The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

No Allen in team or bench. Another injury? Miller on the bench but not much else in the way of options.

I was hoping to see McCann and Miller get the chance to link up on the left and also play two up top.

Not sure McGinn and Spencer work although hopefully it means Lawal plays more advanced.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was hoping to see McCann and Miller get the chance to link up on the left and also play two up top.

Not sure McGinn and Spencer work although hopefully it means Lawal plays more advanced.

Looking at Saturdays game I would say McGinn and Spencer doesn’t work but as you say at least it lets Ola play higher up the park.

Looking at the bench, the only questionable call is Mackie over McCann. Are we even sure how fit Miller is?

Unless folk are thinking folk are being Iver protected by leaving them out, but there's no evidence to suggest that....

Someone post a stronger lineup than what we have out

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looking at the bench, the only questionable call is Mackie over McCann. Are we even sure how fit Miller is?

Unless folk are thinking folk are being Iver protected by leaving them out, but there's no evidence to suggest that....

I take it Hogarth, Oliver, McKay, Allan, Henderson, Nesbitt, Miller, Carroll must all have knocks. Some of them the majority wouldn’t want in the squad but you would think if they were fit they would be included even if only on the bench.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I’d suggest Miller and McCann could be a good combination. Miller has played left back before so they could interchange and compliment each other going forward and defensively. Miller is also very fast.

I’m not convinced by Mackie or Yeats at full back. 

It’s McGlynn that picks the team though and he clearly see’s Mackie and Yeats as the best pairing tonight.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You aren't going to restrict yourself to 7 subs with the majority youngsters if you have options like Oliver, Allen and Nesbitt etc available surely.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I take it Hogarth, Oliver, McKay, Allan, Henderson, Nesbitt, Miller, Carroll must all have knocks. Some of them the majority wouldn’t want in the squad but you would think if they were for they would be included even if only on the bench.

Exactly.  You'd want a striker on the bench for a start.