The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Roboccop said:

Hubris nearly caused that defeat, and I’m far from sudden that wasn’t a dive at the end

This.

We’ve been saying, “I’m not getting carried away, but..”

We were lucky to get a point. Would things have been different if we’d kept the first team and just replaced MacIver? We’ll never know, but yes.

We maybe needed that, even if we didn’t want it  

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

We would’ve won if Morrison was on at HT btw - why was he on the bench? Another disgraceful decision if he was fit enough to come on at any point but didn’t. 

For me the pedestrian pace we played at causes our problems  first half -in particular we missed McCann and Yeats energy down the flanks. In addition I’ve never seen Allan do anything to justify signing him .Shanley looks to offer a lot more  up top and should now cement his role to be back up  striker. 
john McGlynns believe that his bench could all play championship football  looks ludicrous now given they were out fought by a bunch of kids! 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Really hope this ends the love in with Allan especially. Have not understood it for the best part of a year, this has proven me right. 

Agreed. The fact he has a song is downright baffling. He and the other squad players blew it majorly and should be nowhere near the starting 11 when our best players are fit EVER AGAIN.

That's not good enough today. And it's on McGlynn. I could have took a change of striker but don't f**k about with wholesale changes if they aren't needed. Total disrespect to Edinburgh and fair play to them on their point. Why Morrison wasn't brought on is either tactical cos he'd have been my first choice or he's got a move in the pipeline. This should be some fringe players last day in a Falkirk jersey and move on. 

1 minute ago, StuartA said:

This.

We were lucky to get a point. Would things have been different if we’d kept the first team and just replaced MacIver? We’ll never know, but yes.

I'm sure I've started a few posts with "I'm not getting carried away but....". It's a reality check, to be sure. Hopefully it is one for the players too and any concerns about complacency are out the door starting from here.

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We would’ve won if Morrison was on at HT btw - why was he on the bench? Another disgraceful decision if he was fit enough to come on at any point but didn’t. 

Calm down FFS. The manager has made a c**t of it today - but he hasn’t done much wrong this season. We rescued a point in the end - it could have been much worse. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Really hope this ends the love in with Allan especially. Have not understood it for the best part of a year, this has proven me right. 

Nah not up for this either. Today was a shitshow, but the first one of the season. Let’s not start hanging anyone out to dry. 

3 minutes ago, StuartA said:

This.

We were not lucky to get a point. We had enough chances to win 4 games even in the first 25 minutes we made plenty. Hit the bar twice, their keeper made 3 fabulous saves 2nd half. 

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Two points thrown away entirely due to the complacency bordering on stupidity of the manager today.

The league is EVERYTHING for us this year, get the game won then make the changes.

The upcoming cup ties particularly the diddy cup would have been the place to make some changes if he felt it necessary.

All his brain fart today has done is throw a lifeline to Hamilton.

Raging.

Mathematically the league is in Hamilton’s hands.

Nah not up for this either. Today was a shitshow, but the first one of the season. Let’s not start hanging anyone out to dry. 

If you aren’t angry after today you never will be. As someone posted earlier maybe somehow a blessing in disguise. We’re not Barcelona. 

Only one I'm hanging out to dry today is McGlynn and don't have any nastiness to any of the players today.

My point here is I have not thought Allan has been good enough since he was brought in and have not understood the excitement he generates. He hasn't shown anything worth it since he was at Clyde in my opinion. So I'm hoping this will be the end of having McIver or even Shanley (who I think has shown more in 2 appearances) questioned for coming on instead of him.

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

For me the pedestrian pace we played at causes our problems  first half -in particular we missed McCann and Yeats energy down the flanks. In addition I’ve never seen Allan do anything to justify signing him .Shanley looks to offer a lot more  up top and should now cement his role to be back up  striker. 
john McGlynns believe that his bench could all play championship football  looks ludicrous now given they were out fought by a bunch of kids! 

They are better players than they showed today. To throw 5 in at one time and change the team around was a poor call and probably unfair on the players. 

Just now, Roboccop said:

I doubt we will ever see Jordan Allan play again for us unless there’s a real problem with injuries

MacIver injured next week, is Shanley cup-tied? If so, Allan will have to start unless he does something like put Oliver up there.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Calm down FFS. The manager has made a c**t of it today - but he hasn’t done much wrong this season. We rescued a point in the end - it could have been much worse. 

Agree with this. Hopefully it proves to be a blessing in disguise because, if he was to try similar against a Kelty or Montrose for example, we could easily have lost all three points. The pre match interview didn't hint at so many changes so we need to hear how he's going to justify this.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson and won't do it again.