The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The teething issues ironically had nothing to do with the new streaming provider. Jamie tweeted at some point that it was a hardware issue. 

There's a very long story about laptops which I'd rather not go into, which is why the only issues were at away games. 

Awww long stories about laptops are my favourite! 

54 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Re the Edinburgh highlights, I have no idea how they do it. They even had a remote camera monitoring their own dugout on Saturday. I'm guessing they may have a tieup with a university media department as it was more professional than I'd have expected from a club who brought 37 fans to TFS. We certainly don't have the kit for that. 

Good point that.

If I recall, we have occasionally tied up with Stirling Uni for various student work experience subjects.

Could we not get them to help out ? Maybe as part of some visual media course ? Particularly for our home matches to enhance the broadcasts ?

Edited by Zbairn

42 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I remember those gopros, just as I remember the camera operator at the top of the KM stand. I'm pretty sure the camera position on a raised plinth surrounded by a small scaffold is still there as at the back centre of the KM7 stand. 

I'm sure they could improve the quality by buying more cameras / gopros, but right now while we're in the third tier I'd guess there other demands on the budget which are deemed more important. Club staff do read this messageboard so at some point that might be taken on board. I'll raise the replay one for you. 

Re the Edinburgh highlights, I have no idea how they do it. They even had a remote camera monitoring their own dugout on Saturday. I'm guessing they may have a tieup with a university media department as it was more professional than I'd have expected from a club who brought 37 fans to TFS. We certainly don't have the kit for that. 

There are always ways to improve. Sadly most of them cost money and the club isn't exactly rich at the moment. 

On that subject, I'm going to push my luck and raise something here. I spend my Sundays with our womens team. They're amateurs and have to fundraise to get money for things like pitch hire, travel, pay referees, etc, etc. The coaches are trying to make them more professional and did well recently to find the cash to get all our players equipped with GPS vests. 

The next "wish list" item is one of these. 

Veo Sports Camera

If there are any Falkirk fans who run a business and have spare cash in their sponsorship budget, I'm sure our coaches would love to hear from you. Feel free to message me on here or speak to me in person at a game. 

My mates involved with a junior team and the highlights and info they can get from that veo set up is really good.

Probably wouldn't cost too much, maybe the club could do a wee fundraiser at a game or raffles and stuff in hospitality to get the kit paid for. 

38 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Good point that.

If I recall, we have occasionally tired up with Stirling Uni for various student work experience subjects.

Could we not get them to help out ? Maybe as part of some visual media course ? Particularly for our home matches to enhance the broadcasts ?

I've no idea. That would be up to Jamie to consider as some sort of partnership. 

19 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

My mates involved with a junior team and the highlights and info they can get from that veo set up is really good.

Probably wouldn't cost too much, maybe the club could do a wee fundraiser at a game or raffles and stuff in hospitality to get the kit paid for. 

I think the issue is that if the club did that for one Foundation team then they'd get asked why they weren't doing it for others such as amateurs, FFIT teams, seniors, etc, etc. They publicise the womens games but that's probably as much they can do. 

Long term I'd like to see the womens team brought "in house" as part of FFC rather than the Foundation, as has happened at other professional clubs. However, there are other things which will be far higher priority such as rebuilding the academy. Maybe if we ever reach the Premier League again.... 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I remember those gopros, just as I remember the camera operator at the top of the KM stand. I'm pretty sure the camera position on a raised plinth surrounded by a small scaffold is still there as at the back centre of the KM7 stand. 

I'm sure they could improve the quality by buying more cameras / gopros, but right now while we're in the third tier I'd guess there other demands on the budget which are deemed more important. Club staff do read this messageboard so at some point that might be taken on board. I'll raise the replay one for you. 

There are always ways to improve. Sadly most of them cost money and the club isn't exactly rich at the moment. 

On that subject, I'm going to push my luck and raise something here. I spend my Sundays with our womens team. They're amateurs and have to fundraise to get money for things like pitch hire, travel, pay referees, etc, etc. The coaches are trying to make them more professional and did well recently to find the cash to get all our players equipped with GPS vests. 

The next "wish list" item is one of these. 

Veo Sports Camera

If there are any Falkirk fans who run a business and have spare cash in their sponsorship budget, I'm sure our coaches would love to hear from you. Feel free to message me on here or speak to me in person at a game. 

How much are they? Might be something the equity bairns would want to sponsor, or potentially we could setup a crowd funder for them here. 

8 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

How much are they? Might be something the equity bairns would want to sponsor, or potentially we could setup a crowd funder for them here. 

It depends on how many players you have and what analytics you want it to provide. I think the camera is about a thousand and then you pay monthly fees to access the app. Last I heard the ideal setup for us would have cost around £1800 for the remainder of the season, which will obviously decrease the further on you go. 

Any sponsorship would help, because if you have enough cash to buy the camera then all you need is to raise the funds for the monthly fees. Possibly you could start off with a basic analytics service and then build it up once you increase your funds. 

56 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I haven't played this game in many years but this article in The Falkirk Herald raised a smile and made me wonder where the figures come from 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirks-weekly-wages-according-to-football-manager-2024-4406939?page=6

If Finn is on £300 a week he has earned a wage rise so far!

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It depends on how many players you have and what analytics you want it to provide. I think the camera is about a thousand and then you pay monthly fees to access the app. Last I heard the ideal setup for us would have cost around £1800 for the remainder of the season, which will obviously decrease the further on you go. 

Any sponsorship would help, because if you have enough cash to buy the camera then all you need is to raise the funds for the monthly fees. Possibly you could start off with a basic analytics service and then build it up once you increase your funds. 

