The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

If he was out of contract he'd be away. I've no doubt someone in the championship probably would take a punt on him . The fact we would be wanting I reckon circa 100k for him (I'm not saying he's worth that by the way) if someone wants him the now will mean he won't be going anywhere.

I would be ecstatic if a club paid £100k for him just now. I know it’s all about opinions but I honestly don’t think he would be that great in the championship. I could see him being a squad player at best.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would be ecstatic if a club paid £100k for him just now. I know it’s all about opinions but I honestly don’t think he would be that great in the championship. I could see him being a squad player at best.

Nobody will pay £100k for him however he’s an important player for us imvho. He’s more important now given that Kennedy is away and Oliver is staying.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nobody will pay £100k for him however he’s an important player for us imvho. He’s more important now given that Kennedy is away and Oliver is staying.

I get what you are saying GB and I agree now Kai has gone he will be important for us. I know it was never an option but out of the two if I had been given a choice I would have preferred to keep Kai. I  can’t put my finger on exactly what it is and I have never met the guy but I just can’t take to him. He has something about him that pisses me off, it may be the fact that I sometimes get the feeling that he can’t be arsed and that there is clearly a player in there as at times he can be excellent. As I say though that’s probably why he’s still with us.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I heard he’s headed down south so maybe fee might be reasonable given buying power of clubs even at in National League level  

I think with Morrison he depends so much on confidence, if he misses a decent chance I wouldn't fancy him to get the next one, or he just goes awol (cup semi perfect example of this).  His form comes in short bursts.

Plus more often than not he gets stifled out of games as teams double up on him constantly.

Plus typically last season, especially later stages, our build up play was so slow it doesn't suit him.

Edited by MulsonFFC

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I can't disagree although he did somehow play 35 times for hearts in the premiership one season so he has played at a higher level. As I said I think if he was out of contract he'd get picked up by a champ side but I don't see anyone paying for him.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Donaldson, McCann, Henderson, Lawal, Morrison and Ageymang would strengthen every other team in our league.

McGinn is a top footballer although his legs are going. I’m not a massive Nesbitt fan but he got in the team of the year, Jordan Allan got double figures playing in a gang…

We aren’t brilliant but we have a much better starting point than this time last year. 5 good signings and there is no reason why we don’t win the league. The quality of the signings is crucial. 

Guest Ecosse83
35 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope, I’m saying that I think League One is his level and if he was better he wouldn’t be at Falkirk.

He has ability but is inconsistent with it, if he was more consistent he would be Championship level. I do get where you are coming from but take him out the team and you would see a big difference IMO. 

45 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst we still need to sign a bit more quality this summer there's no doubt this fourteen would scud last years fourteen 10-0.

A bit? Try a lot more lot quality. A hell of a lot more.

And I'm not just talking purely about ability. Attitude, work rate, fight, not completely and utterly shiteing yourself in every big game you play. That is going to need to be present - and in abundance - in whoever comes through the door over the next few weeks, given we know how completely absent all of these things are in those still hanging around from last season. 

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

I think we’re desperately going to miss Kai Kennedy, he was the only player capable of creating chances and beating players. He scored a few as well. This team so far looks as bad as last season so don’t expect much. 

These takes are absolutely fucking wild. How can you have any expectations whatsoever until you have some idea of who is coming in?

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Oh well another season of watching Oliver’s wayward shots during the warm ups 😂

I watched him absolutely thundercunt a genuinely really impressive shot into the top bag during a warm up at home last season. It was so notable that I'm recallling it to you now. I was genuinely struck dumb at the time thinking "where the f**k is that during the 90"

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

The general consensus is that the squad is guff yet we have folk wanting rid of Morrison. 

Who do folk think we’re going to get in like?

Still have no idea where "get rid of Morrison" comes from. Maybe accept cash if offered, but folk actively wanting rid is very odd. 

11 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Not sure if he's past it but for some experience at right back someone like David Wotherspoon might be an option.  33 now though but surely do a job at this level.

He’s not past it and there’s no way he’s dropping to league 1. He’s also not a right back. 

Edited by Rugster