The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

After the abuse they got last January, I doubt the club will put anything up until about a minute before an announcement. I'm sure someone can invent something on here, but most of those tends to fall flat on their faces. 🤣

Shanley's already looking a shrewd piece of business, was a nuisance on Saturday when he came on and it was an excellent flick on for the first goal.

I want more from Ross, the talents there but he needs to start contributing with goals and assists when he gets his chance.

I'd love another option to play as the 6 or 8 just incase Hendo or Spencer pick up an injury or suspension. McGinn's done unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd love another option to play as the 6 or 8 just incase Hendo or Spencer pick up an injury or suspension. McGinn's done unfortunately.

Suppose Finn Yates could play there if needed with Bisland coming in at at right back. That or Nisbet dropping back into midfield then Alfie or Ethan Ross could play in behind the striker. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Suppose Finn Yates could play there if needed with Bisland coming at at right back. That or Nisbet dropping deeper the Alfie or Ross could play in behind the striker. 

Just means there are 2/3 changes to the usual starting line up for one player being out and Yeats & Nesbitt have both been excellent in their positions. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just means there are 2/3 changes to the usual starting line up for one player being out and Yeats & Nesbitt have both been excellent in their positions. 

2 for me. If its Hendo that's out, Yeats moves in and Bisland replaces. If it's Spencer that's out, Nesbitt moves back and Ross or Alfie start in the 3 behind the striker

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Suppose Finn Yates could play there if needed with Bisland coming in at at right back. That or Nisbet dropping back into midfield then Alfie or Ethan Ross could play in behind the striker. 

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

2 for me. If its Hendo that's out, Yeats moves in and Bisland replaces. If it's Spencer that's out, Nesbitt moves back and Ross or Alfie start in the 3 behind the striker

I’m really against playing a Nesbitt or an Oliver in a deeper number 8 role. We done it last season a few times and it’s really not that effective. Against teams who we are comfortably better than and will have lots of the ball Nesbitt or Oliver are fine in the number 8 role. However, against teams that will give us a bit of battle in the midfield it dosent work. Yeats is the best option if Hendo or Spencer is injured. Although I would really prefer if we signed someone as cover in there. As someone else said, McGinn is finished.

Edited by Big chungus

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Here we go again with this anti-council pish. . 

No we don't. We pay a share of of the costs for OUR roof and guttering, given that they're part of the stadium where we have our offices, dressing room etc. Our share is proportionate and reasonable according to our current directors. 

How many times does this need to be explained to you before it sinks in? 

ETA: - If you live in a block of flats and the roof starts leaking, it's not the top flat that pays for the repairs. All the tenants in the block pay a proportionate share. Including the guy on the ground floor. 

Well the last roof repairs were paid for by FFC and the council did not pay a penny towards the costs.

You are welcome to prove otherwise, which you won't because you can't

I did not start the thread on the stadium matter and my comment was valid. If you find the facts uncomfortable - tough

25 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Good analysis, and probably shows that £500k more would be the baseline. North of that would mean the higher variables like cup runs and transfers, stronger performance, and where creativity comes in.

I’m sure the more conservative numbers would be in July’s spreadsheet. I think (can’t remember where I read it) that the commercial team had met its stretch targets so I guess the question is how much more stretch exists. 

Think so but can’t rely on that given the nature of football: a winning team brings in more money, a struggling team brings in less. 

Cup runs are pretty much negligible as we get an equally good run, as proven last season as we’ll start in the same round as this year. Our chances might be better if we strengthen but will still be luck of the draw. Can’t get much better than Wick/Alloa or Formartine/Bonnyrigg. 

Not heard anything about commercial targets but if we have reached those stretched target at this time then that would be an incredible effort by the commercial team.

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well the last roof repairs were paid for by FFC and the council did not pay a penny towards the costs.

I did not start the thread on the stadium matter and my comment was valid. If you find the facts uncomfortable - tough

Got the receipt?

