The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

We also seem to be disregarding the loan market, and forgetting that might have a big part to play which, whether we like it or not, is where we have the potential to get our best players from. Plenty of time for that. 

Interesting that, as Rankin has said he wants all Hamilton players to be his own and doesn't favour the loan market. Which I kind of get if you know what your getting from your permanent signings. Sadly for us I don't think McGlynn knows his arse from his elbow.

27 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Interesting that, as Rankin has said he wants all Hamilton players to be his own and doesn't favour the loan market. Which I kind of get if you know what your getting from your permanent signings. Sadly for us I don't think McGlynn knows his arse from his elbow.

I'd say McGlynn did most of his best work last season, recruitment-wise, in the loan market. Kennedy, Max, I'd probably include Alegria in that, a signing I hated at the time but a player I would take back in an instant. Maybe he can repeat that. He might have to.

It's not even July. Does anyone seriously believe that we are not going to make any further additions over the next few weeks? Because, if so, well I'm not sure how that fits in with the "nothing less than promotion" narrative that the club has been pedalling. I'll give McGlynn the benefit of the doubt that he is well aware that the current squad is not good enough and knows exactly what still needs to be done. For all the focus on RB, the glaring lack of any mobility, strength, ability to put in a challenge in midfield every now and then simply has to be rectified. Without that, we are going absolutely nowhere. Our midfield options as they stand will simply not cut it.

58 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Think a big reason for Rankin staying away from the loan market with us was because we had a lot of loans last year from big clubs like Newcastle and Fulham who you could tell couldn't care less only Dylan McGowan and Connor Smith who is a real talent btw looked interested.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Have you read something I haven’t? If you are being factual and not just speculating would you care to share where you’ve seen this as it contradicts what we were told regarding squad size, the last communication the club gave regarding this season was a squad of 22 senior players supplemented by 6 apprentices with the overall playing budget expected to be broadly similar to that of last season give or take a bit pending season ticket sales and FSS membership. 

He hasn’t. He’s read a post by BPM and decided there’ll be no new recruits from now til the league beginning in earnest. Utter shite and frequency of these posts really turning me off this forum. 

5 hours ago, AGPar said:

I'd say McGlynn did most of his best work last season, recruitment-wise, in the loan market. Kennedy, Max, I'd probably include Alegria in that, a signing I hated at the time but a player I would take back in an instant. Maybe he can repeat that. He might have to.

It's not even July. Does anyone seriously believe that we are not going to make any further additions over the next few weeks? Because, if so, well I'm not sure how that fits in with the "nothing less than promotion" narrative that the club has been pedalling. I'll give McGlynn the benefit of the doubt that he is well aware that the current squad is not good enough and knows exactly what still needs to be done. For all the focus on RB, the glaring lack of any mobility, strength, ability to put in a challenge in midfield every now and then simply has to be rectified. Without that, we are going absolutely nowhere. Our midfield options as they stand will simply not cut it.

McGlynn is no fool, the BOD have already said publicly that nothing short of promotion (the assumption as champs not play offs) is his sole and only objective.

That will require at least three players to fill critical slots, and I’d be bewildered if he’s not already on the case……..

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You are far too kind.

Trying to keep positive and as announced it looks as if we’re going to be close to last years STs sales, which is surprising given the season collapse and the hard financial economics we all find ourselves in.

Not sure if this is a vote of confidence for McGlynn or simply loyal fans that find it difficult not to renew. For me it’s the latter. I sincerely hope that we do well and finally nail the top spot, albeit the signings so far are at best ok. We all know that ok players don’t get you out of this league.
We’d be foolish to think that at present and without the likes of Kennedy & Max we’re going to nail top spot. Hamilton Cove Queens will be no pushovers. 

11 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Don’t think anyone is saying that but equally the idea that you will play poorly all pre season and magically turn up all firing on the first day of the season is delusional.

This literally happens every year. Plenty teams also smash their preseason and are utter dug meat when the real stuff starts. Putting any weight to these training exercise matches is far more delusional.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This literally happens every year. Plenty teams also smash their preseason and are utter dug meat when the real stuff starts. Putting any weight to these training exercise matches is far more delusional.

Happened to us under Houston won the league cup group and then he was gone before end of September.

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This. 100% this.

We looked excellent in pre-season last year. Won away from home at Raith and Hamilton, and encouraged us all we'd start the season flying. Season went well.........

11 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd say max, Kennedy, Alegria and Rowe were all better than our signed players. Meekison might have fell under that category too, shame we never saw him but was certainly and exciting acquisition at the time, Hogarth better than pj as well. 

Matty wright was awful and kinnear about the same level as PJ. 

So apart from that I'd say he had more hits than misses in the loan market. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly still can't believe we've got folk thinking that McGlynn plans to not replace 2 right backs we just lost and instead start the season assuming that a teenage midfielder is adequate there 😂

exactly what I said to my mate last night. 

Take the situation with Rowe last season.   I don't think anyone predicted him coming in - i don't even know what links we have with Cov City. 

There isn't a lot of options in Scotland for decent Right Backs,  so McGlynn could be waiting to see what comes available down South on loan and do the same again and probably a bit early for English clubs?   We're still in June...if we we get to August then I might understand the panic.   Understand would be good to have the starting line up in place now but I'd have no issuing waiting if it gets the best option in.   

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

He'd take the place of Morrison in an ideal world.

Drop our top goalscorer and best player for Kennedy?

Kia was ok and is better than Henderson but no one else in our midfield. Could utilise him as a squad player to rotate between Nesbit, Morrison or Mcginn if he was tiring.