The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

With greatest respect but you talk some utter shite

Appreciate that...but which part? P&B is a small cross-section of the fans. Are there enough of the main group of FFC fans that will actually take enough action to make the MSG act? I mean, will the MSG be willing (and under what circumstances) to can Ray if MC is out of the picture.

Still stand by what I've said that even if we win the league, McKinnon should not have his contract renewed. Get a proper manager in for going back up. Without meaning to sound arrogant, Mickey Mouse could get us into the top 2 or 3 this season with the budget we have, and winning the league shouldn't cover the fact that McKInnon isn't the man for the job long-term.

I honestly believe he would have been punted after relegation had he not a) cost so much money to get in the first place, and b) been too expensive to sack anyway.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:
10 hours ago, TxRover said:
Good luck, it looks more and more likely that ship has sailed. The big question is, when the MSG announces that MC has pulled out, what will the majority of the fans do? We know the disgruntled fans here are the vocal minority, but how many Ray haters are in the silent majority of the fans? If there are enough, he might get canned, but otherwise, he’s in line for at least top four (for now), and that might be enough for the vast majority of fans, sadly enough.

Once the south stand start the Ray GTF chant I'd imagine his days are number as Hartley was binned almost immediately after the first chant

We were clearly very poor and heading for league 1 at that point.

Signings were terrible and we were getting bossed every game.

Although I could argue Ray is shitting it from P/T nobodies he's got us near the top (could be top Saturday) and has signed players more than capable of doing the task.

For the record I'm no fan of Ray. The last manager we appointed who was my choice was Houstie. But if we go top Saturday then as far as I'm concerned sacking him is ridiculous as how do you expect the new guy to improve on top?

Let Ray see out the last 7 months of his deal then sack him without pay off.

We will need a new manager to win the Championship as Ray is most definitely not that man.

If we show signs of going nowhere fast them I'm all for sacking him.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Still stand by what I've said that even if we win the league, McKinnon should not have his contract renewed. Get a proper manager in for going back up. Without meaning to sound arrogant, Mickey Mouse could get us into the top 2 or 3 this season with the budget we have, and winning the league shouldn't cover the fact that McKInnon isn't the man for the job long-term.

I honestly believe he would have been punted after relegation had he not a) cost so much money to get in the first place, and b) been too expensive to sack anyway.

I'd much rather have punted him than signed denny johnstone for a year.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I was under the impression DJ was on a short deal???

No signed till the end of the season I'm afraid.🙈🙈

Falkirk boss Ray McKinnon has confirmed that Denny Johnstone has signed a deal until the end of the season after impressing in pre-season. The former Morton striker, who has been recovering from a knee problem which kept him out for most of last season, had been on a short-term dealuntil August.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Appreciate that...but which part? P&B is a small cross-section of the fans. Are there enough of the main group of FFC fans that will actually take enough action to make the MSG act? I mean, will the MSG be willing (and under what circumstances) to can Ray if MC is out of the picture.

Most fans think he is not up to it. Lose a couple of games and he would be gone no matter who was in charge

Good luck, it looks more and more likely that ship has sailed. The big question is, when the MSG announces that MC has pulled out, what will the majority of the fans do? We know the disgruntled fans here are the vocal minority, but how many Ray haters are in the silent majority of the fans? If there are enough, he might get canned, but otherwise, he’s in line for at least top four (for now), and that might be enough for the vast majority of fans, sadly enough.

No.......you could teach a monkey to get us top 4

2 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Once the south stand start the Ray GTF chant I'd imagine his days are number as Hartley was binned almost immediately after the first chant

And Houston

I do think Ray will more than likely stumble to the title but our away form is shocking added with the East Fife home game showed up his problems in that he hasnt a clue to change things or has the squad to do so which he built. The squad also doesnt look to be as fit as the opposition most weeks, where although the gap between full time and part time isnt as big as it once was, the gap shouldnt be that the P/T team are fitter.

The subs Ray makes are way out there, the Forfar game was crying out for subs as we lost any direction we had but no he sat on till 75 mins and in doing so, we were back on top again, then there was the two striker subs, the most clueless sub approach ever, perhaps fine first time when the game was won but when you are chasing a game it was simply showing someone who hasnt a clue what he is doing.

