The Falkirk FC Thread

Was discussing this with my mate he suggested 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' by The Verve - nice big strings and drums! 

could even get a chant of this along with the string part

"The Falkirk Falkirk Bairns

Falkirk Bairns

Falkirk Bairns"

aye ok sh*te enough

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

All these suggestions are great but equally shows that the club/ultras won't please everyone's tastes. 

Gauging reactions to different pre-match songs over the trial period might have been worthwhile but perhaps it was decided by both parties that "Local Hero" was the only candidate.

But then you’re defining us to one song when we can have a variety. Wasn’t really an issue before. All for the atmosphere being built but all you need for the start is a song to be a bit upbeat. Would rather change it about than be stuck with the same song for years. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

But then you’re defining us to one song when we can have a variety. Wasn’t really an issue before. All for the atmosphere being built but all you need for the start is a song to be a bit upbeat. Would rather change it about than be stuck with the same song for years. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I agree that some variety would be good and one of the choices might guide the style that has the best reaction. 

All a learning curve and hope the experiment goes well over the trial. 

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Appreciate I'm probably showing my age here but you need something to really get people off their seats at the start of games.. With this in mind my choice would be "Beethoven's Symphone No. 7" in A for a walkout song.

Ah, the Scottish symphony. Given the outlook over the fields, the Pastoral 6th might be the charm. Maybe a bit of Ode to Joy from the 9th when a goal is scored?