The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Of course, no one knows what'll happen in January. It's possible that an Aberdeen / Hibs / Rotherham type club could come in with a bid which doubles his wages and then he'd be off. 

That's what I was alluding to. It'll be a similar situation to Hippolyte leaving last January IMO. Except it won't necessarily need to be a club as big as Hibs or Aberdeen.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 hours ago, sick boy said:

I believe he has started every game and scored a few goals

I go to the odd City game as one of my mates is a season ticket holder and it is not far from where I live.  I think Sheps has only scored 3  in the league this season and another 4 or so in the cups.  To be honest he looked half decent for that level last season but has been pretty rotten every time I have seen him this season and seems to miss a sitter per game.  He doesnt really stand out in League 2 and if City get promoted I think League One will be as far as he goes in his career.  Balatoni has looked much better than Shepherd and sticks out like a sore thumb in League 2 - I would take him in our team at the moment tbh.  The big lad Henderson up front is powerful and a good finisher but reminds me a bit of Deuchar/White - not sure he could cut it in Championship and we probably cant gamble on players like that to get us out of the mess we are in.  

33 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

That's what I was alluding to. It'll be a similar situation to Hippolyte leaving last January IMO. Except it won't necessarily need to be a club as big as Hibs or Aberdeen.

Hippolyte wasn't anywhere near as important to the team though. So you think that we would let Robson go to a St Mirren sized club for what would be peanuts?

41 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Crawford Baptie say, when in a hole - stop digging.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hippolyte wasn't anywhere near as important to the team though. So you think that we would let Robson go to a St Mirren sized club for what would be peanuts?

100% we would. Soon see though.

Edited by EdiBairn

On 19/06/2018 at 14:02, Marshmallo said:

That's a massive coup, brilliant news. 

On 19/06/2018 at 14:04, Bairnardo said:

He is going to absolutely pish all over this league isnt he

On 19/06/2018 at 14:04, Senor Bairn said:

That is a top notch signing.

Wee Tuesday night quiz - which superstar were these three creaming themselves over back in June?

No cheating now.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wee Tuesday night quiz - which superstar were these three creaming themselves over back in June?

No cheating now.

I guess Sammut? 15k a week a Chelsea apparently and he genuinely can't kick a football with his left foot. Some signing.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Straight out the gate! 

Poor Grant was also trying to explain these signings might end up being duds but you lot wouldn't listen :(

I think most of us were realistic to know it was a hit or miss policy but the fact the majority were an unknown quantity was the one that could have surprised everyone in this case they were right they did surprise us, but it was how shite they were.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am utterly ashamed of myself for behaving like a football fan.

Eta.... Hows Faissal getting on?

Of course and like a rival football fan I will take the opportunity to mock.

He's actually played ok for the most part but hasn't happened for him in front of goals. One of our better performers this season and could do with a regular partner that could hold the ball up for him and take away defenders. Moffat did that very well in League One when Faiss was getting double or treble marked at times.