Surely some FSS money could be used. If all the money from Falkirk Supporters Society goes to the male side of things we could be called misogynistic . It would be good press to help out the womens team.

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Surely some FSS money could be used. If all the money from Falkirk Supporters Society goes to the male side of things we could be called misogynistic . It would be good press to help out the womens team.

I’d have no issue with this, once we are out of League One. At the moment for me all of our resources from the FSS have to be focused on that. Just a personal opinion but the first team getting higher up the food chain would bring benefits for the women’s team, academy etc etc.

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Don’t agree with your misogynistic theory.

FSS was set up to support the club ie the first team primarily, anything else with possible exception of academy is peripheral and a wee bit of a luxury given our current situation.

It’s been a long time coming, but women’s football is gaining in popularity with many more girls being actively involved. 

We can now see other clubs taking an interest in amalgamating the women’s team into club structures. It’s been happening for a good wee while in other countries and now starting here. If we keep our ladies team at arms length then there is a good chance we will fall behind the competition.

Time to change. There will be sponsorship out there to help finance, who have no interest in the man’s game, but possibly interested in the Women’s. We just need to go out and find it.

in terms of the FSS, my opinion only……but now that the shares are all gone, a small % of the monthly subs would go a long way for the Women’s team and should be supported by the FSS committee.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

It’s been a long time coming, but women’s football is gaining in popularity with many more girls being actively involved. 

We can now see other clubs taking an interest in amalgamating the women’s team into club structures. It’s been happening for a good wee while in other countries and now starting here. If we keep our ladies team at arms length then there is a good chance we will fall behind the competition.

Time to change. There will be sponsorship out there to help finance, who have no interest in the man’s game, but possibly interested in the Women’s. We just need to go out and find it.

in terms of the FSS, my opinion only……but now that the shares are all gone, a small % of the monthly subs would go a long way for the Women’s team and should be supported by the FSS committee.

Certainly agree with the principle of FSS supporting the women’s team but at the moment every penny is needed for the first team.

17 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I'm a Patron?.....I have compadres ? ...... I have an agenda ?. I'm not going to get involved in personal digs here, but there is a bit of pot, kettle, black. 

I reiterate, "There is absolutely no mention of any time limit for them to exercise this."  

As far as I am aware the resolution states clearly what the Rawlins position is. No time limit was included in the resolution. If that has changed then the resolution has been changed, which I believe it hasn't, since it would probably need shareholder approval.

You asked me to prove that there is no time limit. I have quoted verbatim the resolution that was passed by shareholders.  If you think otherwise, prove me wrong rather than quotes from Deans et al. 

As an aside.... it's "past" and not "passed" (see your post). Someone who used to post on here made that mistake on more that one occasion :)  Edited to add - That person was also a big fan of Norman Wisdom :) . Helluva coincidence ?

I even called you to tell you I was not on P&B but you keep throwing the accusation on here. Well here I am you now know who I am. 

You are well aware that the Rawlins option has lapsed. It was mentioned more than once at Patron meetings which you probably attended and as someone else on here said it was on the FD podcast that it was lapsed. 

Why are you continuing to peddle this line? If it bothers you that much why did you now ask for it in writing? Why not raise it at the AGM of a few weeks ago? 

As we have discussed privately the FSS has more than enough shares to block anything. The 25%+1 whilst important in the cosmetics of it all the reality is that the safety of this club is assured now as the FSS and Patrons can easily block anything we don’t like.

The FSS and Patrons have 4 Board members. Do you really think that if there was outside investment available that they wouldn’t consult? 

FWIW I believe that the club does need the major shareholder part of the mix to take more active interest in the club. If that means that party spending money on Rawlins and former MSG shareholding to get a seat at the table so be it. If they are good people and good investors the club will get a long term benefit as their investment will continue to come in. 

Where I do agree is that the supporters have to continue to have an active part to play and have the ability to maintain their shareholding % at a healthy level, north of 20% for sure. What that level is I would guess would be down to any deal any new investor wishes to make. 

5 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

I even called you to tell you I was not on P&B but you keep throwing the accusation on here. Well here I am you now know who I am. 

You are well aware that the Rawlins option has lapsed. It was mentioned more than once at Patron meetings which you probably attended and as someone else on here said it was on the FD podcast that it was lapsed. 

Why are you continuing to peddle this line? If it bothers you that much why did you now ask for it in writing? Why not raise it at the AGM of a few weeks ago? 

As we have discussed privately the FSS has more than enough shares to block anything. The 25%+1 whilst important in the cosmetics of it all the reality is that the safety of this club is assured now as the FSS and Patrons can easily block anything we don’t like.

The FSS and Patrons have 4 Board members. Do you really think that if there was outside investment available that they wouldn’t consult? 

FWIW I believe that the club does need the major shareholder part of the mix to take more active interest in the club. If that means that party spending money on Rawlins and former MSG shareholding to get a seat at the table so be it. If they are good people and good investors the club will get a long term benefit as their investment will continue to come in. 

Where I do agree is that the supporters have to continue to have an active part to play and have the ability to maintain their shareholding % at a healthy level, north of 20% for sure. What that level is I would guess would be down to any deal any new investor wishes to make. 

Returns with a telt

On the woman’s team I agree with the posters suggesting right at this moment all FSS funds are needed for the first team and at a push the academy, when we get out of this division it will kick the club on in a business sense as well. We’ll be in a far better situation to invest in things like woman’s football if we can ensure the success on the park happens first. ….. (Also welcome back from your wee holiday BPM, see your back with a bang! Lol) 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

https://www.dodeallenmedia.com/about He's a wedding photographer/videographer so good reasons to invest in the kit.