The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

No been on here for a while so catching up. The FSS may not have the official 25 odd% to block anything horrifically bad for the club but when taking into account loads of small investors (fans) who have a few shares like myself but want to keep them for sentimental reasons then there's absolutely no way anyone could do get a sufficient number of votes to do something harmful to the club.

Totally agree

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wtf is going on. At my work but can't believe we are a goal down to that gang. Right riddy if we don't sort it out 

Edinburgh's goal was a compete fluke (closed down clearance from Hogarth). We've also passed up some great chances. 9 times out of 10 we'd already be out of sight 

8 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

Good finish there. Again no replay of the goal on FTV. Why show replays of a missed chance but not a goal? Just doesn’t make any sense 

Two replays of the goal on my stream

Same pattern as the rest of the season, Edinburgh have 3 chances and score from one of them.  We have 11 chances and score from one of them.  Don't get me wrong, not moaning too much.  We just need to get our goals from chances ratio matching some other teams in the division and we'd be trouncing everyone.  Only aspect of our play that needs a good look at after a much better season so far than the few years before.

I much preferred the first quarter when we were putting games to bed and I didn't need to sit here patting my shants for the last 10 minutes. Far too many missed chances again, MacIver making up for his first half header thankfully.

Long will be back in next week after that honker from Hogarth. Henderson suspended for the next league game away to Montrose isn't ideal.

7 minutes ago, Railway End said:

What bright spark from the council thought it was a good idea closing the footpath from West Mains Ind Estate up to the stadium, everybody was walking up the main road with the traffic feet away an accident waiting to happen.

Exactly the same coming down from the college. Decided to walk the footpath at the back of the fire station to the bog at the end of the match (which I wasn't aware was there until I saw the stream of folk using it), rather than risk my life walking on the road in the dark. Pure council incompetence!

I was maybe risking my life walking in the bog too right enough! :unsure2:

26 minutes ago, Railway End said:

What bright spark from the council thought it was a good idea closing the footpath from West Mains Ind Estate up to the stadium, everybody was walking up the main road with the traffic feet away an accident waiting to happen.

God knows but I'm sure it's to be shut for months. But it is Falkirk Council we're talking about so nothing should come as a surprise! 

Another good 3 points but these poor performances are starting to happen too often and are a bit concerning.

In our last 4, we've blown alloa away but really struggled against Stirling, queens and Edinburgh. 3 teams that are total dugshite as can be seen from their other results.

Hopefully McGlynn gets that sorted, we need to be more clinical, our passing needs to be sharper and we need to start dominating the middle of the park much more. 

11 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Another good 3 points but these poor performances are starting to happen too often and are a bit concerning.

In our last 4, we've blown alloa away but really struggled against Stirling, queens and Edinburgh. 3 teams that are total dugshite as can be seen from their other results.

Hopefully McGlynn gets that sorted, we need to be more clinical, our passing needs to be sharper and we need to start dominating the middle of the park much more. 

I think Edinburgh were dugshite, now I think they’ll be stuffy and more competitive. I think we saw that today under the new management, they were not dugshite..

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven