The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Is Hendo, Nesbitt and McGinn there? 

All here but hendo has a bit of a knock so wasn't taking part . Nisbett didn't take part in the football at the end but not sure why. Mcginn was there though. Was excellent couple of hours.My boy got his pictures taken with all the players and loved it.

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

its funny how fitness can show if different situations. Some guys just can't prove fitness running in straight lines but can cover every blade of grass on a pitch over 90 minutes when they have a particular role to fill.

I know what you mean some will run after a ball all day but when it comes to just running hate it and struggle. Certainly Allen was well involved in the games and looked sharp enough.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

its funny how fitness can show if different situations. Some guys just can't prove fitness running in straight lines but can cover every blade of grass on a pitch over 90 minutes when they have a particular role to fill.

People have different core strengths. No pace but can run all day. Electric pace over 4 - 5 yards then nothing special. Pace but needs a few yards to get up to it. Slow but can turn faster than the opposition. Blend these individual attributes together into a team pattern making an effective unit is where the manager comes into it maximizing the strengths and minimizing the weaknesses.

47 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

To be fair, the only bleep test I was aware of was when they came back from Summer - that is what BB would've thought you meant just as I did. 

I never mentioned bleep test at all that was bainsford not me.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never mentioned bleep test at all that was bainsford not me.

I failed the beep test more times than I care to remember watching us get humiliated 6-2 by Airdrie. McGlynn ya beeping this, McGlynn ya beeping that!

38 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It was when McGlynn was given the backing to bring in 18 new signings 

This comment of yours that you repeat constantly has been addressed so many times but you continually ignore anytime you are called out on it so I'm just going to repeat myself. "18 new signings" is just not an accurate representation. 14 players were already taking up 60% of the budget at the start of the season as reported by the board on multiple occasions. That means your 18 signings had to be made with only 40% of the budget and several of them were on loans and relying on people going out in January. That is very clearly NOT the same thing as having the budget to sign 18 players from scratch with say 80% of the budget at the beginning of a season.

This season he does have that, all his signings are his own and he has designated budget as he has wanted. Use this excuse at the end of the season if we are in the same situation but just reusing the same argument over and over when it's one of the least effective arguments for why McGlynn should be gone is just tiresome. 

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I know what you mean some will run after a ball all day but when it comes to just running hate it and struggle. Certainly Allen was well involved in the games and looked sharp enough.

I was there with my son and his pal. There were some players who were naturally fit and others who struggled but put a ball at their feet and they're fine. 

Allan looked sharp to me during the games at the end, thought Ola was brilliant

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

I was there with my son and his pal. There were some players who were naturally fit and others who struggled but put a ball at their feet and they're fine. 

Yeah as I said he did look sharp in the matches. My main point was that some managers can be sticklers for players that struggle in the fitness parts of training so I just wondered if that had been one of the reasons why he didn't get much game time last season. Who knows.

17 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Ola and Allan could be two huge players for us this season. Alongside Morrison, Agyeman, Miller and Spencer we could have the best attack in the league. Early days and still 2 or three players short imo. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I remember back in the days when I ran for a hobby I could do 10km no problem but play football then I was out of breath after every short sprint. These are different cardio skills.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

New shares can be created though, which I think they should be if FSS or Patrons wish to invest money in post the last share being sold. 

FSS is holding a meeting of members on 1 Sept at the club where we will discuss how the future funds from our members should be given to the club. One option is to agree to the issuing of new shares. There are also other options too. Currently there are only 50,000 shares left in the club to buy which were ring-fenced for FSS - however there is some debate if FSS should buy them now (there is money to do that) or let the club sell them elsewhere. A decision is yet to be made on that as there are arguments for both.

8 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I remember back in the days when I ran for a hobby I could do 10km no problem but play football then I was out of breath after every short sprint. These are different cardio skills.

correct, I trained last night and we done 3 or 4 laps of the perimeter of the Stirling road play fields and I was gubbed. Came to a 11 a-side training game an hour later and I felt totally fine getting about the park.

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

New shares can be created though, which I think they should be if FSS or Patrons wish to invest money in post the last share being sold. 

Yeah more could be created but got to make sure that neither FSS or Patrons start to dwarf the other shareholders. 3rd leg of the stool is still important.

Personally I wouldn't want to see either group move past a 33% holding. 26% remains to me the magic number for either group and would be happy at both holding that.

40 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Ola and Allan could be two huge players for us this season. Alongside Morrison, Agyeman, Miller and Spencer we could have the best attack in the league. Early days and still 2 or three players short imo. 

Tom Lang looks like a big solid centre half. He scored a cracker during one game at the end and cleared one off the line later on which I particularly liked. 

My main observation - and it could be the absence of Hendo today - but we don't seem to have much physicality in the middle of the pitch though happy to be corrected. 

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The worst season was when we were relegated to the bottom division on our centenary year and went part time.

Nothing will top that as the 'worst season in the clubs history'

Remember it well  Shire were a major rival at that time

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

But I was lead to believe McGlynn and team have done extensive research on all players signed? If he's barely fit enough now why on earth did we sign, let alone pay money for, the guy?

It’s probably all relative to opinion tbh. Some people think McGlynn is a managerial God, others think he absolutely pish. The reality is he’s someplace in between.