The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

It was indeed. As you know full well. 🙄

No recognition to slating club volunteers without making yourself known? 

Mcguffie will score 2/3 worldies that’ll make the SPFL twitter but will overall be a hindrance to a team looking to get out of L1 imo.

Any rumours/knowledge on pre season games? Would even take a 4 day tour of north England at this stage. 

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

The Morton fans described him pretty well before we signed him, good for the occasional screamer out of nowhere but if he's starting every week you'll get tired of him pretty quick.

That's what the missus says about me. 😋😉

Edited by Bairn in Exile

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The club should have sold these with a mystery prize to be revealed once all were sold, or at whatever suitable time.

50 get heehaw

25 have a voucher for a free pie associated with them.

15 a £10 shop voucher.

5 a free ticket

3 a free hospo meal

1 a free strip

1 a mystery prize - sitting in the dugout at a match or something. I'm frankly rambling now but you get the idea.

When we had our first plastic pitch we had "Sammy's Golden Squares" and each home game there was a raffle and the 'owner' of the square got £100 or something. Think there may have been minor prizes too.

Spencer will walk it in League One, he's too good for this level. This would be both a fantastic signing for Falkirk and also a poor reflection on Spencer. 

A very good player for us, although it seemed to reach a natural end point. He was absolutely dreadful the last few months of last season, so I'd just assumed he had his move already lined up and had downed tools. Either way, it just felt like he wouldn't be here next season. 

I know this makes me sound like one of those fucking Stockport County fans who sees their striker sign for a Scottish side and starts giving it "He'll get 30 goals in that farmer's league", but Brad Spencer could easily be the most technically accomplished player in League One next season. 

That's not to say he'll be an absolute standout every week or that his game doesn't have its weaknesses, but if you want a midfielder who'll drop back to pick the ball up from the defence, shift the ball up the park, make himself available for a pass at basically all times and very rarely give the ball away, I don't think you'll see better at this level. 

I was surprised the Rovers didn't do more to keep him, but it looks increasingly like Murray just doesn't see the need for that slow build, possession focus at the base of his midfield. McGlynn absolutely does, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's after Spencer. 

You'll still need someone alongside him doing the tackling and the hard yards (although he's far from a luxury player) and you'll need decent bodies ahead of him to create and finish chances, but he's a proper cornerstone for a working midfield. 

If he's staying in Scotland, and that didn't always seem like the most likely scenario, I'm surprised another Championship club hasn't picked him up. 

I'd be surprised if only because Spencer has always come across as someone looking for the next step up. I think that's why he always took the one year, plus option for another type deals with us and always left it late to sign back on - trying to see if he could get a move up.

He had the option of another year with us and actively turned it down. Could be that Falkirk are offering more money but would be surprised if he couldn't at least get another 2nd tier gig.

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

You'll still need someone alongside him doing the tackling and the hard yards (although he's far from a luxury player) and you'll need decent bodies ahead of him to create and finish chances, but he's a proper cornerstone for a working midfield. 

If he's staying in Scotland, and that didn't always seem like the most likely scenario, I'm surprised another Championship club hasn't picked him up. 

We need that more than Spencer by the sounds of your description of him.

McGinn can do the job that Spencer does but again, McGinn couldn't do it week in week out, especially without the person in bold.

Would be slightly concerned if the plan is to play both together in front of a back four.

Edited by MulsonFFC