The Falkirk FC Thread

Just remember lads - we've been here before and fecked it. Dunno why but this season feels different and yet I can't explain how or why. Hopefully someone more articulate than me can do so lol. COYB. John McGlynn is the reason we'll be Championship next season!

IMG-20231216-WA0002.jpg

23 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Never been a massive fan of Donaldson and would have happily seen another centre-half in the door in the summer.

Today, he chose a very good time to have his best game in a Falkirk shirt by a long, long, long way. As good a central-defensive performance as I've seen in a while. Genuinely outstanding. 

Was going to mention Donaldson but think you’ve nailed it, with Lang we’ve got probably the best CH pairing we’ve seen in the last decade.

I hated this whole team at Airdrie, didn’t want the manager or players to stay, I was done with it. This season has restored my faith in the whole place, manager, players and fans. What am atmosphere today. Lang and Donaldson were brilliant today. The work rate from the front three was brilliant, ran themselves into the ground and pounced on every opportunity. I hope everything continues and we can help push the team on to promotion

38 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Never been a massive fan of Donaldson and would have happily seen another centre-half in the door in the summer.

Today, he chose a very good time to have his best game in a Falkirk shirt by a long, long, long way. As good a central-defensive performance as I've seen in a while. Genuinely outstanding. 

It’s amazing what not having Ryan Williamson to one side and Brad McKay to the other.

4 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I hated this whole team at Airdrie, didn’t want the manager or players to stay, I was done with it. This season has restored my faith in the whole place, manager, players and fans. What am atmosphere today. Lang and Donaldson were brilliant today. The work rate from the front three was brilliant, ran themselves into the ground and pounced on every opportunity. I hope everything continues and we can help push the team on to promotion

Think your first sentence sums up how many supporters felt last season. Today walked out the stadium  with that bit of pride, that bit of passion, that bit of togetherness, that bit of being a FALKIRK fan. No youngster anymore, but sang for as long I could behind the Ultras. Couldn’t have given two Fcks if I made an arse of it, but a few sherrys early doors made it feel fine. So immensely proud of being on this journey 

Still a long way to go but I think this season shows why it's very difficult to go from a side on it's haunches to league winners in one season and that it was always going to take that bit longer for John to get his team together. Recruitment has so far been exceptional and we now have so much in the way of attacking options.  Next week's game is a biggy though. Going from the highs of today's win to a tricky match down there we can't afford to let our level slip one little bit.

Edited by Shodwall cat

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still a long way to go but I think this season shows why it's very difficult to go from a side on it's haunches to league winners in one season and that it was always going to take that bit longer for John to get his team together. Recruitment has so far been exceptional and we now have so much in the way of attacking options.  Next week's game is a biggy though. Going from the highs of today's win to a tricky match down there we can't afford to let our level slip one little bit.

Agree, said a few pages ago that the December games, and the first two/three games early new year will be a huge bearing on how the season ends. 

Well done boys. Finally a win when it really matters, if that doesn't breed confidence going forward nothing will. Only negative is Hogarth he just gives you the fear. He wasn't great before he went back to Forest, Long is the better keeper out the pair.