully. 

It’s not that nobody wanted him. It’s very rare to get a manager in the same league when they’ve only had three league games, hence the lack of suggestion. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure if he was available on a free, he wouldn’t have been everyone’s first choice. But he’s here now, and a LOT better than some of the other candidates mentioned.

Just now, Trump said:

It’s not that nobody wanted him. It’s very rare to get a manager in the same league when they’ve only had three league games, hence the lack of suggestion. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure if he was available on a free, he wouldn’t have been everyone’s first choice. But he’s here now, and a LOT better than some of the other candidates mentioned.

It all seems relatively optimistic compared to a week ago. If he can organise a defence he is fine by me. 

Morton have responded to the shock departure of boss Ray McKinnon after he joined Falkirk earlier this evening.

Chairman Crawford Rae has issued a statement apologising to supporters and suggested the Bairns may have tapped up McKinnon ahead of formally contacting Morton, while also hinting the club could take legal action.

The former Dundee United boss quit Cappielow after just three months at the helm - and with the club sitting second in the Championship.

He was formally announced as Falkirk manager just hours after speaking with Rae at Morton training and is now tasked with hauling his new club off the foot of the table.

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Morton have responded to the shock departure of boss Ray McKinnon after he joined Falkirk earlier this evening.

Chairman Crawford Rae has issued a statement apologising to supporters and suggested the Bairns may have tapped up McKinnon ahead of formally contacting Morton, while also hinting the club could take legal action.

The former Dundee United boss quit Cappielow after just three months at the helm - and with the club sitting second in the Championship.

He was formally announced as Falkirk manager just hours after speaking with Rae at Morton training and is now tasked with hauling his new club off the foot of the table.

What an asshole Rae is.

Crawford Rae - Morton Chairman:

I left the training ground on an absolute high and on my way back to my car I received a phone call from Falkirk to ask permission to speak with our manager.

I was told that the friendship and the regard that Falkirk had for our club was important which was why they chose to ask permission to speak to Ray.

It is ironic that six hours later, Falkirk announce Ray McKinnon as their new manager and to me it is clear that there could have been previous discussions with our manager ahead of their phone call to me.

We will be speaking with the appropriate counsel on our options moving forward, and we will keep our support up to speed as we look to fill our vacant managerial position.

Head across to the Morton page for the full statement.
Complete heads gone tears and snotters stuff.
Hilarious.

Crawford Rae - Morton Chairman:

I left the training ground on an absolute high and on my way back to my car I received a phone call from Falkirk to ask permission to speak with our manager.

I was told that the friendship and the regard that Falkirk had for our club was important which was why they chose to ask permission to speak to Ray.

It is ironic that six hours later, Falkirk announce Ray McKinnon as their new manager and to me it is clear that there could have been previous discussions with our manager ahead of their phone call to me.

We will be speaking with the appropriate counsel on our options moving forward, and we will keep our support up to speed as we look to fill our vacant managerial position.

A jilted lover