The Falkirk FC Thread

I used to have Merchant’s boots from the ‘57 Cup Final, but now, all I have is the rosette from 57, bits of the Hope Street wall, and the match ball from Sammy’s hat trick versus Hearts.

The thing I cherish the most are two pieces of clay drainage pipe from Brockville, because as an 9ish year old, my Dad skipped school with a pal to lay the drainpipe when the Main Stand was being built. He said him and his pal held every bit of it as it was delivered by horse and cart, and they had to unload every single piece (each piece is about 30cm long).

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You told me the Polis made you give it back.

:thumsup2 I've also got a signed shirt and a few signed match balls.

I also recently got that early 70s photo v Rangers (which shows Geordie Miller and wee Tiger waiting for the crowd to be moved back off the track) blown up onto a canvass and it hangs in my bar. The crowd was huge with kids sitting and climbing over the exit gate. Miller was in the left back position with Tiger in the middle due to Willie Cunningham telling them to switch positions which I remember clearly. 

9 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Out of interest, what’s the most prized bit of Falkirk merchandise everyone has? 

I have every one of the fanzines Ruperts Roar, OneF etc, under protective plastic including the badges, MOJO's etc that were stuck on the front. My FFC programme/tickets/newspaper clippings collection. My scarf I've had for 40 years. Also fond of my photos of me with Crunchie in the crowd (at the 3-0 B&Q cup final win v St Mirren), my kids photos with Will Vaulks, Lee Miller, Houstie, Owen Coyle, Hagi etc. I did have my old Brockville main stand wooden seats (gave them away as so small!) and a Hope Street Turnstyle sign (sold as sat in loft for years!).

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ve bored people with these before but the Match worn shirts from 90/91. Super Sam’s #7 Home & #12 Away. 

IMG_6336.thumb.jpeg.653848427634e5b42c36f9b7140ece4d.jpeg

And 2 x Seats from Brockville (refurbished recently) that my Dad & I had STs for the last season in 02/03. I was usually on the terrace but he wanted to go back to matches for the last year at Brockville so got them at the auction. The Hope Street sign is a real street sign from the company who make them for councils. Sadly not the original which is in wee Lewis’s gaff. 

IMG_2130.thumb.jpeg.3908f5f614e59e2b6afef91d5ae41aa7.jpeg

Even as a Dunfermline fan that is class. Being the old wooden seats makes it all the better. Having crappy plastic seats just wouldn't be the same. 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Even as a Dunfermline fan that is class. Being the old wooden seats makes it all the better. Having crappy plastic seats just wouldn't be the same. 

Yeah, those old stadiums lasted well when you think of it. The seats at most 20-30 year old stadiums now are either replaced already or need replaced. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/Rpgn3Zga3q

season ticket sales seem to be going well, think we’ll end up there or there about to where we were last season numbers wise. 

11 days left of early bird. I’m sure FFC said to us on the podcast that they expected 10% drop off from last years 2300 so anything near 2000 is doing very well but hopefully minimal drop off🤞🏼

New strip arrived in the post earlier today. Ken it's not been listed as a direct influence as opposed to the Beazer Homes kits, but even more so in the flesh, it gives me a little bit of 06/07 vibes - even down to the little red bit on the front of the neck.

image.thumb.png.fb14bbea1c3a2475535c47cf2a948470.png

Stokes, Gow, Latapy, Barr... all a bit much for a Monday afternoon reminisce...

I got an away bench and terracing post from Brockville at the auction, I have never done anything with either as of yet 🤐

Plenty of other memorabilia signed balls tops etc 

I bet someone will have part of their garden done with the artificial pitch that has just been lifted

33 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

New strip arrived in the post earlier today. Ken it's not been listed as a direct influence as opposed to the Beazer Homes kits, but even more so in the flesh, it gives me a little bit of 06/07 vibes - even down to the little red bit on the front of the neck.

Funny as that’s the top it reminded me more of than the Hummel. I’m not quite as in awe of the new one as most but is growing on me. 

46 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Loved that kit and thought the same. Some team in it. All 3 kits that year were great.

Edited by falkirkbairn23