The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Calvin is our most important player imo and he's well on his way to winning PotY at this rate. I still can't quite believe that Morton weren't able to get the best out of him. Hope Callumn stays but it's not looking likely.

Why is it not looking likely? What have ai missed? 

Maybe there are other clubs seriously interested in Morrison but has been kept quiet.

We certainly have cover for Morrison if he goes tonight. Morrison however can provide that extra bit of magic when needed in games even when he has had 6/10 game.

Like the majority of us, hope he will be here to the end of season but can't see any longer than that.

Just now, Mevilc Bairn said:

Maybe there are other clubs seriously interested in Morrison but has been kept quiet.

We certainly have cover for Morrison if he goes tonight. Morrison however can provide that extra bit of magic when needed in games even when he has had 6/10 game.

Like the majority of us, hope he will be here to the end of season but can't see any longer than that.

At least we are spared the bullshitters with their inside information from talking to those in the know in supermarkets, or imagining they do more like.

Club staying watertight regarding these stories / attention seekers bullshit should be welcomed as it indicates a higher calibre of individual running the club

Of our established, first pick outfield 10 we haven't had a single failure this season. I'd hate to see any of them go before the end of the season but I just think that Morrison has got that something extra about him that can be the difference between us drawing or winning . I'll never forget that goal against Montrose for as long as I live. He can go for free at the end of the season with my blessing but I'd be absolutely gutted if he left this window.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I think it would be pretty strange to put Cal on the cover of the TNS programme as the club has just published if he was leaving 

Collectors item 😏

All jokes aside. I'll hedge my bets and say he won't be going anywhere tonight. Linfield have 6 league and cup games remaining - I can't see him swapping a title and possible cup win he's contributed to all season here for reflected glory and a holiday in April when he can make a decision in the summer. He's never struck me as a guy who's been in a hurry to depart even when we were rank rotten!

That's my gut feeling. Hope I'm right 🤞

Edited by Blame Me

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Calvin is our most important player imo and he's well on his way to winning PotY at this rate. I still can't quite believe that Morton weren't able to get the best out of him. Hope Callumn stays but it's not looking likely.

This has been covered on this thread previously. He came to us after not playing for a few months so took time to get up to speed. In his last 6-8 games for us, he was good (not amazing)and most would have been happy for him to stay.

He's dropped a level so not surprised he's doing well. 

Will be interesting to see If he can maintain those numbers if you lot finally make it back up.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

This has been covered on this thread previously. He came to us after not playing for a few months so took time to get up to speed. In his last 6-8 games for us, he was good (not amazing)and most would have been happy for him to stay.

He's dropped a level so not surprised he's doing well. 

Will be interesting to see If he can maintain those numbers if you lot finally make it back up.

“Finally make it back up” 😂

Since the millennium Morton have spent 6 seasons in the 3rd tier & a season in the 4th tier. Not to mention you haven’t played in the top flight for almost 40 years. Pipe down pal. 

If Morrison has a clause that allows his release/transfer, it would have surely been called by now. However you never know in football. We've had some twists and turns and tbh nothing would surprise me. Just hope that if there’s no clause we don’t sell at any cost.

10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

All the players brought in over the summer were two year deals I believe although I think a few of them have clauses that allow players to walk if we don’t get promoted. 

Apart from Nicky Hogarth, who was announced as a one year deal. 

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Agree with this 100%. He's been sensational. 

Ive never been a huge fan but Morrison has been great as well this season tbf. 

I honestly can't believe we signed a player as good as Miller. We'll have some fight on our hands keeping him beyond this summer if he keeps up his current form. He's not only better than this level, he's MILES better than this level. Hope he isn't out of contract in 2025!

29 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Apart from Nicky Hogarth, who was announced as a one year deal. 

Herald had Agyeman's quoted as a 3 year deal, the club never seem to have announced how long it was though.