The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Potentially attendable friendly away at civil service strollers next Tuesday. 

Feels like last week I was at Airdrie but I am back and ready for more. 

I'm actually looking forward to the coming season, be glad to get started

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 20.46.40.png

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Out of interest, what’s the most prized bit of Falkirk merchandise everyone has? 

Kiearan Duffies top from his first senior game against Aberdeen or FC Vaduz Programme and Ticket Stub (Home game)

Edited by AL-FFC

37 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Kiearan Duffies top from his first senior game against Aberdeen or FC Vaduz Programme and Ticket Stub (Home game)

This is mine. Was part of the TV scaffolding for the camera position in the KM Stand that was a nightmare to remove in time for the renaming. Was gifted to me by the other guys on the CI. Bit random but a good memento. 

Wish I had got down to acquire something of Brockville before it was demolished.

IMG_6254.jpeg

Edited by Van_damage

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I had a plant pot with some of the Brockville penalty spot in it for years but if unfortunately succumbed to..... 

Well me not knowing where it was anymore. I'm sure it lives though. 

Would hope the club kept a hold of the penalty spots when the pitch was removed. Not much use to us in the past couple of seasons but a lot of history you can instantly identify with who scored from that spot and when. Would raise a lot of money I’m sure.

Having the actual turf from Brockville is cool though. Great sentimental value in that, just to know you had that bit of turf. 

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

Would hope the club kept a hold of the penalty spots when the pitch was removed. Not much use to us in the past couple of seasons but a lot of history you can instantly identify with who scored from that spot and when. Would raise a lot of money I’m sure.

Having the actual turf from Brockville is cool though. Great sentimental value in that, just to know you had that bit of turf. 

I mean, like many others at that game, I wasn't strictly meant to take what I had. It was the full spot or anything, it was just what I could rip out with my bare hands. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Out of interest, what’s the most prized bit of Falkirk merchandise everyone has? 

I've got the 1997 Falkirk Cup final teams autographs on an AT May's pamphlet who co incidentally were sponsors of Kilmarnock.

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Depends if they have thrown a bit cash at him for a year he also probably doesn't know Scottish football all that well and maybe thinks Cove have a great chance of going straight back up. It might have been a bit interesting to see where Nesbitt rocked up if McGlynn hadn't gave him a new deal I can't imagine there will have been a queue for his services either, or Oliver for that matter. 

I'm sure his agent will know all about Scottish football and have advised him accordingly. I doubt a one year deal at cove was the most preferred option  more likely the only one.

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I’ve bored people with these before but the Match worn shirts from 90/91. Super Sam’s #7 Home & #12 Away. 

IMG_6336.thumb.jpeg.653848427634e5b42c36f9b7140ece4d.jpeg

And 2 x Seats from Brockville (refurbished recently) that my Dad & I had STs for the last season in 02/03. I was usually on the terrace but he wanted to go back to matches for the last year at Brockville so got them at the auction. The Hope Street sign is a real street sign from the company who make them for councils. Sadly not the original which is in wee Lewis’s gaff. 

IMG_2130.thumb.jpeg.3908f5f614e59e2b6afef91d5ae41aa7.jpeg

57 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I have the player of the month silver salver from the 2011-12 season. Won by Farid, McGovern, Mark Millar among others.

You told me the Polis made you give it back.

17 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ve bored people with these before but the Match worn shirts from 90/91. Super Sam’s #7 Home & #12 Away. 

IMG_6336.thumb.jpeg.653848427634e5b42c36f9b7140ece4d.jpeg

And 2 x Seats from Brockville (refurbished recently) that my Dad & I had STs for the last season in 02/03. I was usually on the terrace but he wanted to go back to matches for the last year at Brockville so got them at the auction. The Hope Street sign is a real street sign from the company who make them for councils. Sadly not the original which is in wee Lewis’s gaff. 

IMG_2130.thumb.jpeg.3908f5f614e59e2b6afef91d5ae41aa7.jpeg

Bracing myself for Lewis wading into this……if he does, we are going to need a bigger boat…l