The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

Having read a lot of negative comments over the last few days, I think it’s fair to say that members of our fanbase can’t forgive McGlynn for our finish to the end of last season.

Haven’t been on in a while but just skimmed the last few pages, but this is the nub of it for me.

As I’ve said previously, I’ve no doubt there are some on here with their own agendas and who thrive on being overly negative. Talk of sacking the manager after a friendly defeat is so unserious it shouldn’t even be entertained. 

However, I have to admit I’m struggling to get myself going with the hyper-positivity of “let’s just go again, get behind the team, COYB!!” from some, too, who seem to take every question levelled at McGlynn as if someone is having a go at them personally. I get that we are supporters - we are there to support, and I’ve renewed my season ticket and will going most weeks. I also get that it’s in the past and been done to death, but as much as I’ve tried (and I have), I’m having a really hard time disassociating McGlynn (and, indeed, a large number of the playing squad) from what was the most embarrassing 90 minutes in nearly two decades of watching Falkirk. That’s without even mentioning the collapse from March onwards.

He’s here to stay - fine; the board are backing him to get us promoted - that’s evident and I hope it works out that way. We might not be full-time next season if it doesn’t. But it is unfortunately how I feel, and I don’t think I’m alone in that. I have no interest in being overly negative and I hope to f**k we finally get out of this shitheap league this year, but McGlynn has a power of work to do to get some fans back on board. The ending of last season was the sorest for me in a while, and I feel it’s disingenious to suggest that those who feel that way all have an agenda. It’s not true. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I’ve not forgiven McGlynn for last seasons horrendous league collapse and a powder puff semifinal. However we move on and although I’ve got some trepidation, he gets my full support at present. I sincerely hope he gets a correct balanced team, which I believe is still somewhat short. Very early days and you don’t win leagues in July, but some very audible groans from many around me on Saturday.

McGlynn needs to learn that he has to get the fans onside. We all want possession football, yes, but it's got to mixed with quick, attacking stuff that will create chances and we need TWO strikers in the box to finish them off. There's no reason that this can't be achieved with the players we have so please John, please, stop the needless passing around at the back, get the ball forward and play with TWO up front.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGlynn needs to learn that he has to get the fans onside. We all want possession football, yes, but it's got to mixed with quick, attacking stuff that will create chances and we need TWO strikers in the box to finish them off. There's no reason that this can't be achieved with the players we have so please John, please, stop the needless passing around at the back, get the ball forward and play with TWO up front.

Thank you.

🙌

Just now, Kircer bairn said:

🙌

🙌

🙌

Can’t see why the diamond of 4 1 3 2 couldn’t be tried with this lineup 

Hogarth

Yeats (until we get new RB) Lang Mackie McCann

Spencer

Morrison Lowal Agyeman

McIver Allan 

14 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Can’t see why the diamond of 4 1 3 2 couldn’t be tried with this lineup 

Hogarth

Yeats (until we get new RB) Lang Mackie McCann

Spencer

Morrison Lowal Agyeman

McIver Allan 

Do you genuinely want Coll Donaldson dropped in favour of Mackie at CH?

37 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thank you.

We've not really got the right type of centre midfielders for just a 2 in there which is annoying as we need Allan's goal threat in the team.

45 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thank you.

I can cope with one up front. The one sticking point for me is having 11 men in our box defending corners. That is just criminal.

On 14/07/2023 at 15:47, FFC1965 said:

The way I see it for a title challenge is that there are three types of team 

1.  Those who we should beat every time (Stirling Annan Kelty & Edinburgh).  OK we will slip up somewhere but the aim should be to take 10 points off each.  This 40 pts would be the bedrock of a title challenge.  Ruthless and relentless winning home and away is required

2.  Teams where we'd take a win at home and a draw away or otherwise 8+points from each across the season (Id say Montrose Alloa & Cove) so thats 24 points

3.  Teams where wed take a home win and away defeat (QOS & HAFC) so that's 6 points from each across the season for a further 12.

If my arithmetic is right that's 76 points (W22 D10 L4).  DAFC got 81 last season.  Anything less than 72 puts it in the lap of the gods 

I think this is entirely reasonable. However the flaw with it, as I'm sure you realise, is that if Hamilton and QoS do exactly as you do (share home and away head to heads with you and each other) and everything else is the same then you're going to end up with all three sides in the same approximate final points tally area. It's a title challenge but you could still finish 3rd.

Surely if you want to win the league you have to target outpointing all 9 other teams on a head to head basis?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone know what is going on with Falkirk TV?

I got an email back just now.

"There will be an announcement regarding Falkirk TV going out later tonight with further information about the season ahead."