The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Usually going into a season the full of the accies fanbase is dreading it however this season there is a lot of positivity around the place and myself and a lot of the fans would be happy if the competitive season started tomorrow. We still need a couple of signings 2 or 3 Midfielders and we had 3 Midfielders on trial tonight so that's a good sign there we also need a center half and could do with a right wing and another striker not necessarily musts but both would be ideal and probably the other positions we could do with strengthening the most. Overall  I think it will between Accies and Falkirk for the league can't see anyone else winning it. Cove made the mistake with keeping Hartley I genuinely don't see him turning it around. Queens have lost Paton. Alloa will be up there but I can't see them winning it however have a feeling they might win the playoffs. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Someone asked Swinney about it on twitter not long ago and he said he something along the lines of "The club couldn't comment on it as nothing had happened yet" so that says to me we do have something in place. 

Hopefully Southampton dish out a fair whack for him.

I am not “itk” but the conversations I’ve had anything over 1-2M for him and we’ve made more than from what the cup run made us last year…..let’s hope it happens put it that way 

5 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Does anyone know the CF at Hibs currently training with Falkirk?

Only one I can think of as a possibility is Ethan Laidlaw but he was supposed to have rejected a new contract and off to Watford so I doubt that.

You sure it's a striker?

Guest Back Post Misses
13 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

To be fair, I don't think the club will get that much of a % of shirt sales. 

Having a bit of experience in this area and the margins available the club should be doing very well out of all the clothing we sell including the strips. No idea what we will get from the online bit as it is a third party who are handling stocking, sales platform and distribution but the product sold in the shop should attract good profit margins. 

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I am not “itk” but the conversations I’ve had anything over 1-2M for him and we’ve made more than from what the cup run made us last year…..let’s hope it happens put it that way 

The numbers getting talked about down here is nearer the £3m mark. All the talk is Russell Martin really rates him. 

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

The loss of Fife & Airdrie visiting the stadium, will be around 60/70K in lost revenue. Although it’s a fantastic uptake in season tickets, there will be a shortfall for sure. Don’t think there’s any game when we will need to open the away stand this season certainly for the league games. 

Stirling Albion will surely bring a lot more than Peterhead though 

10 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

I was going to say Josh O'Connor but see he's joined Airdrie on loan. Only other one that's been mentioned is Laidlaw, unless it's someone from their u18 squad.

13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Usually going into a season the full of the accies fanbase is dreading it however this season there is a lot of positivity around the place and myself and a lot of the fans would be happy if the competitive season started tomorrow. We still need a couple of signings 2 or 3 Midfielders and we had 3 Midfielders on trial tonight so that's a good sign there we also need a center half and could do with a right wing and another striker not necessarily musts but both would be ideal and probably the other positions we could do with strengthening the most. Overall  I think it will between Accies and Falkirk for the league can't see anyone else winning it. Cove made the mistake with keeping Hartley I genuinely don't see him turning it around. Queens have lost Paton. Alloa will be up there but I can't see them winning it however have a feeling they might win the playoffs. 

All 6 of them?

15 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

Haven't seen anyone. 

Would be surprised if someone was training but not on actually on trial, and there are certainly no trialists at the moment. Otherwise they would be getting a run out in games. 

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Haven't seen anyone. 

Would be surprised if someone was training but not on actually on trial, and there are certainly no trialists at the moment. Otherwise they would be getting a run out in games. 

How does that fit with Watson's position?

Has he joined the group for training or looking at other options/offers elsewhere or has he severed all contact.