The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

McKinnon is saying the right things that's for sure. If he can add Telfer then the negative crap from last season looks on its way out. 

Fingers crossed I'm going to look a right numpty for wanting him sacked!

Pressures on him this year as lets face it anything other than champions is not good enough and should be the bare minimum.

As much as Charlie Telfer wid be no bad and that Tidser and Buchanan are gid signings, I dunno how I feel about becoming Morton 2.0 / Ray McKinnon History XI.

The boi actual loves an auld pals act.

There were Dixon, Edge & MacLean from last season. He also tried to sign Scott McDonald who he signed for Dundee United.

We called Houstie lazy. But this is some next level stuff.

I feel that McKinnon will get away with it because of the budget we have to attract these players from the league above and because, with the above, we should blow League 1 away.

If we were in the Championship, tho I would be worried.

18 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

As much as Charlie Telfer wid be no bad and that Tidser and Buchanan are gid signings, I dunno how I feel about becoming Morton 2.0 / Ray McKinnon History XI.

The boi actual loves an auld pals act.

There were Dixon, Edge & MacLean from last season. He also tried to sign Scott McDonald who he signed for Dundee United.

We called Houstie lazy. But this is some next level stuff.

I feel that McKinnon will get away with it because of the budget we have to attract these players from the league above and because, with the above, we should blow League 1 away.

If we were in the Championship, tho I would be worried.

Worked fine for Jobby McCall.

33 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

McKinnon is saying the right things that's for sure. If he can add Telfer then the negative crap from last season looks on its way out. 

Fingers crossed I'm going to look a right numpty for wanting him sacked!

You seem to forget that McKinnon has a facility for saying what he thinks suits his case rather than being open and honest.

51 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

All you'll need now is to prize Michael Moffat away from Ayr and you'll have completed the grand trio of Dunfermline signings summer 2014.

7th place finish incoming.

You had the cheek to call Wedderburn a football player earlier on the Airdrie forum, instantly disregarding anything you say.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

I disagree, to get those types of players on board in the first place must show that there has at least been a promise of a decent squad to make sure we win this league. On a side note I've heard from a friend that we have apparently signed Andy Stirling, absolutely no idea how true it is but he seems pretty confident. Would imagine he could do a job at league 1 level.

If what McKinnon is saying is true that he's only trying to bring quality players in for this season and next then the likes of Andy Stirling don't  tick any boxes. 

Great to see the quality of signings Ray is bringing in so far. Real statement of intent for the fans and other teams in the league. Hopefully we can get the ownership issues resolved ASAP and season ticket sales will start to pick up. Certainly be interesting to see how many of the boycotters ever intended to buy one in the first place.

Telfer was like a man down until the last four or five games of the season. Really small, weak and slow which meant he couldn't impose his obvious ability on games as the game passed him by. He really stepped up in the final few games and was a big part of our improved form but up until then he would have been one of the first I'd released at the end of the season.

If he can cope with the hammer throwers in league one then he should be fine in a team that will have the majority of possession. If Tidser is a 10 and Buchanan was a 1 then Telfer is a 5. Would have been fine with us keeping him but more than happy he's away, especially as he wouldn't fit in to Hopkins pressing style.

9 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Telfer was like a man down until the last four or five games of the season. Really small, weak and slow which meant he couldn't impose his obvious ability on games as the game passed him by. He really stepped up in the final few games and was a big part of our improved form but up until then he would have been one of the first I'd released at the end of the season.

If he can cope with the hammer throwers in league one then he should be fine in a team that will have the majority of possession. If Tidser is a 10 and Buchanan was a 1 then Telfer is a 5. Would have been fine with us keeping him but more than happy he's away, especially as he wouldn't fit in to Hopkins pressing style.

Robbie Muihread -10

What is Kalvin Orsi on your scale? Right into the minus?
Well, seeing as most of us don't have a clue who he is, then no, a minus at this stage would be harsh and overly judgemental for a young player.

We have seen Buchanan the finger pointing bombscare in the flesh on far too many occasions therefore his 1 is justified but generous.

Orsi can have his 2 and build from there.

No, I didn't miss it. Sputnik's subsequent post answered you. 
If all the foreign stuff goes pear-shaped it would put the fans in a far stronger negotiating position. I'm still hoping that's what we end up with. 

Only my opinion but they won’t sell the club to the fans or it would have been done by now. Of the other deals Scott Davidson has gone, the Indians is unicorn stuff and the Campbell bid doesn’t do much for me with all the feeder club stuff floating about.

So, again my opinion, the only chance of change now is Campbell and most are concerned about the motives.

The MSG and BOD have a duty to work on behalf of all shareholders not just 62% of the shareholding and they are not doing what they were instructed to do at the AGM.

They have not done that so they will at some point have to justify their actions if they don’t sell.

You had the cheek to call Wedderburn a football player earlier on the Airdrie forum, instantly disregarding anything you say.
Struggling to keep up the now and when I seen this first I shat it that we had signed that useless lump
Great to see the quality of signings Ray is bringing in so far. Real statement of intent for the fans and other teams in the league. Hopefully we can get the ownership issues resolved ASAP and season ticket sales will start to pick up. Certainly be interesting to see how many of the boycotters ever intended to buy one in the first place.
You dont go to games, you fucking shitehouse

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Struggling to keep up the now and when I seen this first I shat it that we had signed that useless lump You dont go to games, you fucking shitehouse

That's not fair, Sheps does go to games.

Then sits on the bench or in the stand.

3 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I'm aff to the London School eh Barbering in July, Sicko so I'll be missing them :\ I trust ye'll keep me posted tho. In return I'll dye that blonde barnet for ye x

Good fun to be had in the big smoke. Might even be some games you can get to depending the area? 

Seems like a stupid comment to make & an unnecessary one. I can tell you now, that each of the 14 not purchased yet in our group will be buying as soon as that lot are gone.

Seems like a stupid comment to make & an unnecessary one. I can tell you now, that each of the 14 not purchased yet in our group will be buying as soon as that lot are gone.

There is a similar number of us who won’t purchase until they go too

There will be some who do but who won’t admit it like they won’t admit to voting Tory