The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ll repeat last night. I’d keep him for next season and then get rid no matter what next season. We’re never going to do it via play-offs so, in a weaker league potentially, take care of the dross (bottom 2), grind it out against another 5-6 teams (allowing for one bogey team) and not be outpointed by any challengers and go up as champions in a slogging it out kind of way. Simple 😉

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’ll repeat last night. I’d keep him for next season and then get rid no matter what next season. We’re never going to do it via play-offs so, in a weaker league potentially, take care of the dross (bottom 2), grind it out against another 5-6 teams (allowing for one bogey team) and not be outpointed by any challengers and go up as champions in a slogging it out kind of way. Simple 😉

Masochist GIFs | Tenor

10 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Have you not seen the picture earlier? Red card was deserved.

Yeah complete accident. When you watch the highlights at full speed the goalie is diving full length to punch the ball  and Allen has no idea he's there. He goes for the ball and kicks the goalies arm it would appear from that still pic. Not sure why the goalie is then down on the ground for 10 mins holding his head.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think we'll stick with mcglynn for one more season whether the fans like it or not. The bod want to get out of the constant of sacking managers every season and bringing in whole new squads of players. They will cite that there has undoubtedly been progress this season and that promotion in two years was the basis behind his two year deal.  I can see the logic in it but I can also see why fans would want change again after a performance like last night.  I think the bod will stick though. I presume you guys will be the same if you don't go up McCabe will be kept on for another punt.

McCabe and Calamity John are hardly comparable though. If the BoD stick with McGlynn, it will be the single biggest mistake of their tenure by a country mile.

I won’t March up and down with a placard, I won’t demonstrate outside the stand. I will simply accept that is the way they want to go, but I will not be a part of that.
They have my ST money, my FSS money, Obviously, those are done deals for next season. Beyond that, who knows.

I have had my fill of the man, and for the BoD to support him next season as they have this………oh wow.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think we'll stick with mcglynn for one more season whether the fans like it or not. The bod want to get out of the constant of sacking managers every season and bringing in whole new squads of players. They will cite that there has undoubtedly been progress this season and that promotion in two years was the basis behind his two year deal.  I can see the logic in it but I can also see why fans would want change again after a performance like last night.  I think the bod will stick though. I presume you guys will be the same if you don't go up McCabe will be kept on for another punt.

If you don’t sack him now you’ll probably just have to sack him in November by which time you’ll have chucked away another league title. Yesterday’s man.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah complete accident. When you watch the highlights at full speed the goalie is diving full length to punch the ball  and Allen has no idea he's there. He goes for the ball and kicks the goalies arm it would appear from that still pic. Not sure why the goalie is then down on the ground for 10 mins holding his head.

Accident or not, his foot was high. It's clear cut, so not sure why you're clutching at straws here. Even some of your own fans agree. 

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where did I say free reign? He has a budget and will have to work within that. If he signs someone for two years that will reduce what he has to spend that year and the year after. If it is within his budget there is no need to be interfering IMO. 
Any board interference in the selection of players gives the manager an excuse. I wasn’t allowed to sign him blah blah blah

And this ladies and gentlemen is exactly why football club's get into financial messes.

Honestly, you're absolutely deluded.

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where did I say free reign? He has a budget and will have to work within that. If he signs someone for two years that will reduce what he has to spend that year and the year after. If it is within his budget there is no need to be interfering IMO. 
Any board interference in the selection of players gives the manager an excuse. I wasn’t allowed to sign him blah blah blah

……but there is no interference on selection of players. There has to be control over salary/duration of contract.

Christ, have at least cognisance of what is coming out of Kirkcaldy wrt McGlynn’s contracts for players that are only now coming to light. He doesn’t have a budget beyond next season, so the BoD surely have to sign off on duration. McGlynn and free rein to hand out two year contracts……that’s a terrifying prospect.

28 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I don't have any qualms with the penalty or red card for Allan, however I think when Allan was brought down by the last man and Airdrie were given the foul was ridiculous, should've been a red in my opinion.

On first watch of the highlights I thought the same. On the replay I wasn't so sure, looked like they were both at it.

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

It is amusing that airdrie fans (and almost every other teams fans) have been sayijg for most of the season that Airdrie are as good as anyone in the league yet falkirk fans still thought they just needed to show up. I am under no doubts that the tie is definitely not over but that was a bit of a pumping tonight. Great advert for Scottish football and the play offs though

I never thought that, knew Airdrie were a decent team and difficult to beat.   (Still waiting for Falkirk to show up from last night ..)

Edited by Onthegoalline1876
missed out a letter in word !

38 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The phrase Falkirk bingo is not catching on bud. No matter how hard you plug it. Better ditch it.

You're wrong there it's been the subject of multiple references from both Falkirk and non Falkirk fans. Mainly because it's quite funny and undeniably true. 😁

ETA- plus you personally seem to bite every single time it's used, so that alone makes it worth it 

Edited by cb_diamond

If we do get rid or in the unlikely of McGlynn ditching MvGlynnball, I want tippy-tappy to go. Long diagonal balls or balls into channels would be the order of the day in this league and where necesssary, knocking about round the back only to take the sting out a game/take a breather. In other words, Nesbitt as a sub only.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……but there is no interference on selection of players. There has to be control over salary/duration of contract.

Christ, have at least cognisance of what is coming out of Kirkcaldy wrt McGlynn’s contracts for players that are only now coming to light. He doesn’t have a budget beyond next season, so the BoD surely have to sign off on duration. McGlynn and free rein to hand out two year contracts……that’s a terrifying prospect.

I am well aware you know the Board and what type of people they are. Do you really think they would allow McGlynn to actually spend more than his budget without consultation? I am pretty sure, like you will be knowing the characters that a general playing budget, what is required, length of contracts etc etc will have gone on.  Let’s not forget Nesbitt resigned 6/8 weeks ago? 

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And this ladies and gentlemen is exactly why football club's get into financial messes.

Honestly, you're absolutely deluded.

No I am not. 

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think we'll stick with mcglynn for one more season whether the fans like it or not. I presume you guys will be the same if you don't go up McCabe will be kept on for another punt.

IMO this year's play off is a free hit for McCabe. He was a radical choice of manager but his decision to take the job helped us retain the core quality of last season's team. We only really lost Dylan Easton and we've recruited not bad with Cammy Ballantyne & Josh Rae coming in. Threadbare player-wise at the start of the season but looking back, can see that McCabe was looking for quality rather than filling bums on the bench. It's also been pleasing to see how much he has improved players like Cal Gallagher who's had the season of his life and big ATS who has done a great job for us. Our academy boys are showing a lot of promise too. It's all positive for us at the moment but the only downside on the horizon is that if we don't go up, we face the real prospect of loosing key players like Frizz. The only failure for me this season has been signing Telfer. You can't win them all!

12 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

If we do get rid or in the unlikely of McGlynn ditching MvGlynnball, I want tippy-tappy to go. Long diagonal balls or balls into channels would be the order of the day in this league and where necesssary, knocking about round the back only to take the sting out a game/take a breather. In other words, Nesbitt as a sub only.

We can do neither very well. 

I watched tippy-tappy between the back four and  diagonals used to no real effect last night as we didn't have players willing to attack or move at pace as a unit. 

Burrell being so detached from Oliver, Nesbitt, McGinn and Henderson when we launched it just gives the opposition room to play off 2nd balls when it doesn't stick. 

Airdrie attacks consisted of 3-4 passes to get to the edge of our box, at most and no real width.

They just knew what they wanted to do and had a work-rate to match which I can't say we do. We have a collection of individuals and two "wingers" who can't cross. 

Edited by Blame Me