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We should offer a more down to earth hospitality experience IMO. There should be packages that see you put at a table in the Brockville Bar with a few sausage rolls/pies and some bar vouchers for the early game, then just sat in the KM7. Or stick a container with a can bar down the East side and watch the match from a Scaffold to get a view no one else ever gets 

Get the hot tub back for the east side as part of that package.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Okay, seeing you're asking for proof, let's see yours. Show me the proof that the last roof repairs were paid for by the club with no contribution by the council. 

Claims are not facts until they're substantiated by evidence. My evidence is director comments on podcasts which are a matter of public record. I could add multiple personal conversations with directors and staff, but as I can't prove they took place they don't count. Just as any "I heard that" counter claims from you don't count  either. 

Evidence please HSW. 

Playing devils advocate for a moment and looking at it from the opposite side, your claim might be accurate. Possibly Falkirk could  have sponsors who have the skills, equipment and knowledge to repair a roof quickly at a low price in order to get a game on. Say we paid £1000 to a sponsor to cover costs in order to get a game on which brought in £40,000 revenue. That's a no-brainer and were I in a CEO position I would make the decision in a second and worry about getting the council to contribute afterwards. (numbers plucked out of thin air BTW, but they illustrate the point). 

If that ever did happen, I'd applaud the club for making a wise decision. Rather than using it to make digs at the council. And until you provide evidence none of us know if my speculation ever happened. Over to you HSW. 

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

One of the guys on our bus years back missed Stainrod's goal at St Johnstone wandering out with a pie asking what did i miss?

"Nothing much mate, just a goal from the halfway line direct from kick-off." Imagine if he missed McGuffie's goal tae 🤣

21 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Apparently Cove and you guys have a bigger budget according to the recent Forum.

Would this be the same fans forum in December that Accies fans were told Callumn Morrison would be signing from FFC amongst other things? Maybe take it with a pinch of salt. 

35 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Okay, seeing you're asking for proof, let's see yours. Show me the proof that the last roof repairs were paid for by the club with no contribution by the council. 

Claims are not facts until they're substantiated by evidence. My evidence is director comments on podcasts which are a matter of public record. I could add multiple personal conversations with directors and staff, but as I can't prove they took place they don't count. Just as any "I heard that" counter claims from you don't count  either. 

Evidence please HSW. 

Playing devils advocate for a moment and looking at it from the opposite side, your claim might be accurate. Possibly Falkirk could  have sponsors who have the skills, equipment and knowledge to repair a roof quickly at a low price in order to get a game on. Say we paid £1000 to a sponsor to cover costs in order to get a game on which brought in £40,000 revenue. That's a no-brainer and were I in a CEO position I would make the decision in a second and worry about getting the council to contribute afterwards. (numbers plucked out of thin air BTW, but they illustrate the point). 

If that ever did happen, I'd applaud the club for making a wise decision. Rather than using it to make digs at the council. And until you provide evidence none of us know if my speculation ever happened. Over to you HSW. 

Keith Gourlay also said on the FD podcast that we're paying premier costs, which is a problem in League 1 and the Championship but we have a contract.

Doesn't sound great tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Keith Gourlay also said on the FD podcast that we're paying premier costs, which is a problem in League 1 and the Championship but we have a contract.

Doesn't sound great tbh. 

That probably relates more to the near 80k a year rent we pay SA for use of the south stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

41 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Apparently Cove and you guys have a bigger budget according to the recent Forum.

Probably from the same banger who fabricated the transfer story this week, humiliating that young journalist at Lanarkshire Live. 

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That must be like nipping for a quick slash whilst awaiting the birth of your first child and hearing the baby cry as you walk back towards the delivery suite😩

Can’t speak. The scars of the missed Hearts game in 2003 still run deep. 

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is a china teapot in an elliptical orbit around the sun, somewhere between Earth and Mars.  It’s too small to be seen by telescopes or picked up by instrumentation but it’s there.  Prove me wrong.  You can’t.  If you find the facts uncomfortable - tough.

Did that sound like a nonsense statement?