The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Enigma said:

Bookies have you at 1/6, I’d say it’s “more or less” done.

Bookies are protecting themselves. It would be madness to give folk a sniff of a few quid on us now, but I think everyone at the club recognises how important it is not to f**k this up and will keep the heads firmly screwed on. Said in both hope and expectation

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think if you reread he says after a few more wins and assumes that Hamilton will drop further points at the same time to be fair….

Och I'm no doubt getting ahead of myself (as per), but I'm just buzzing about how well this season is going and I'm no longer expecting a collapse. See these next few games through, and send Hamilton home with a sore arse and no points, and we're nearly there.

6 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Och I'm no doubt getting ahead of myself (as per), but I'm just buzzing about how well this season is going and I'm no longer expecting a collapse. See these next few games through, and send Hamilton home with a sore arse and no points, and we're nearly there.

I do tend to think that we are due a wobble at some point as it hasn’t happened yet, and I really hope that doesn’t start tomorrow.
However I was looking at how many points I think we need to win the league from here and I think if we win our home games and drew our away games (that’s an average of 2 points per game, and we are currently doing about 2.6 points per game), I couldn’t see Hamilton closing the gap adequately. So yes, I agree we should have enough even if we have a couple of losses along the way.
But then again it’s Falkirk we are talking about….😳

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Bookies have you at 1/6, I’d say it’s “more or less” done.

I dunno, lose tomorrow and Hamilton could have it in their own hands. Game in hand and two more games against us.

I don't think we're anywhere near "more or less" being done.

Don't want to even think about the title until the flag's half way up the pole.  We've been through too much in the past 6-7 years to get ahead of ourselves.  At the same time, it's that experience that should now make us more resilient and, dare I say it, humble.

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hamilton vs Stirling rearranged for Saturday 20th January. So looks we'll only have the extra game for one round of fixtures which is a shame 

We remain in the privileged position of "just keep doing what we're doing" though. Which is the main thing. We've worked to get it in a position where everything is down to us. Now we just need to ram it home. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We remain in the privileged position of "just keep doing what we're doing" though. Which is the main thing. We've worked to get it in a position where everything is down to us. Now we just need to ram it home. 

Doing what we are doing requires an option. Because as we go into the 2nd half of the season, the opposition are going to be more adept at countering the teams playing style.

Nothing won yet and there is a long way to go.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Doing what we are doing requires an option. Because as we go into the 2nd half of the season, the opposition are going to be more adept at countering the teams playing style.

Nothing won yet and there is a long way to go.

I don't think they are you know. I think what we're going to see in that regard, we've seen already. Q2 is when everyone has had a good look. In Q3, the squad depth, full time status etc should come to bear hopefully

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hamilton vs Stirling rearranged for Saturday 20th January. So looks we'll only have the extra game for one round of fixtures which is a shame 

Don’t think it matters too much. I think this week is fairly pivotal until the mid Feb. We ‘could’ be 11 points clear by tomorrow. Then you’d imagine we’ll be too strong for Edinburgh and you’re hoping Cove may get a draw or so on Saturday at Hamilton. That could potentially open up a 13/14 point gap. All ifs buts and maybes.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game. McGlynn will look to players like McGinn to keep the players heads straight and with absolutely no press for best part of five years, suddenly we’ve become back page news. Players just need to concentrate on what they’ve done really well  for 19 games. 

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Players just need to concentrate on what they’ve done really well  for 19 games. 

Which is more or less what Coll Donaldson said in his post match interview. Basically saying he’ll leave all the predictions and stats to the media and fans, but the team just focus on the next game in front of them and prepare the same. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

As long as the players keep that professional attitude that's what matters and we can all go wild.

I think if we win tomorrow we will have opened up a huge gap, Hamilton and their fans will know every game is a must win if we go 11 clear.

If they then dropped points to cove at home on Saturday I think it would be over and I think they would know it.

5 hours ago, GMBairn said:

As long as the players keep that professional attitude that's what matters and we can all go wild.

I think if we win tomorrow we will have opened up a huge gap, Hamilton and their fans will know every game is a must win if we go 11 clear.

If they then dropped points to cove at home on Saturday I think it would be over and I think they would know it.

It's not over. It's over when it's over. 

14 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Wouldn't be surprised though if this game gets cancelled again with Stirling having a grass pitch and it being mid January.

Re the fixtures, I think we will have a much better picture as to where we are all at mid to late February. Looking at the next 5 rounds of fixtures there are a lot of challenging ones for us, Accies and Cove, often playing each other. Not long to wait to see how it all shakes out.

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Happy 25th Birthday to Calvin Miller.

If you could give us another wonder goal as a present tonight we’d all be very grateful.

I assume a round of 'Happy Birthday' is in order from the young team 

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Excellent piece!

Great piece and great exposure for the club. Just wish it wasn’t spoiled by some fans telling the camera guys where to stick their cameras!