The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

think he's a valuable option and I really like the fact that he never hides, despite what some folk would have you believe.

Agreed. I really am not a Nesbitt fan in the slightest, but he never hides. Always looking for the ball and does have that bit of quality now and again. It's just frustrating knowing that he can provide but doesn't always.

A good thing to have though, we have Ross/Agyemen who can filter in

23 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dundee United fans say they are not bothered as it was the diddy cup. Tell Jim Goodwin that! Thats their prized unbeaten record fecked . Brilliant!

They're only unbeaten in he league, same as us. They lost a couple of games in the LC.

1 hour ago, tokyo bairn said:

Should have got up in the middle of the night to watch it! It was on BBC Alba no? Can't find it on i-player.

Yep, it was well worth setting the alarm for 2.30am, what a performance. And besides, Saturday today, a long lie-in or do you work Saturdays?

We seem to really love playing DU. Even Hartley’s side (before it really turned to shit) put 6 past them. I remember some Tony Stokes embarrassments too when we were good. In fairness, they seem to always try play football, which seems to play into our hands. 

15 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Some amusing editing ( or lack of it) in Finn’s YouTube interview. He was quite professional about the interrupting. ;) 

Both he and McGlynn seemed to be having trouble with their wallies!

Fair play to Jim Goodwin BTW, told it like it was.

57 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Some amusing editing ( or lack of it) in Finn’s YouTube interview. He was quite professional about the interrupting. ;) 

Someone interrupted the interview. That part was meant to be edited out, appeared to have been edited out but when the "upload video" button was pressed it suddenly reappeared. Some sort of tech issue. The person who does the editing pulled the video once they realised what had happened.

I presume a clean version will go up at some point tomorrow. Frustrating for the editor out but amusing for the rest of us, particularly those who know him as we'll rip the piss out of him for weeks to come because of it. And not a big deal overall. Shit happens sometimes and he's a good guy who stays up late on a Friday night to work on interviews when everyone else is in bed or the pub.  

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yep, it was well worth setting the alarm for 2.30am, what a performance. And besides, Saturday today, a long lie-in or do you work Saturdays?

Aye not always but work today. Looking forward to watching the whole thing with a dram this evening!

6 hours ago, bairn88 said:

We seem to really love playing DU. Even Hartley’s side (before it really turned to shit) put 6 past them. I remember some Tony Stokes embarrassments too when we were good. In fairness, they seem to always try play football, which seems to play into our hands. 

I thought they were a total shambles defensively. Throughout the game Morrison and Calvin Miller had time to turn and acres of space. Could have easily been 7 or 8.

We were brilliant last night. I think the best thing was how fast we looked on the break. Moving the ball quickly. 

And once Taylor Swift ditches Travis Kelce she has to make a play for Tam Lang. Some boy.

Thought we were absolutely outstanding and to see Utd players chasing shadows was testament to our brilliant passing, which was simply immense. Don’t think it’s fair to single out anyone, but Miller (who had Sibbald on toast) and Morrison both truly outstanding. Miller if he keeps his fitness is the type of guy we’ve been missing for years. 

Not been talked about much on here, but the use of the multi ball for throw ins and the quick throw ins at home games really is effective for us. Long may it continue. That third goal last night was as a direct result. Keeps the tempo up, especially when teams are ahead or holding onto a point at TFS.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If he could produce like lastnight every week, someone in the Premiership forum would be discussing his work for their team. 

I think his position is probably one of the most difficult to be consistent in as well. I thought while C.Miller was out we forced everything down Morrisons side, with the pair of them fully fit we could cause a lot of problems for most teams in the country.