The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Acoustically are you not better at the back aswell? Sound in theory should reverberate with the stand rather than escape into the ether. 

Acoustically the far end of the car park would be perfect for the drum…

57 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's not like we just sell season tickets though. From the Premiership to Championship to League 1 something that has always remained consistent is that we have around 1k walk-up home fans. Even if Hamilton had that (they dont) you really have to wonder how on earth they can sustain full time football at those levels 

They might have sponsorship deals that blow the other sides in the division out the water.  Which negates the lack of crowds.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They might have sponsorship deals that blow the other sides in the division out the water.  Which negates the lack of crowds.

They have also brought in transfer fees recently to comfortably take them beyond our ST income. For Hamilton business model, ST's probably don't get prioritised any more than stadium advertising or other income streams. 

I’ve made my feelings known about the drums but I do think it deserves a chance and delighted to see that Kieran, who organised the tifo display, appears to be leading the charge to try and improve the atmosphere. 

It’s great to see one of the younger fans trying to make an impact for the betterment of the club. Also like that he’s already trying to address the issue many of us have with drums by making sure it’s not just incessant noise. 

Fair play to the lad and best of luck to him and the rest of the young team. Has my full support for attempting something new. 

11 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I’ve made my feelings known about the drums but I do think it deserves a chance and delighted to see that Kieran, who organised the tifo display, appears to be leading the charge to try and improve the atmosphere. 

It’s great to see one of the younger fans trying to make an impact for the betterment of the club. Also like that he’s already trying to address the issue many of us have with drums by making sure it’s not just incessant noise. 

Fair play to the lad and best of luck to him and the rest of the young team. Has my full support for attempting something new. 

Agree. I get that some folk don’t like drums, not 100% keen myself, but some of the golf club boors over on the FB pages make you wonder why anyone would bother.

Falkirk fans have never been great at building an atmosphere. They rarely get loudly behind the team unless it’s going well or we’re underdogs, and that must get to our players sometimes. So I welcome any attempt to improve things. 

21 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I wouldn't have been overly upset if we'd managed to get decent money for Morrison in this window. I think I'm right in saying that this is the last season of his deal so he'll likely walk for nothing at the end of it. I think things were going a wee bit stale for him too last term. Having signed Agyeman, I wouldn't be surprised if McGlynn was expecting him to be away too?

We were never gonna get decent money for him, he has purple patches in form and he was on it last season at times but he goes missing large spells, it's also been suggested he wouldn't pass a stringent medical.

You could make a superb video of his time with us but we still ain't getting decent money for him