The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Ooooft.

Maybe that Celtic-esque victim mentality will spur you on to get out of the diddy leagues at the fifth time of asking.

I just think there is a Glasgow bias in Scottish football. It’s unlikely I’m the only person that thinks that.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just think there is a Glasgow bias in Scottish football. It’s unlikely I’m the only person that thinks that.

Judging by the nick of your support last week, I'm sure you're not the only paranoid mess among them.

12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

... Not sure how he would fare in higher leagues but to consider getting rid of him would be crazy. 

Benched at least. 

He used to do what Ageyman's doing now and turning players inside out, out-pacing them and being direct.

Now he just seems to run in straight lines and shanks it. To me he looks jaded.

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Benched at least. 

He used to do what Ageyman's doing now and turning players inside out, out-pacing them and being direct.

Now he just seems to run in straight lines and shanks it. To me he looks jaded.

He was our best player first half against Dundee United but then McGlynn switched him to the other flank. Most games this season he seems to have been positioned on the other side to where he normally plays.

Just seems mad to take your best player and not play him on the side where he played best. 

You say that you wouldn’t be surprised about him turning up at Dumbarton. If he gets wasted this year then I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at a club in a league above us and be even more effective, like what happened with Aidan Connolly. 

1 hour ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Agyeman looks like he'll be utterly frustrating - good and bad in the same game.

The upside of that particular coin being that he'll also be responsible for winning us a few points this season. I enjoyed watching Agyeman today - at least he is willing to be direct and take his man on. We've had precious few of them over the years. Thought he provided a bit of spark to a largely dull, colourless team. Miller as well when he came on. I'd take one Agyeman over a hundred Gary Olivers. A total plodder. Unfortunately the central midfield options are simply not good enough for a team with title aspirations. Utterly powderpuff. Any half-decent midfield we come up against will run right through us with zero resistance. All too familiar.

Edited by AGPar

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Piss poor first half . Lot better second half with miller a definite upgrade on Oliver.  Thistle scrape through due to two last minute goals in the last two weeks.  Frustrating  but was always going to be a big ask today.  Next Saturday the priority. 

The 2nd half seemed to drag in after our initial 15/20 min burst at the start.

Hopefully we start next week with the 2nd half tempo

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

It's not the last minute penalty that's put us out, it's Lang's pass across the box in the DU game that's killed us

Poor pass to Spencer for sending off and losing a 93rd min goal to partick cost us 

Also Lang moment and us being as potent as a John Bobbit up front in said game.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Well today proved that we are hamstrung with McGinn playing. We were a different team in the second half but I wouldn’t say it was the personnel who came on at half time that made the difference, rather the ones that went off, primarily McGinn. 

I was really impressed with Miller. He was always looking to create and most good things we did in the second half involved him

Surely a contradiction.

Today confirmed that McGlynn will have his faves playing/starting regardless. Another very poor goal conceded and although a healthy end result, defensively looking at sixes and sevens against poor opposition. Said earlier any team with pace through the middle will pick us off with ease. So the real stuff begins next week, here’s hoping we’ve got our house in order. 

First half was utter dross and we managed a barely deserved 2-1 lead, somehow. But it allowed us to reset the game and stopped the crowd from going ballistic at McGlynn, lucky for him. MacIver continueing his knack of being at right place right time. Yeats will be targeted by opposition as weak link at RB, and now we’re out the Cup there’s no £50K for any loans. Great goal by Alfie, nice to see his composure for the chip. Also great to see Miller off the mark too and he gives much needed directness. Unlike McGinn, whose sadly done and a blind man could see that. Hendo and Miller coming on resulted us scoring a 3rd within minutes of the restart and hoping McGlynn stops picking his favourites which, let’s be honest, is harming the club by ‘not’ playing his best XI week on week and not utilising the decent squad of players correctly. Stop the favouritism and pick the on-form players, in an attacking formation, geared for goals. The fans will back this. But what’s that they say about old dogs and new tricks? Your call McGlynn.

Edited by GunnerBairn

5 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

I think some of fans are absolute tossers 

Take yer time in working that out 😜

We should win if we start with Mcginn and Spencer next week but the difference with Henderson and Spencer was massive.

I don't think Spencer reached the levels of the Partick game but still was aok.

As it stands so far, Mcginn should be sub and used for that cool head sub later in a game when we are trying to see a game out. He seems to want an eternity on the ball now compared to last season where he was fairly secure with the ball. I maybe doing him a disservice with stories of him needing injections to play but current form he's nowhere near last seasons form.

I think we had more zest about us last year in the league cup, time will tell how we go forward now, a few loan deals could hinge where go forward as I feel the squad is very much light, unbalanced.and the defence still seems easy to cut open.

We do have a squad that is capable but that depends on injuries, loans and McGlynn 

I swear I must watch a different game to some on here 😂😂 the first half was dire and it was clear to me that communication across the defence was non existent. Peterhead could and should have been well clear by half time. Second half is as comfortable a 45 minutes as we’ll have all year, they seemed to realise that being organised at the back means teams will find it difficult and once Calvin’s goal went in it became a training exercise to see out the game, keep possession and not do anything stupid. This picking a scapegoat for the season needs to stop though, how much confidence can a player have when he is continually getting grief and if you believe what I’ve read on the Falkirk Daft discord also getting offered “outside” by his own supporters, that is an absolute embarrassment, who will want to play for us with people behaving like that!

15 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

I swear I must watch a different game to some on here 😂😂 the first half was dire and it was clear to me that communication across the defence was non existent. Peterhead could and should have been well clear by half time. Second half is as comfortable a 45 minutes as we’ll have all year, they seemed to realise that being organised at the back means teams will find it difficult and once Calvin’s goal went in it became a training exercise to see out the game, keep possession and not do anything stupid. This picking a scapegoat for the season needs to stop though, how much confidence can a player have when he is continually getting grief and if you believe what I’ve read on the Falkirk Daft discord also getting offered “outside” by his own supporters, that is an absolute embarrassment, who will want to play for us with people behaving like that!

You’re not questioning the football geniuses on here surely?

Just now, Hughsie said:

You’re not questioning the football geniuses on here surely?

Why would I do such a thing 😂😂 I am probably in the minority in thinking that there is a good team in there. Hendo in for McGinn and Miller and Oliver rotating with a bit more communication at the back and better concentration and I fancy us to beat most teams on our day. The challenge for us is going to be maintaining the same level all year.

Watching the highlights and pleasing that both McIvers & Alfie’s goals were real pieces of skill. Miller looks a decent find and Alfie gives the team a differ dimension with his pace and power. Previous post nails it for me drop McGinn/Oliver and play Henderson and Miller. A few around me giving McGlynn some vocal, for a horrid opening period. Thankfully they didn’t take a couple of chances which could have easily had them comfortably in front. Wtf has happened to Donaldson, he’s looking even worse than McKay ?

Just now, Springfield said:

Watching the highlights and pleasing that both McIvers & Alfie’s goals were real pieces of skill. Miller looks a decent find and Alfie gives the team a differ dimension with his pace and power. Previous post nails it for me drop McGinn/Oliver and play Henderson and Miller. A few around me giving McGlynn some vocal, for a horrid opening period. Thankfully they didn’t take a couple of chances which could have easily had them comfortably in front. Wtf has happened to Donaldson, he’s looking even worse than McKay ?

I think he’s a confidence player and I don’t think he’s got worse overnight. He’s the player I refer to when I say that I think we are in danger of creating a scapegoat. 
For me, I think he has an issue with concentration and needs help from those around him as he suffers most when we get over exposed at the back.