The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Rudden has came through the Scottish youth internationals with Irving so if he's the same calibre as him id get him on the park straight away. Also 6ft 2 so should be good in the air

I've been watching Rudden for a few years now, both at Scotland youth level and Rangers U20s when they played us. He's a handful and is one of those annoying Dobbies that you just knew would score against you as soon as you saw his name on the team sheet. And he always did.

I've no idea how he'll get on when he's not playing against other youths but I was still chuffed when I heard we were signing him.

Any line up containing Petravicius or Paton should be roundly laughed at. We need to get energy of some sort in midfield. 

Against Ayr if players are fit I'd go with

Keeper

Kidd Muirhead McGhee Robson

Greenwood Irving McKee Russell

Haber Rudden

Every player there with the exception of Rudden has displayed competence at least at Championship level or better. It's got right footed players on the right and left footed players on the left. We need some sort of solidity between now and January and I think that team gives us that. 

41 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

If you’re basing that on yesterday I wouldn’t read anything in to it, was nothing to do with McKinnon.

Was more that we are worse than shite at a 3 man defence. And we can't play a 3 man midfield, so 4 5 1 seems the lease of all the evils. 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any line up containing Petravicius or Paton should be roundly laughed at. We need to get energy of some sort in midfield. 

Keeper

Haber Rudden

Every player there with the exception of Rudden has displayed competence at least at Championship level or better. It's got right footed players on the right and left footed players on the left. We need some sort of solidity between now and January and I think that team gives us that. 

I'd say the same about Haber. Not sure there's a player in there at all. 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Keeper

Haber Rudden

I'm on board with this line up.

I never want to see Paton, Petravicious or Owen Evans again.

I have seen us play a 3 twice this season and both times it hasn't worked.

I agree with the back 4, first and foremost for me McKinnon has to sort the keeper and defence. Make us hard to beat and stop conceding stupid goals and it's a starting block to build on. A 4 man defence does that best for me with the players we

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

"Better player" is a different question. Davie Weir was a better player than both of them. 

Stainrod could do things no other Falkirk player in my lifetime could with a football. 

Not just the goals from corners or the halfway line. I remember him kneeling on the ball then leaving two defenders probably still looking for where he went. 

Latapy was fabulous but in a different role. 

Davie Weir? Lets not forget we had latapy and stainrod at the ends of their careers whilst weir was 26 and hitting his prime years. Certainly cant remember barcelona being interested in weir.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Had quite a bit of time on my hands coming back from Dingwall. A first and second team made up of 18 players in a match day squad. IMG_1085.jpg.6f39fcb3c8272e9a19c699925dccc5d6.jpg
Gives us decent balance but also cover all over the pitch and would be easy to switch formations.
Did Russell piss on your chips?

Guest Back Post Misses
Don't you just hate going fishing and you catch the wrong fish? Latapy leaving has nothing at all to do with the slide we are on. It's been a decade of shite managers, shite board decisions and shite signings. Latapy was physically done when he left us, he likely couldn't have played on even if he had wanted to at any appreciable level. 

We'll never know what Stainrod would have been like in the top flight with us, but for me at least he was a far more exciting player to watch. Your mileage may vary. 

Ritchie clearly needs to get to f**k then, those bums should be getting chased up fucking sand dunes until they win again. Proper fitness training would probably get another yard out of Harrison. Proper nutrition and work ups and downs would help with all those niggles everyone keeps having. 

I think Mitchell is still rehabbing from injury at the moment? 

I think 2 goals to the league leaders is an improvement over 3 to Queens, especially on a day when Queens were riding Ayr ragged. Next game will prove that, or give the lie to it. 

I never said that I said arguably we have been on the slide since he left. Hughes last season without him we stayed up by 20 minutes. The rest is history

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I never said that I said arguably we have been on the slide since he left. Hughes last season without him we stayed up by 20 minutes. The rest is history

Failure to replace him was a bigger issue. But then isn't that always the case with us? We get a good player and the board always seem taken by surprise when a bid comes in and the player leaves. Then we get left with Scally/Obrien and a host of diddies like the last few seasons. 

Keeper
Haber Rudden
Not a bad team but I just don't rate Kidd. He's ridiculously slow and it's not like he's strong to make up for it

7 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Failure to replace him was a bigger issue. But then isn't that always the case with us? We get a good player and the board always seem taken by surprise when a bid comes in and the player leaves. Then we get left with Scally/Obrien and a host of diddies like the last few seasons. 

Scally's time at the club was success after success for us. Describing the teams of 2-3 years ago as "a host of diddies" doesn't make a lick of sense either. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Keeper
Haber Rudden

Not a bad team but I just don't rate Kidd. He's ridiculously slow and it's not like he's strong to make up for it

Likewise but it gives us balance and we don't really have any other options at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
53 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
Keeper
Haber Rudden

Kidd is too slow and Haber is a Canadian Mackin. 

To be fair though, any line up we post is going to have at least three haddies in it.