The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem is there's no pace in our midfield. You cant play him miller , connolly and a n other certainly not gomis as there's no pace or legs in the side. He's too slow to play out wide and you can't pair him with miller in the middle so I'm not sure where he fits in.

I don't know how they'll work out, but we have two young players to come into the midfield who we know virtually nothing about. 

Laverty's been at the club for three years and hasn't played a game yet. Leitch does have something about him, as he showed with his finishing against Brechin & Berwick yet he's hardly played either. TBH I was surprised that M&M gave both got contract extensions for this season. 

They might end up surprising us. If nothing else they must have the legs that the likes of Gomis lack. 

34 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Have we not signed something like 50 players in the last couple of seasons.

When the season kicks off it will be almost exactly three years since Paul Hartley arrived. (9th October 2017). 

Since then we've signed 64 players. By the time we recruit this years squad it will likely reach 70. 

16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Desperate for pace and energy across the middle of park, Clyde, Airdrie and RR were ripping us a new arse in majority of games. 

And two of these midfielders are currently out-of-contract at Clyde. We should be looking very closely at both of them.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Last year there was a boycott to force the sale of the club so this is not exactly a surprise

Worked out well when the “not a penny more” people rushed out to buy season tickets when MC rocked up. 

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When the season kicks off it will be almost exactly three years since Paul Hartley arrived. (9th October 2017). 

Since then we've signed 64 players. By the time we recruit this years squad it will likely reach 70. 

Bet you are glad you have a digital camera.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Worked out well when the “not a penny more” people rushed out to buy season tickets when MC rocked up. 

Certain folk all over social media telling others to boycott while they handed over their cash 😂

Similar to the Falkirk TV commentators saying to boycott away games next season while they'll be at every single one

16 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Season tickets flying off the shelf and we haven’t even announced Dowds yet. Shadwell must be raging...

Will be interesting to know how many are the cheap price. Not surprised they've sold a few more if the majority are 170 quid.

Based on he scored a good few for Annan and done well enough in the Championship. 
It must be draining being so negative on here, don't know why some of you bother!

Jesus, if you don’t have doh eyes for BSLM and his merry band you are just negative are you?

I hope Todd does well, I just have not seen much in the 5 or 6 games he played to give me confidence he will be a big hit with us.