The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

I’ll be amazed if we start next season with anyone other than the current manager in place, irrespective of how this one ends

Personally I become a little bit less convinced by him with each passing week. I give us little chance in the play-offs and, given the form ICT are in at the moment, none whatsoever in the s/f. McGlynn looks clueless at the moment. 

Let’s keep him…

tactically inept.

won pretty much nothing 

and signs rapists (allegedly)

happy days ahead

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We can't but McGlynn's well past his honeymoon period now. And to be quite honest is doing a great job of bringing the heat on himself. There's no doubt he's a competent manager compared to the other incumbents of recent seasons but by f**k he's doing his utmost at making it another clusterfuck of a season.

Now you’re seeing the problems we faced with McGlynn last season when the going gets tough or he’s been found out and predictable to play against he either reverts to type or hasn’t got a clue how to change it ands it not a 1 or 2 game blip this could go on through the playoffs as well 

This shouldn't be complicated. Pick your best 11, play them in their best positions. Secure second place. Tell players if they perform and we win they will start at Hampden and in the play offs. 

IMO mcglynn has totally underestimated Edinburgh and overestimated our squad tonight. As one such example why play Williamson out of the blue after months out? Surely start with Rowe if we are winning with 20-30 to go bring on Williamson. I could go on.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

Talk of sacking him before the playoffs and semi is wild in my opinion but he is bringing all this heat on himself and has no one else to blame. His stubbornness with the one man up top has shown that he’s either not keen on changing things around or he doesn’t have the tactical nouse to do it. Time and again this season our team has been sussed by managers with a lot less experience than McGlynn.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This shouldn't be complicated. Pick your best 11, play them in their best positions. Secure second place. Tell players if they perform and we win they will start at Hampden and in the play offs. 

McGlynn can’t do that so let’s take a punt on someone who can.

win the semi and our finances are in a good place for next season.

win the playoffs and it’s a game changer 

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Gave McGlynn plenty of praise when it’s been justified but tonight is solely on him. What an absolutely embarrassing performance. We’re going to get scudded at Hampden at this rate, our defence and keeper couldn’t keep hens out a close. Went two up top and got a draw and a win and were creating a good few chances. Low and behold we’re back to a lone striker and bam. Couldn’t create a chance if we were in a brothel with a twenty pound note attached to our knob. Get it sorted McGlynn.

I’ve given some praise to McGlynn but certainly also raised concerns that were justified. Tonight’s result wasn’t a one off. As much as we’ve been poor, Edinburgh have been on a terrible run of form so losing tonight makes it all the worse. 

I honestly haven’t seen what McGlynn brings. He allows individuals to flourish but it feels like that’s all it relies on. Was similar to M&M. If Morrison had a bad game then unlikely we’d win. I see no defensive shape or structure to us and we don’t look like we know how to control a game. If by some stroke of luck we got up under McGlynn then I’d still have some thoughts about changing like Queens Park did with McKinnon. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Talk of sacking him before the playoffs and semi is wild in my opinion but he is bringing all this heat on himself and has no one else to blame. His stubbornness with the one man up top has shown that he’s either not keen on changing things around or he doesn’t have the tactical nouse to do it. Time and again this season our team has been sussed by managers with a lot less experience than McGlynn.

Less experience or a better grasp of modern football ??

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

His stubbornness with the one man up top has shown that he’s either not keen on changing things around or he doesn’t have the tactical nouse to do it. Time

The latter and any rovers fan can vouch for that, when it’s good he can get teams producing great football but as soon as It gets tough it’s sluggish, horrible and he makes baffling decisions in game 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

The latter and any rovers fan can vouch for that, when it’s good he can get teams producing great football but as soon as It gets tough it’s sluggish, horrible and he makes baffling decisions in game 

The man is a dinosaur. Goodwillie !?!?

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

To be fair he is doing exactly what the Rovers fans said he would do.

He's going to get tactically destroyed by Billy Dodds at Hampden FFS 😆