The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Being static in the box is always going to limit his effectiveness. Maybe something to be worked on.

Airdrie played this exceptionally well last year always having players short (near post) and drawing out defenders every time they had a cross or corner.
As you’ve said to be worked on. 

25 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Nowt to do with big crowds just cramming cars into a small space & why the £5 charge? 

Because people will pay a fiver. If noone parks there then they would perhaps lower the price. There's loads of other places nearby you can park for feck all if you want.

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought Ross might have picked up on the fact that on a number of occasions Morrisons crosses were deep  and if he'd hung back at the back post he'd have had a good chance of getting on the end of one or two of them .

Learning time for Ross. Think we missed Alfie in the box. He occupies defenders leaving space for others. We missed Miller who learned quickly that Morrison can overhit crosses so he was always at the back of the box waiting. Ross will learn that hopefully. 

On 17/09/2023 at 18:10, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Sum up of my day yesterday:  Great half time pie, got to boo a torry and we won. Also not allowed to shout and wave my arms about at home so I really enjoyed myself.

As someone who has taken the pi-s out of you for years- in good spirits I hope! , or maybe fighting the arrogance-  really pleased for you . You have a top class  manager- a team with fight and purpose- you will get promoted with a first class support- you have suffered enough pain - truly think for the first time you will win the league - the  championship league is so much better with a well organised Falkirk-👏👏🤞

ps can you send help to us poor souls at EF

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

New episode of Falkirk Daft OUT NOW on YouTube, Spotify, Apple etc. 

Could have talked for hours with this guy (& we did) and had to edit it down to 90mins 😂

Cheers to everyone who continues to watch/listen to our nonsense. Means a lot ✊🏼💙

Great guest. 

10 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

As someone who has taken the pi-s out of you for years- in good spirits I hope! , or maybe fighting the arrogance-  really pleased for you . You have a top class  manager- a team with fight and purpose- you will get promoted with a first class support- you have suffered enough pain - truly think for the first time you will win the league - the  championship league is so much better with a well organised Falkirk-👏👏🤞

ps can you send help to us poor souls at EF

Thanks for the optimism it is something this thread has needed for years and we are getting it

we would send help but we have no help to give all our young boys are either to young, getting time of the bench or to shit for east fife 

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

Thanks for the optimism it is something this thread has needed for years and we are getting it

we would send help but we have no help to give all our young boys are either to young, getting time of the bench or to shit for east fife 

Brad McKay could be just the wise older pro you need in defence to mentor your team through the season.  HTH. 

52 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Bairns abroad can you assist, I’m heading to Germany at the weekend for my young cousins silver wedding celebrations, can you get BBC Alba on the iplayer abroad or am I better going for the FFC TV option.

Better to do FFC TV - practically nothing works via iPlayer, as it’s that good figuring out that behind a VPN, you’re not where your IP address claims

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Bairns abroad can you assist, I’m heading to Germany at the weekend for my young cousins silver wedding celebrations, can you get BBC Alba on the iplayer abroad or am I better going for the FFC TV option.

You need an uncommon vpn to fool the BBC to think you are in the uk. The common ones the system can “ see”. Try Surfshark 

14 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Surely they'll have it on big screens in the city centre

17 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Better pictures on Alba but get commentary in Gaelic.