The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Would go as far as to say McGovern is THE best keeper I've seen with us.  Went onto the highest level too shutting our Germany at the Euros.  Would love him back.  

McGovern, Parks and Marshall for me.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Don’t want to take anything away from any players performances, but Calvin Miller has been the most important signing for me. Class player and if we keep injury free will be an enormous asset.

Think he's been a huge diff to us going forward, but IMO Tom Lang is getting near Yogi levels of importance to the team.  Would have him POTY at the mo'. 

2 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Think he's been a huge diff to us going forward, but IMO Tom Lang is getting near Yogi levels of importance to the team.  Would have him POTY at the mo'. 

A few contenders for POTY already and will be interesting to see everyone’s choices. For me Hendo’s a contender.

Edited by GunnerBairn

47 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I suppose you’re right in some ways. However, I could counter you by saying the week before Dundee Utd Hogarth made a howler against Edinburgh city, so at the same time we’ll never know if he Hogarth was dropped for the mistake or because it was a cup game. 

OMG Hogarth had some effin moments today, heart in mouth stuff, but TBF to him, at 2-1 the save at the post from the free kick was vital.. Who knows how it might have turned out if that had gone in?  Happy to cut him a bit a slack.  

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Yabadaba doo we support the boys in blue and it's EASY, EASY!!

Speaking of songs, loved the ultras new Carpenters effort. 👏🏻 Sitting nearby I think the lyrics went:

”We’re on top of the league, lookin down on the Accies,

And the only explanation I can find,

Is the form that you’ve found, ever since you’ve been around,

Your loves put me at the top of the league”

😬

32 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Speaking of songs, loved the ultras new Carpenters effort. 👏🏻 Sitting nearby I think the lyrics went:

”We’re on top of the league, lookin down on the Accies,

And the only explanation I can find,

Is the form that you’ve found, ever since you’ve been around,

Your loves put me at the top of the league”

😬

Or the Wham effort for Ross Macivor

Quality, well done lads!

5 hours ago, AGPar said:

Never been a massive fan of Donaldson and would have happily seen another centre-half in the door in the summer.

Today, he chose a very good time to have his best game in a Falkirk shirt by a long, long, long way. As good a central-defensive performance as I've seen in a while. Genuinely outstanding. 

This.

I was his biggest critic last year but today he fucking strolled it against the only team that has even a remote chance of challenging us.

Hamilton were no better than any of the other dross we've played this year.

4 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I never like to moan about volunteers but the camera work on the highlights is poor again this week. Is the resolution of the picture bad for other people too? 

Not for me. The YT video is at 1080, which is high resolution by their standards. I don't think I've seen any YT video at higher resolution, though it's not my area of expertise so I'm happy to be corrected. I assume the Alloa TV guy who posts on here and seems to know his stuff may have an opinion. 

And yes, it's disappointing that he didn't get the ball flying into the net. However, we've now scored 53 competitive goals this season and I don't think the camera operator has missed any others. The camera decided to go "techie" at the wrong time for one of our goals at Cove but that's hardly his fault. 

It's the same old story when you're involved with a high profile organisation like a football club. No-one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, which I assume that was. When you get it right, no-one remembers. But when you get it wrong, no-one forgets. 

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

And yes, it's disappointing that he didn't get the ball flying into the net. However, we've now scored 53 competitive goals this season and I don't think the camera operator has missed any others. The camera decided to go "techie" at the wrong time for one of our goals at Cove but that's hardly his fault. 

I wonder if it’s possible the Club could provide the ‘training camera’ footage to show Miller’s goal in full and re-edit the highlights? Similar to the Cove highlights where we saw Allan’s late goal from a different angle, but at least we saw it. Unless we ask our best bud Hamilton for a copy of their highlights 😬 

Edited by GunnerBairn

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not for me. The YT video is at 1080, which is high resolution by their standards. I don't think I've seen any YT video at higher resolution, though it's not my area of expertise so I'm happy to be corrected. I assume the Alloa TV guy who posts on here and seems to know his stuff may have an opinion. 

It's the same old story when you're involved with a high profile organisation like a football club. No-one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, which I assume that was. When you get it right, no-one remembers. But when you get it wrong, no-one forgets. 

I've been at Hamilton and it shakes like mad up there. Especially if you have a standing commentary team. I tend to sit and try to keep still. Don't imagine it's helped by the strong winds. You're spoiled by the concrete platform to film from at TFS - you can mitigate the movement to an extent. 

The other issue is just the focus. Yes the resolution is 1080p but because it's slightly out of focus with the rain it's just a blur. 1080p50 is also not massively great at movement. It's just ok these days.. Check out Stranraer's highlights for some incredibly sexy 4k footage. You can see the individual frames are like crystal. Streaming at 4k won't happen any time soon and to edit 4k video quickly you need to spend more money on your editing rig or just accept it'll take longer so I'll not be doing it for a bit. 

Missing goals happens but you have got an individual operator though so you lose points for that. I've got an excuse of a stream, replays, live chat and commentary to multi-task.

Let hope and pray we don’t have any serious injuries because that’s all it takes for a drop in quality in the 11. Hamilton will know all about that with arguably their 3 best players all getting injured today. You could tell Longridge is a full back and not centre back as MacIver just bullied him all day. Think he would have had a lot tougher a game against Kilday. Stunning performance that had everything- quality, desire, grit, determination. Superb! 

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've been at Hamilton and it shakes like mad up there. Especially if you have a standing commentary team. I tend to sit and try to keep still. Don't imagine it's helped by the strong winds. You're spoiled by the concrete platform to film from at TFS - you can mitigate the movement to an extent. 

The other issue is just the focus. Yes the resolution is 1080p but because it's slightly out of focus with the rain it's just a blur. 1080p50 is also not massively great at movement. It's just ok these days.. Check out Stranraer's highlights for some incredibly sexy 4k footage. You can see the individual frames are like crystal. Streaming at 4k won't happen any time soon and to edit 4k video quickly you need to spend more money on your editing rig or just accept it'll take longer so I'll not be doing it for a bit. 

Missing goals happens but you have got an individual operator though so you lose points for that. I've got an excuse of a stream, replays, live chat and commentary to multi-task.

You just keep your team beating or drawing with our rivals and you are doing well