The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

That's horrendous man

I’m talking shite, found an article in the Glasgow Herald from the time and the Morton player ended up with 12 stitches. It was a clash of heads and it says accidental but if I remember right there was a lot of anger in our support as we felt the Morton player went for a ball he had zero chance of getting. If I knew how to copy links I would put it in here, I just googled Marino Keith Injury and found it.

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

One game, one clean sheet, two points. What were you worried about?

2-0 win over Hearts, (I was at that game) the only other games he played (2) were in the Stirlingshire Cup. What worried me & a good few others was that he might have played another first team game!!!! 

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m talking shite, found an article in the Glasgow Herald from the time and the Morton player ended up with 12 stitches. It was a clash of heads and it says accidental but if I remember right there was a lot of anger in our support as we felt the Morton player went for a ball he had zero chance of getting. If I knew how to copy links I would put it in here, I just googled Marino Keith Injury and found it.

Ah no worries, I'll google for the article mate

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m sure he ended up fracturing his skull, he went up for a ball with the defender who if I mind correctly done him with an elbow. He was out before he hit the deck and his body went into spasm, the players round about him knew it was serious right away and waved for physios/doctors to come into the pitch. He was getting treatment for what seemed like an eternity.

In those days the away fans were in the covered area to the left of the open terracing we get now and it happened right in front of us. Like Shagger said above I thought he was dead as did most of the Bairns fans, was horrific to witness it.

I was there as a young kid and was certainly traumatised about it for a while afterwards.

I used to look away every time players went up for headers for years afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I was there as a young kid and was certainly traumatised about it for a while afterwards.

I used to look away every time players went up for headers for years afterwards.

Understandable, was definitely the worst thing I’ve seen at a game I’ve actually been too.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That was the name of the pitch purely because it was lined on 3 sides by Beech trees. The road that runs down to the new school (the bungalow to the right was the PE teacher’s house). On the right were the two hockey pitches and two football pitches. On the left, was another hockey pitch, and then a small dry stone wall running at 90 degrees to the road. Beyond that little wall was the pitch known as Beechfield. Not used as often as the main pitches, but was used by the school every now and then.

On the far side of the pitch was rough grassland that sloped down to the Carron Dams.

Many epic 8 - 9 a side bounce games on the Bleachfield Hockey pitch on Sunday's early 70's

Was as good as weeky Falkirk v Camelon derbies they went on for about 3 hours taking on water at J K Miller's at half time.

Lot of good football played, competitive but fair and not one vandetta.

Looking back we did not realise just how fit we were. 'You don't know what you've got till its gone' as Joni Mitchell sang

Happy memories

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Many epic 8 - 9 a side bounce games on the Bleachfield Hockey pitch on Sunday's early 70's

Was as good as weeky Falkirk v Camelon derbies they went on for about 3 hours taking on water at J K Miller's at half time.

Lot of good football played, competitive but fair and not one vandetta.

Looking back we did not realise just how fit we were. 'You don't know what you've got till its gone' as Joni Mitchell sang

Happy memories

Great days....although there was one clash that resulted in a broken leg!!

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was about ten foot from the incident and it certainly wasn't accidental. He went right into the back of Keith with his head and elbow.  As has been said horrific challenge.

54 minutes ago, bigbairn76 said:

Greig Allen has been linked with a loan move from rangers b he's a 17 year old centre back opinions?

Jack Harkness was move believable given our lack of a right back. We won't be bringing in another centre back anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I was about ten foot from the incident and it certainly wasn't accidental. He went right into the back of Keith with his head and elbow.  As has been said horrific challenge.

I was there as well, recall it being a pretty spicy encounter with a lot of back and forth between the sets of fans. The incident is included in the highlights here - 

49 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Great days....although there was one clash that resulted in a broken leg!!

Remember that!

He was a danger to himself more than anybody else.

You were lucky not to have got the same it was a horrendous tackle.

Remember the Police van passing a few minutes after and them calling the ambulance. Nobodies heart was in it and we all drifted home.

8 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I was there as well, recall it being a pretty spicy encounter with a lot of back and forth between the sets of fans. The incident is included in the highlights here - 

Remember it well. We went through on the North End FSC bus. It definitely looked like he meant it at the time in terms of going through on Dan. 

17 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember that!

He was a danger to himself more than anybody else.

You were lucky not to have got the same it was a horrendous tackle.

Remember the Police van passing a few minutes after and them calling the ambulance. Nobodies heart was in it and we all drifted home.

I went to the Hospital a couple of days after it and the Doctor that looked at my leg said "Are you the other guy from the Bleachfield on Sunday?" 😂

26 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Davie Sinclair 🤩

No idea why but always liked him even though he played quite infrequently. I was probably sh*t scared not to like him!