The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Not sure what's so wild about being confident? I'm hardly alone in that assessment as the whole travelling support was singing that we'll be "Championship next season".

That song was being sung last season as well so that's not a good barometer to measure anything by.

Feet on ground, one game at a time and see where we are come May

#Business BEFORE the window?

My club knows me, it know what I like, and it's not afraid to use it 😍

Eta there's a whiff of both organisation and ruthlessness about being one of (if not the first) to be picking around Edinburgh City. 

I like it and I want more. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Well there's your back up striker confirmed. 8 goals and 4 assists last season is better reading than his stats this season. Always looked a bit of a pest who isn't afraid to put themselves about, hence the 7 yellow cards in the league this season.

Would have to think Jordan Allen will move on this window. Bit of a shame for him as his career with us has never taken off but he's clearly not too bad a player in the right setup

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well there's your back up striker confirmed. 8 goals and 4 assists last season is better reading than his stats this season. Always looked a bit of a pest who isn't afraid to put themselves about, hence the 7 yellow cards in the league this season.

I’m sure he’s Derek Riordan’s wee cousin.

Actually thought he was a decent player. Good signing and guess it’s no great financial hit. Dont get the Allan situation, always thought he’d thrive in a better team. Dont know if its a case of McGlynn has simply deployed a system which makes it difficult for Allan to fit, or something he doesn’t like about the guy.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Actually thought he was a decent player. Good signing and guess it’s no great financial hit. Dont get the Allan situation, always thought he’d thrive in a better team. Dont know if its a case of McGlynn has simply deployed a system which makes it difficult for Allan to fit, or something he doesn’t like about the guy.

Both of which would be strange as McGlynn signed him

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Did McGlynn not question his attitude not that long ago, seem to recall there was also something about a suspension that Allan had failed to disclose fully. I just don't think he fits McGlynn's style of play. Pleased with Shanley signing he looks a decent player. 

5 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I just hope he gets a decent chance and not 10 mins at the end of every game

It’s competition for places. He’s there as cover for McIver, he’ll be used as a sub and start when McIver is injured/suspended which is totally the correct way to utilise the boy at the moment unless McIver somehow has a drop off in form. 

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s competition for places. He’s there as cover for McIver, he’ll be used as a sub and start when McIver is injured/suspended which is totally the correct way to utilise the boy at the moment unless McIver somehow has a drop off in form. 

I suspect we'll see him as one of McGlynn's usual 60 minute subs, Allan just doesn't fit our system hence the 10 minute cameo's.

Up to him to prove he deserves a start, I like the fact it's just an initial 6 month deal.

OUT NOW! 

🆕🎙️EP:64 OUT-SANG, OUTPLAYED, OUTFOUGHT….OUTSTANDING!

🔵 Review the BIG 3-1 win over Accies with @AlanRisk4 🧢
⚪️ Amazing travelling support 🥁
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly draw & fundraising event 🎸
⚪️ Half season tickets, Speakers night, Falkirk FC Heritage Book launch & all the latest club news discussed 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_6607.thumb.jpeg.9927290c2b20c96cc1e0f9cf9561b62e.jpeg

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I suspect we'll see him as one of McGlynn's usual 60 minute subs, Allan just doesn't fit our system hence the 10 minute cameo's.

Up to him to prove he deserves a start, I like the fact it's just an initial 6 month deal.

I’d like to see Shanley get starts in the squad I don’t think it will be in the coming weeks with the high pressure games but I think he’ll get a start for the Bonnyrigg game and the 6 month deal will be to show what his worth is to other teams

1 hour ago, Hisingdoon said:

I seen it online yesterday I think it was in the top 15 countries in Europe and which teams are unbeaten and out of them it’s just us 3

Bet that whatever you saw was the top 15 leagues, which definitely doesn't include the Cinch league 1