The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Trump said:

McGlynn answering the absentees and their reasoning why, followed by asking the interviewer “unless you know any different” was odd. As others said, coming across like he’s feeling the pressure and a bag of nerves.

In his defence I don't think there was anything unusual in his interview.

It was fairly typical McGlynn and scattergun replies - I think he genuinely couldn't remember everyone who was absent last night and was expecting the interviewer to prompt him about others be perhaps hadn't mentioned.

As for Berra, if it's pro-bono then we may as well attempt to make use of him. 

Like another poster I'm going off the highlights and it looked an unfortunate mistake by the GK. It always appears the opposition take advantage of our mistakes when other teams get away with it seemingly. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Based on nothing but a short highlights package, the combination of Spencer and Lang make us look a bit of a threat from corners, which will be nice. Something we've not really had in a while. 

Apart from the goal and one header from Donaldson, I think every corner was was comfortably cleared by a Spartans centre half.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

No doubt that we were missing a few players but apart from a good opening twentyish minutes, looked poor and for so early in season a team without confidence. Defensively we still look vulnerable, midfield- McGinn (as said last season) is done and with Spencer we’re lacking pace. Mackiver with two in two games at least getting into a good habit which every CF needs.
As said McGlynn has my support at present but genuine fears as we actually look weaker than last season. Morrison who started brightly again vanished after the equaliser, as did a few more. Next two games will be difficult and interesting to see how these pan out. 
McGlynns interviews have noticeably went from positive/confident to a rambling and just waiting on the excuses that the budgets been cut. The bit about Berra joining up (not being paid) as we’ve no cash, could have been conveyed differently. 

Just watched after match interviews & whilst I am not McGlyn’s biggest supporter think some of the comments on here are a touch misrepresentative. In my opinion he doesn’t come over any different to normal with a nervous energy typical of his presentation. 

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Apart from the goal and one header from Donaldson, I think every corner was was comfortably cleared by a Spartans centre half.

Looked like the kind of deliveries we generally lack though. Bit of pace on them. Not Nisbetts floaty efforts with no pace.

As for Berra.... If he can teach us how to defend a corner he'll be worth more than a new striker

36 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

In his defence I don't think there was anything unusual in his interview.

It was fairly typical McGlynn and scattergun replies - I think he genuinely couldn't remember everyone who was absent last night and was expecting the interviewer to prompt him about others be perhaps hadn't mentioned.

As for Berra, if it's pro-bono then we may as well attempt to make use of him. 

Like another poster I'm going off the highlights and it looked an unfortunate mistake by the GK. It always appears the opposition take advantage of our mistakes when other teams get away with it seemingly. 

👍

I’ve a horrible feeling we might see a carbon copy of last season where we do okay against most of the league but struggle against the likes of Cove, Hamilton and QOS. I hope I’m wrong but I’m a bit concerned old frailties might rear their head again.

I think Saturday will be significant in terms of tactical nous against stronger team. A few observations from being there last night:

• Agyeman trying too hard at times
  • Donaldson yellow card due to McGinn’s legs gone
  • Mackie offers nothing going forward
  • Lang, Spencer & McIver all settling well & making positive contributions
  • Morrison doesn’t know how to attack byline & cutback
  • Miller brought energy & movement in last third in his short tine on pitch
  • We still lack creativity to break down packed defence although not sure if this is as much about risk averse tactics

58 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Just watched after match interviews & whilst I am not McGlyn’s biggest supporter think some of the comments on here are a touch misrepresentative. In my opinion he doesn’t come over any different to normal with a nervous energy typical of his presentation. 

Beat me to it. After reading the comments on here I thought the interview was going to be far worse, however, I didn't see anything untoward about it at all. Usual McGlynn interview full of detail, honesty and information. His interviews are one of the best things he's brought to the club compared the previous few managers, in fact since Houston.

I'm saving my thoughts on his tactics, team etc until just before the league season starts.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Beat me to it. After reading the comments on here I thought the interview was going to be far worse, however, I didn't see anything untoward about it at all. Usual McGlynn interview full of detail, honesty and information. His interviews are one of the best things he's brought to the club compared the previous few managers, in fact since Houston.

I'm saving my thoughts on his tactics, team etc until just before the league season starts.

We seem to be in a period of wildly differing interpretations of everything that comes out of the club and In particular, the playing side. Some who are bending their interpretations towards whatever they have already decided and won't move from and some who seem to be suffering from the usual pre season boredom. 

Iv not even bothered watching the interview. We got our of a tricky tie with 3 points. At this point I don't need to know any more than that. 

When we get fucked at home off the Binos, that might get me interested in what the manager has to say.....

13 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

One thing that really does tilt me is his name isn't Ross Mac-Aye-vor

It's Ross Mac-ee-ver. Good practice to ask a player how to say their name. Although a few stray pronunciations will creep in always.

The player is pronouncing it incorrectly then. That's an English pronunciation, like the way they say 'McKleen' and 'McKee' when it's clearly McLean and McKay etc 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

One thing that really does tilt me is his name isn't Ross Mac-Aye-vor

It's Ross Mac-ee-ver. Good practice to ask a player how to say their name. Although a few stray pronunciations will creep in always.

This kind of pish leads to people called Gillian saying 'actually its Gill-ee-an'

Barring the mistake from Long they never really troubled us. He came out and claimed about 5/6 high balls throughout the game just unlucky with the goal.

I think Mccann's a better player than Mackie but we can't really say Mackie offers nothing going forward, his ball created the second goal and in the first half he put in a fair few decent balls that nobody attacked.

Spencer with good set pieces all night, could be doing with someone other than just Lang attacking them right enough.

Agyeman's got the makings of a good player he just needs that end product, a few very tidy skills from him tonight to beat his man.

MacIver with a sitter at the near post but thankfully made up for it by finishing off the 2nd. 

Still need something different in the middle of the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This kind of pish leads to people called Gillian saying 'actually its Gill-ee-an'

If you introduce yourself as Gill-ee-an and you pronounce it that way and I say that's a load of pish I'll call you what I want...

Doesn't really give a great impression.

We won, which is the main thing, but wasn’t a great watch bar the first 20mins & last 15. 

Going forward, like Saturday, I thought we looked dangerous at times with Agyeman giving them a hard time & McIver winning some good knock ons & seems to hold the ball up well. Pleased he got a goal too.  

Feel we are lacking in midfield still & at the back but we were missing players, which I hope makes a difference. Lang & Long both had good games & felt for the GK as error aside, he played well I thought. 

Cracking crowd through for a Tues night 👏🏻. Big game on Saturday at Firhill & that could be the tie of the group now. 

IMG_3226.thumb.jpeg.92bff660ff4340f6ddcdc5731c892504.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I went to school with 2 girls called Gillian, they were best friends. One pronounced her name Jillian, the other Gill-ee-an. Up to the individual I suppose.

We had enough chances to score about 6. Finishing those chances is where we need to improve massively. No idea what's going on with Morrison, instead of his usual blasting it over the bar he has now reverted to very limp attempts on goal, couple on Saturday and again last night, as if he has no power in his legs. 

Clear mistake for the goal, apart form that Spartans didn't look too troubling.