The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone purchasing the shares of the Rawlins or SA / MR would be giving them the money nothing would go to the club.

I know that but it is not set in stone, possibly the Rawlins yes but I’d hazard a guess SA and MR may step aside for the right investor. It’s not really the point tho, a single cash injection doesn’t cut the mustard. For me it’s only worth considering if by some miracle a Roy McGregor / Willie Hauchey type investor appeared and was willing to continually underwrite loses putting fresh cash into the club each season with nothing in return. It’s complete pie in the sky stuff anyway, we don’t have that type of sugar daddy and I doubt we ever will. We need to make fan ownership work by buying into it collectively and in a bigger way than we are now. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Club needs outside investment to supplement the fans and patrons. Getting the right person/people is the challenge. 

Football in Scotland (and elsewhere) needs to stop this reliance on sugar daddy owners. It is corrosive and the clubs end up just being playthings for rich egos. 

We are lucky to be in control of our own club - and yes it will be difficult but having someone from outside come in is a foolish idea only worth considering when all else has failed.

I’m not getting the argument that if McGlynn fails it’s the boards fault. The board have improved every aspect of the club over a short space of time. If McGlynn fails then that’s on McGlynn not the board. 

f**k me if clubs changed owners every time they appointed a manager who didn’t produce they’d be changing ownership every season.

Has anyone also considered the fact that McGlynn might not actually fail this season or is that way too positive?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This again.

Why do you need additional funding?  Your income will currently dwarf that of every club you share a division with.

That's a very short-sighted view though. With the aim of being in the Championship in the near future it isn't going to dwarf everybody in that league. 

Outside investment is still very important. That is why we went with a "3-legged stool" approach to fan ownership.

Jordan Allen comfortably the worst during the fitness stuff which might be a reason why he didn't get much game time last season. If he's like that after a good 6 months of full time training god knows what he was like when he first arrived.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Jordan Allen comfortably the worst during the fitness stuff which might be a reason why he didn't get much game time last season. If he's like that after a good 6 months of full time training god knows what he was like when he first arrived.

But I was lead to believe McGlynn and team have done extensive research on all players signed? If he's barely fit enough now why on earth did we sign, let alone pay money for, the guy?

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Being told by a mate there he was fine and Carroll and Donaldson were quite poor on the fitness part. Strange

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I watched the beep testing and noted the players who dropped out first. I can say with certainty that Jordan Allan was not "comfortably the worst", or second worst, or third worst, etc, etc. I'm not going to go into any more details because the specifics of these things should be kept private. 

I have no idea how the players ranked when taking all the various tests into consideration. If you do, as you're inferring, then someone is breaking confidences who shouldn't be.  It doesn't reflect well on anyone for that to be posted on a public forum. Albeit I suspect it's wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I watched the beep testing and noted the players who dropped out first. I can say with certainty that Jordan Allan was not "comfortably the worst", or second worst, or third worst, etc, etc. I'm not going to go into any more details because the specifics of these things should be kept private. 

I have no idea how the players ranked when taking all the various tests into consideration. If you do, as you're inferring, then someone is breaking confidences who shouldn't be.  It doesn't reflect well on anyone for that to be posted on a public forum. Albeit I suspect it's wrong. 

What the hell are you on about? I'm watching them do the fitness stuff this morning. It's open to the public any man and their dug can see it .  Jesus wept.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What the hell are you on about? I'm watching them do the fitness stuff this morning. It's open to the public any man and their dug can see it .  Jesus wept.

To be fair, the only bleep test I was aware of was when they came back from Summer - that is what BB would've thought you meant just as I did. 

18 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Being told by a mate there he was fine and Carroll and Donaldson were quite poor on the fitness part. Strange

Allen was way behind. To be honest I don't give a feck if he scores goals on a saturday but some coaches can be pretty heavy on that kind of thing.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Allen was way behind. To be honest I don't give a feck if he scores goals on a saturday but some coaches can be pretty heavy on that kind of thing.

Yeah, neither. Just interesting how people can watch and have different opinions when it should really be black and white

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It would have been almost impossible not to improve on the worst season in the club’s history.

Not really, we finished 5th 20/21 and then I thought it couldn't get worse, and then we finished 6th the next season. So there was no divine right to improve on a previously shite season. 

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Yeah, neither. Just interesting how people can watch and have different opinions when it should really be black and white

Mackay struggled a bit on the one without the ball then was fine with the one with the ball. Some players just hate running .

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most have concerns but recognise that progress was made last season especially as he inherited a shambles. It is now time for him to deliver. He won’t be there if he doesn’t 

Progress last year was the minimum expectation.    The decision to keep McGlynn takes on more significance given the potential impact on the club if we don't go up this year.  Sure, he'll walk if he doesn't succeed but as a club we'd be staring into the abyss.  High stakes and a massive gamble given how the last quarter played out.  

As always I've renewed my ST too but I'm not at all confident based on the squad as it looks today along and particularly McGlynns inability to impact during games.  

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mackay struggled a bit on the one without the ball then was fine with the one with the ball. Some players just hate running .

its funny how fitness can show if different situations. Some guys just can't prove fitness running in straight lines but can cover every blade of grass on a pitch over 90 minutes when they have a particular role to fill.

22 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Not really, we finished 5th 20/21 and then I thought it couldn't get worse, and then we finished 6th the next season. So there was no divine right to improve on a previously shite season. 

It was when McGlynn was given the backing to bring in 18 new signings 

Guest Ecosse83

The previous board always backed the managers but unfortunately the manager appointments were horrendous with hindsight. I don’t think there would have been too many unhappy with Hartley when he was appointed but my god it was a bad appointment although it was Alex smith that really pushed that one! 

In my opinion the appointment of a manager is the main thing the board should be judged on, if they get it right on the park then everything else tends to fall into place. 

Im still on the fence with mcglynn, if I had the choice he would have been away but probably overall just done enough to earn another go next season. We need to get off to a good start though or the fans will turn on him quickly. 

Edited by Ecosse83