The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

A quick look at QOTS site & they have one lounge as far as I can see. The Tartan Lounge. 

Says all you need to know about honouring their past greats or football achievements. Not sure they are in any position to mock tbh. 

I would have thought their lounge would have been called The Conservative Club.

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agreed but unless we move a few players out the door I think a young right back on loan is probably going to be our lot. If Partick hadn’t scored that last minute goal against cove the league cup money may have allowed us to do more and Alegeria would have provided excellent competition with MacAver. Really hope he doesn’t end up playing against us now! 

Just can't see anybody wanting any and if they do move it will be Falkirk picking up most of the wages. So minimal funds will be coming in from that source.

One thing is for sure the right back position is where the opposition will try to overload and exploit. 

47 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

A quick look at QOTS site & they have one lounge as far as I can see. The Tartan Lounge. 

Says all you need to know about honouring their past greats or football achievements. Not sure they are in any position to mock tbh. 

"they" haven't.

Can we please not consider @Monkey Tennis as synonymous with Queen of the South?

21 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Some brilliant camera work from Luke McGuire, as always.

Particularly enjoyed the angle of MacIver's goal as at the time I had no idea what happened with it and I don't think MacIver did either.

13 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

2.5k season tickets, quite ridiculous really. We are all mugs.

Crowdwank question. How many STs have the other 9 clubs in L1 combined sold? 

Considerably less than that I'd imagine. We're somewhere around 600 I think (depends what exactly you count). I read Accies were about 300. Doubt anyone else will be significantly more. Some might still be in double figures.

Although I've never really understood the obsession with season ticket numbers some have. Attendances matter, whether they pay up front or on the day, largely doesn't. Falkirk are by an absolute mile the best supported club in the division. When you pay for your ticket doesn't change that.

32 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Hopefully it’s means some funds can be released for a right back. 

As much as we need a right back, if we are still running at a £400k loss then I’d rather that be covered before we put any more money to the transfer budget. Could be very bleak should we not find a way to cover that going forward so till then think a loan will have to do. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Considerably less than that I'd imagine. We're somewhere around 600 I think (depends what exactly you count). I read Accies were about 300. Doubt anyone else will be significantly more. Some might still be in double figures.

Although I've never really understood the obsession with season ticket numbers some have. Attendances matter, whether they pay up front or on the day, largely doesn't. Falkirk are by an absolute mile the best supported club in the division. When you pay for your ticket doesn't change that.

Accies 300? Wow.

In fairness, I'm just stocking up with ammo for when it all goes tits up and we don't get out this league again. 

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Don't forget borderer!

Nah, doesn't really work.

You see, the previous terms mentioned, sort of contradicted each other.  Borderer kind of ties in with the Tory thing, so is less successful in terms of the point being made.

Well done You for trying though.

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Would the clubs not rather have the cash up front, than spaced out over the course of a season?

I appreciate that for example at QotS, you'll estimate the (paid) attendance over the course of the season, and provide the manager with his budget based on that - but surely you'd rather have strong ST sales to allow this money to land in the coffers more quickly. For example, so that if you had a couple of Saturday games postponed, or a terrible season in general, the associated lower attendances wouldn't be as costly because more fans would have paid already?

21 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

As much as we need a right back, if we are still running at a £400k loss then I’d rather that be covered before we put any more money to the transfer budget. Could be very bleak should we not find a way to cover that going forward so till then think a loan will have to do. 

Yes, I mean funds to bring a player on loan and be able to pay a % of that players wage.

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Would the clubs not rather have the cash up front, than spaced out over the course of a season?

I appreciate that for example at QotS, you'll estimate the (paid) attendance over the course of the season, and provide the manager with his budget based on that - but surely you'd rather have strong ST sales to allow this money to land in the coffers more quickly. For example, so that if you had a couple of Saturday games postponed, or a terrible season in general, the associated lower attendances wouldn't be as costly because more fans would have paid already?

Yes, I appreciate that some clubs prefer to secure funds up front for a variety of reasons, those clubs usually also offer larger discounts to get it though. So what you gain on one side with a certainty of income, you lose on the other hand. With the advent of 3G pitches, Saturday postponements are rarer, though granted bad weather days (or a rugby international) still hit attendances. we've never been a club particularly fixated on season ticket sales, We don't offer major discounts for them. Our season tickets are pitched at two free games in effect (18 games for the price of 16). Not sure what Falkirk are offering these days. If I recall Raith Rovers, another club who place a lot of focus on season ticket sales, with running total updates, offer much bigger discounts for season payments.

Nobody's making any interest on a business current account and I doubt many football clubs are allowed to run overdrafts these days by banks so the actual cash advance in bank terms makes no odds. Back in the days when clubs were allowed overdrafts it probably had that advantage.