The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m a bit surprised that the journalist who tipped McKinnon off that Morton hadn’t mentioned Falkirk’s approach didn’t get an exclusive on the new funds announcement.
Presumably you will be holding a tiny wee portion of these funds back as a contingency just in case the SFA decide to “deal with you as they see fit”. 

Here we go.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely fucking SEETHING about McKinnon. Absolutely fucking SEETHING that we are flaunting our cash about!

Get yersel away wee guy. The shaggers have no requirement for you here.

#FuckMorton

My god it didn't take long for another Morton Meltdown did it. They are such bitter angry people over in Greenock hopefully one day they will let it go? 

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

I’m a bit surprised that the journalist who tipped McKinnon off that Morton hadn’t mentioned Falkirk’s approach didn’t get an exclusive on the new funds announcement.

Presumably you will be holding a tiny wee portion of these funds back as a contingency just in case the SFA decide to “deal with you as they see fit”. 

My god it didn't take long for another Morton Meltdown did it. They are such bitter angry people over in Greenock hopefully one day they will let it go? 

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

That was exactly Peter Risdale's signing policy at Leeds Utd , he ruined a great club too. 

He was trying to win the Champions League/ European Cup, not really comparable to trying to avoid trips to Peterhead and Stranraer.

(Though you are right about ruining Leeds)

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It doesnt take much powers of interpretation to know that we will be desperate in January. Agents and clubs know that.

Current free agents arent going to hold us to ransom. They are free agents and its nearly November. If they can afford to knock back a gig because we offer 600 and they want to hold out for 700 fair play to them. Cant see it though in the market we look to operate.

As long as McKinnon is prudent I think that side of it is going to be the same either way.

Totally agree with this. Anyone who is likely to have been a target for us will still be a target who we can realistically get.

Also significant budget could be used to get a top quality player on loan who may have a point to prove at the parent club. 

I think we need a reality check here, the differences we are talking about at this level and the players Ray wants is not going to be thousands per week. These players will either not a have club or will stay where they are in January on the same wages. If we want them we will have to offer more than they are on anyway and I would be very surprised if anyone at this level turns down extra money. 

I think this announcement is to take the heat off tonight and Thursday. Clubs and agents will need only look at the league to know we are desperate. The money should be spent now and in January. Be too late by then.

I think there maybe more to this than meets the eye. Seems pretty bizarre timing unless it is to calm a potential storm. If we are 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes promise of Euro millions type spending won’t stop the fans kicking off.

I was speaking to the manager last week and he said that new players were being brought in as soon as possible (4 trialists there last week, I believe) and a major overhaul would happen again next summer.

If he is telling fans that, I assume the current players are aware of the situation as well. Might explain some of the performances, I guess.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think this announcement is to take the heat off tonight and Thursday. Clubs and agents will need only look at the league to know we are desperate. The money should be spent now and in January. Be too late by then.

I think there maybe more to this than meets the eye. Seems pretty bizarre timing unless it is to calm a potential storm. If we are 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes promise of Euro millions type spending won’t stop the fans kicking off.

The short notice maybe makes it look as if it's been thrown together in a hurry, but apart from that I'm not sure what's up with the timing.

In the last couple of years the club have had fans forums once the season's underway. They were normally in August / September, but as McKinnon only arrived at the start of September it could probably be argued it was reasonable to let him get bedded in before meeting the fans.

What else do you think's going on?

I was speaking to the manager last week and he said that new players were being brought in as soon as possible (4 trialists there last week, I believe) and a major overhaul would happen again next summer.
If he is telling fans that, I assume the current players are aware of the situation as well. Might explain some of the performances, I guess.

What do you mean “might explain some of the performances”?
The reason we are having to look at bringing in new players is the unacceptable performances put in by the current squad since the very first game of the season.
They are no where near good enough and there is nothing the manager can do with them that will change that.

The short notice maybe makes it look as if it's been thrown together in a hurry, but apart from that I'm not sure what's up with the timing.
In the last couple of years the club have had fans forums once the season's underway. They were normally in August / September, but as McKinnon only arrived at the start of September it could probably be argued it was reasonable to let him get bedded in before meeting the fans.
What else do you think's going on?

No idea. The timing is just bizarre to announce a forum in 3 days time. It doesn’t smack of a club in control of its strategy.