The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Ryan-FFC said:

KK advised me min £400 investment about a month ago.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well that has changed. If you rolled up with £250 it would not be refused I am sure.

And if I wait another month?

15 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

If it's the responsibility of the coaching staff to put winners on the pitch, it's the board's job to put winners in the dugout.

And at the end if the day the fans have the power to ensure we  have winners in the boardroom. If it gets worse withdrawing our support will hasten the end. Ultimately if the board loses the fans they will have to go. Naebody wants a fan revolt but Falkirk fans will vent their frustration to make their position difficult if they don't  (just as deans or fulston discovered) My preferred solution is a dignified end and a  quiet exit for a board who have genuinely tied but fjck-ed up something terrible. If the rumours are true on here  that a consortium is negotiating a buyout then the results on the park will be helping their cause. However I hope for and end to CEO, s and committee management. The club desperately needs strong leadership and some insightful decision making. 

Well that has changed. If you rolled up with £250 it would not be refused I am sure.

You’d think so, it’s additional money for the club. That’s something I asked Lang about was reducing the min buy in to make it more attractive/accessible for fans and beneficial for the club. Like everyone else still waiting on an answer back

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/10/30/falkirk-board-release-substantial-new-funds-for-manager/

Can I suggest you don't blow your wad on the most handsome players you can find this time, and focus on footballing ability?

Thursday night should be interesting. Campbell and Lang raising their heads above the parapet. Do they know what will hit them?

Edited by Shodwall cat

Get in there early and there could be a Stefan Scougall in your future. He's played 7 minutes of league football for us this season and I reckon there's a very good chance he'll be out the door with us in January.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Get in there early and there could be a Stefan Scougall in your future. He's played 7 minutes of league football for us this season and I reckon there's a very good chance he'll be out the door with us in January.

Has he completely fallen out of favour?  I seem to remember him being a more than decent player for Livingston back in the day, and would have thought there'd have been a bit more interest in him were St Johnstone to let him go (i.e County, Partick and Dundee United).  Has he just lost his mojo?  

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Seems a really good idea to publicise this ahead of any negotiations with potential free agents imo. 

My first thought too, totally bonkers. Just like the Q&A it's an exercise in covering their own backs.

Edited by ilostmyself

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Has he completely fallen out of favour?  I seem to remember him being a more than decent player for Livingston back in the day, and would have thought there'd have been a bit more interest in him were St Johnstone to let him go (i.e County, Partick and Dundee United).  Has he just lost his mojo?  

Completely dropped off the radar. He came off the bench on the opening day of the league season against Kilmarnock for the last few minutes and again in the league cup against Queen of the South in mid August (in extra time) but until Saturday (when we had a few players out injured/suspended) he hadn't even made a match day squad since the 1st of September. His Saints career looks finished but he's undoubtedly a talented player. I don't think he's been that bad for us but he's certainly not hit the heights that we hoped he would.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Completely dropped off the radar. He came off the bench on the opening day of the league season against Kilmarnock for the last few minutes and again in the league cup against Queen of the South in mid August (in extra time) but until Saturday (when we had a few players out injured/suspended) he hadn't even made a match day squad since the 1st of September. His Saints career looks finished but he's undoubtedly a talented player. I don't think he's been that bad for us but he's certainly not hit the heights that we hoped he would.

Sheff Utd seem to have a proven track record of destroying young scottish players careers.