I cant see the current MSG move Ray on and if they remain in charge next season their usual form is to stick with what we have, a new owner would be our only chance of getting rid

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

P&B may be a small cross-section of the fans but it's the only forum I can stomach - folks on here may disagree with you, which is fine, but there is not the extreme fanatical blind madness of the COYB Facebook page (that I avoid at all costs) and the MC Twitter Circus  (that I cannot avoid due to me being a total rubbernecker). We may be small in number on this forum but we are by far the most reasonable & intelligent debate on all things FFC (apart from me).   

I can't be sure if all of the MSG/BOD  read this forum , I know for a fact one of them does  , but judging by the recent conveyor belt of trolls sent to discredit us I would probably guess all of them do.  

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

P&B may be a small cross-section of the fans but it's the only forum I can stomach - folks on here may disagree with you, which is fine, but there is not the extreme fanatical blind madness of the COYB Facebook page (that I avoid at all costs) and the MC Twitter Circus  (that I cannot avoid due to me being a total rubbernecker). We may be small in number on this forum but we are by far the most reasonable & intelligent debate on all things FFC (apart from me).   

I can't be sure if all of the MSG/BOD  read this forum , I know for a fact one of them does  , but judging by the recent conveyor belt of trolls sent to discredit us I would probably guess all of them do.  

Doesn’t that fact (sending trolls) suggest that the MSG is locked into their path? It seems it’s MC or hell bent to have Ray “win the league“...

l’ll certainly agree that this forum is a much easier go than some others, I’ve seldom been told I’m full of shit more politely.

(Preparing for incoming fire) If you extrapolate results through 10 games (home and away, points per game), FFC is on course for third. This only proves that there are three types of lies....lies, damn lies and statistics. I don’t think everyone will finish the way that a statistical analysis for the season thus far would suggest...but it’s interesting to consider what it suggests, and that is certainly that Ray’s road behavior has been insanely bad for FFC’s season prospects.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye but the new manager would have to have signed someone other than Johnstone so it would still be costing us.

I reckon we'd be better off with having no one than denny johnstone. Moore, leitch maclean and him add virtually zero to the squad apart from bodies to put the cones out.

6 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Same with Eddie May at the Kilmarnock game of IIRC. I was in the gazebo for that game for reasons I can't recall. Was a Tuesday night I think. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Doesn’t that fact (sending trolls) suggest that the MSG is locked into their path? It seems it’s MC or hell bent to have Ray “win the league“...

l’ll certainly agree that this forum is a much easier go than some others, I’ve seldom been told I’m full of shit more politely.

(Preparing for incoming fire) If you extrapolate results through 10 games (home and away, points per game), FFC is on course for third. This only proves that there are three types of lies....lies, damn lies and statistics. I don’t think everyone will finish the way that a statistical analysis for the season thus far would suggest...but it’s interesting to consider what it suggests, and that is certainly that Ray’s road behavior has been insanely bad for FFC’s season prospects.

The next quarter for me is massive in terms of determining whether Ray has the nous to take us up.  23 points should be the minimum target, that should be achievable. The players should now know each others game, they should also be fully aware of the opposition, theres no excuses.  

1 hour ago, champions said:

The next quarter for me is massive in terms of determining whether Ray has the nous to take us up.  23 points should be the minimum target, that should be achievable. The players should now know each others game, they should also be fully aware of the opposition, theres no excuses.  

The heavy pitches and being full time should give us an advantage. But from what has been seen it will be the opposite and become a leveller on the park. If we are top of the league or 3 points behind after the next 1/4 then that is the best we can hope for.

We need as a club to get this ownership business sorted one way or another before we can progress.

32 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The heavy pitches and being full time should give us an advantage. But from what has been seen it will be the opposite and become a leveller on the park. If we are top of the league or 3 points behind after the next 1/4 then that is the best we can hope for.

We need as a club to get this ownership business sorted one way or another before we can progress.

The emboldened sentence does not make one iota of sense.

And as for the ownership being sorted one way or the other... errr no. MC taking over does not sound like the sort of progress I am interested in.