The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

How good would it feel this time tomorrow to be 3 points clear. 

The anticipation before a big game just cannot be beaten.

It feels different this time. I think cos there's no real rivalry or bitterness between the two clubs or fanbases, then it's almost entirely just about the football. It's excitement rather than that sick nervy feeling. 

Folk keep saying this team are different. Tomorrow I hope they take the opportunity to show it. 

On 12/09/2023 at 16:47, Guest said:

Yeh I know and guessing this is one, along with another account that freshly appeared to have a pop at me. At least stop shoehorning in Dude and homie to convince me otherwise.

Anyway I disagree with everything you say but to save going over everything again then why not reply to my DM and I can let you know my reasonings there. 

What I will say is this is not to devalue any of the work gone on in the FSS or vilify the people on it. 

My first post was a fair and balanced opinion on the FSS meeting last month.  You attacked me, denied it (all the hallmarks of a bully) and I defended myself, yet it's all plot against you? It's such a determined plot this is the first time I've logged in for nearly four weeks. 

3 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

The AGM update confirms no progress has been made since the last one, still a £400k gap unfilled.

When will we accept that fan ownership can’t deliver this and start seeking external investment?

You obviously weren't there. The progress is obvious and the £400k is based on the objective of challenging at the top of the championship next season and strengthening in the January window.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

The tone of the statement is poor. We all know that the 400K is wrapped round our necks before a ball is kicked. I agree that the FSS target number is very optimistic, however targets are targets. It’s obvious we don’t want to entertain external investment or we simply can’t get anyone prepared to invest . For me If it means we go cap in hand to any of the old MSG who would be prepared to soft loan the club, surely this must be considered. I couldn’t give to Fcks as I believe this is our best chance this season to get up. 

I was at the AGM, the tone is somber and realistic. We were treated like adults and the reality of where we are laid out in detail. Remember the days of George Fulton taking the club to the brink of extinction and not tell the fans? Or be like previous boards and keep us all in the dark, explaining nothing?. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The south stand is sold out for tomorrow, 2,000 fans, how many of them are FSS members?

How many “Ultras” will be in the stand tomorrow? 500? How many of them are FSS members?

Why aren’t they all members?

I had banking issues and was champing at the bit for months because I couldn’t get signed up to FSS and finally got signed up on an annual subscription last October. My subscription will be getting bumped up from £180 to £240 in a couple of weeks when it falls due.

We keep going on about the Navy Blue Pound when we are spending them to get into some other club’s ground, how about keeping some of these Navy Blue Pounds for the FSS?

I agree mate, the numbers are there but for some reason it hasn't exploded; to be fair its caught fire (maybe 15% of the support?), but it's a mystery to me why its not kicked on.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm choosing (but I am having to make a choice) not to take it too personally. 

I have no truck with anyone who makes the other choice though. I wish we'd get out the habit of these slightly blamey statements

As I said in a earlier post this was all explained at the AGM and the tone was perfect, honest and said with care about the club - so maybe I read it differently because of that, assuming you weren't there of course

3 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

The AGM update confirms no progress has been made since the last one, still a £400k gap unfilled.

When will we accept that fan ownership can’t deliver this and start seeking external investment?

The FSS email to the members tonight shows they're donating £104K PA, which translates into 80K after the government loan repayment. And is confirmed by the club statement of a projected 327K operating loss. 

So fan ownership has reduced the gap by slightly less than a quarter in a season where there are no expected big away supports and no cup runs. Hardly "no progress". 

As for when people will accept it, that depends on the circumstances. We're not there yet, as your current -5 reputation for that post shows. It seems the majority of people who post on here are still behind fan ownership. 

I go to the games with about 15 regulars, half of which travel to away games too but only 1/3 are FSS members. The others are only really interested in paying their ST or PATG when they need to as the football club represents a Saturday afternoon to them & that’s about it. 

Im sure they would dig a little deeper should the club get to a dire straits situation but aren’t keen now even though all could afford the tenner a month. Honestly no idea how you get those in that camp to get involved. It’s a tough one. 

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I go to the games with about 15 regulars, half of which travel to away games too but only 1/3 are FSS members. The others are only really interested in paying their ST or PATG when they need to as the football club represents a Saturday afternoon to them & that’s about it. 

Im sure they would dig a little deeper should the club get to a dire straits situation but aren’t keen now even though all could afford the tenner a month. Honestly no idea how you get those in that camp to get involved. It’s a tough one. 

The difference is in those who merely support and enjoy watching Falkirk and those of us who live and breath all things Falkirk and 10 pounds or more a month ( IF affordable) Is the least we can do  It is up to others to decide which camp they fall into?

26 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The difference is in those who merely support and enjoy watching Falkirk and those of us who live and breath all things Falkirk and 10 pounds or more a month ( IF affordable) Is the least we can do  It is up to others to decide which camp they fall into?

Totally agree. Which is absolutely fine & the right thing for individuals to decide. But it sounds like the current split of those numbers isn’t enough if we are to keep the club for ourselves & in its current state (ie Full time if in this league or challenging if promoted). 

11 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How good is the drainage at TFS, they were saying on the STV news that some parts of central Scotland will see 3 weeks worth of rain between now and Sunday morning😡

The thing that worries me more is the “no travel” warnings that are in place.  I’ve got a mate coming through from Edinburgh for a few post match pints, but as it stands every train is cancelled.

One of the issues is that many supporters are not in the least bit interested in fan ownership. A great number of fans, whether die hard / casual/PATG / STs simply want to support the team every Saturday. Of the guys I go with it’s two out of six contribute to the FSS. It’s not that the others can’t afford or contribute, they are simply not interested in joining the FSS. They fully understand that the club requires investors/investment but as one called it, hate the manner in which the BOD appears to put it all on the support. The BOD are/have been quite explicit about external investment and the threat of the club falling into “wrong hands” yes, there’s not one single fan out there who would want this scenario, but does that mean the current BOD without significant and immediate FSS investment will simply allow the current squad (half the squad can sign pre contracts with anyone in 12 weeks time) and guys like Lang /Spencer to leave in the summer ? This is easily the best we’ve started down here and given the squad now assembled looks very strong, shame that we’re starting to look like the real deal, with the abyss waiting at year end. 

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do you know if any of the 3 o'clock kick-offs today have pitch inspections scheduled?

I can’t see anything mentioned online at the moment, only thing on the news websites is about train cancellations and Police advising folk not to travel unless necessary which doesn’t bode well.