The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would take Rowe back in an instant.

Young lad who has ability should be a no brainier.

There was talk of Rowe and Morrison not getting on and if it came down to a straight choice between the two I would go for Morrison.

However, if they can get their differences sorted out I would have Rowe back in an instant too. He played with passion and really seemed to take to the club and the fans.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would take Rowe back in an instant.

Young lad who has ability should be a no brainier.

Yeah, as people have mentioned his form fell off a cliff however the entire teams did.

He’s a young lad and if coached right he’ll improve.

If QP are in for him though I’d be surprised if we can compete with them financially.

55 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

There was talk of Rowe and Morrison not getting on and if it came down to a straight choice between the two I would go for Morrison.

However, if they can get their differences sorted out I would have Rowe back in an instant too. He played with passion and really seemed to take to the club and the fans.

Two dozen players in the squad, birthday caird pish to imagine they all get on well with each other.

Its the managers job to ensure that any personal niggles don’t impact on the team performance.

I’m sure we have all had work colleagues that we couldn’t stand or thought were a bit of an arsehole.

Just get on and do what you are paid for..

Bit surprised that Rowe is back up here trying to get a club. I thought he'd have got picked up by a lower league English side. Started well with us but then kind of fell away and ended up injured. I'd take him back but also wouldn't be too fussed if he signed elsewhere.

54 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

QP welcome to Rowe.  Wouldn't be happy with him back, we need to start bringing in players who are better than those who failed last time.  

So far Spencer probably the only signing that we can confidently say does that.  

I think we can say Tom Lang is a significant improvement on Brad Mckay tbh

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is he better than Donaldson, Henderson or Watson?  

Henderson and Donaldson don't work together at the back for me. And I wouldn't have taken the risk on Watson. So I'm still comfortable in saying Lang represents improvement of our back line

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is he better than Donaldson, Henderson or Watson?  

I don't think Donaldson is all that either tbh. When he's on his game he's a decent defender for this level. But when he's not he can be an absolute bombscare at times and has a mistake in him like McKay. Watson for me was an ok defender in his day without being spectacular. The fact he's hardly kicked a ball second time around makes it difficult to compare. Henderson is better in midfield imo. 

I don't think Coll Donaldson is anywhere near as prone to individual error as what's made out. I think his shortcomings lie more in not really being a leader with a bit of aggression. It's not that he makes f**k ups himself, it's more that he can be prone to being in a defence where confusion reigns.....

I hope Lang is more leadery, because I think Coll if being the second man would be fantastic at this level. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I think ditching the zonal marking might help a bit aswell. Recall McPake saying last season Falkirk don't mark the back post, what happens Wighton scores with a free header at the back post at the TFS. 

The defence and keeper need to talk to eachother more. You should absolutely be able to hear them from the stands. In our case, very rarely do you hear them talk to eachother. 

Obviously they do, but I'm talking about big shouts. 

21 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think ditching the zonal marking might help a bit aswell. Recall McPake saying last season Falkirk don't mark the back post, what happens Wighton scores with a free header at the back post at the TFS. 

This. The zonal marking at corners has been a disaster. You could argue that the goal you mention turned the season in Dunfermlines favour. It certainly felt like it to me. I always feel we should be going toe to toe against teams in this league and believe in ourselves 

51 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This. The zonal marking at corners has been a disaster. You could argue that the goal you mention turned the season in Dunfermlines favour. It certainly felt like it to me. I always feel we should be going toe to toe against teams in this league and believe in ourselves 

Zonal is fine but you need the suitable players to make it work.

The players we have just don't have the attributes to do it.